• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...ton-assisted-living-abuse-20180713-story.html
A caretaker at an assisted living facility put duct tape over the mouth, hands and feet of a 67-year-old dementia patient to silence and restrain her at a Boynton Beach assisted-living facility, police say.

Police on Thursday arrested Lashron Williams, 52, and Phygelle Brudent, 44, both of West Palm Beach.
391x220

They were in a Palm Beach County jail on Friday, each facing charges of false imprisonment and elderly abuse.
[....]
The tape was applied to the patient’s mouth to prevent her from screaming, and it was removed to give her sleeping pills, according to reports.

Brudent admitted to investigators that she took the patient to another patient’s room, tied her waist to a chair with a cloth pajama pant and used duct tape to bind her hands and feet against the chair, an arrest report said.

At one point the chair was tilted back against a bed, making it “very unsafe” for the patient, police said.

Brudent told police she was frustrated because the patient could not remain quiet and she had other patients to care for, according to reports.

Williams told police she saw the patient with duct tape around her mouth, and said she removed it to give the woman sleeping pills. She also told police she removed a small portion of the tape that bound the woman’s body.

She told investigators that she discussed with Brudent that tying the patient to a chair was wrong, but didn’t report the incident, her arrest report said.
[....]
The incident had been reported to the Florida Department of Children & Families. An arresting officer saw evidence of the illegal restraining of the patient, but that evidence was not described in police reports.

Brudent and Williams are accused of inflicting physical and psychological injury upon the patient, who was “not alert to time, place and the year,” police said.

A third employee of the facility was being investigated as a possible suspect in the continuing investigation, Boynton Beach Police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said.
[....]

My bestie's dad died last week, a shadow of the great man that he was, at the end all he could do was cry and ask for his little dog, dementia had almost completed taken his memory. I thank every god that there is that he only had to spend like 1 week in a nursing home. My friend had kept him at home until it was obvious he needed more care than she could give him.

These hambeast bitches need to be drawn and quartered and then dumped in a hole and covered up with shit. If you can't deal with the elderly, don't work with them.

Last edited:
Lashron told investigators that she discussed with Brudent that tying the patient to a chair was wrong, but didn’t report the incident.

Tying the patient up = WRONG
Drugging the patient = RIGHT

The fact that Lashron didn’t freak the fuck out and immediately call the cops suggests this wasn’t the first time she’d seen duct tape used as a calming strategy.

A third employee of the facility is being investigated as a possible suspect in the continuing investigation,

Yep.

An officer saw evidence of the illegal restraining of the patient, but that evidence was not described in police reports.

That’s some pretty fucking sloppy police work!

Where the fuck we're all the other employees? Think all the staff needs investigated.

Is this a facility with a lot of low grade abuse going on?
Maybe this was a patient with a lot of problems but no one cared enough and there was only incompetent and desperate help available to solve the immediate problem. A newsworthy, melodramatic problem.
I see this one patient making news and think of dozens suffering many small humiliations but escalating events in the same facility. Are there concerned relatives or employees monitoring them so they don t suffer the same fate?

Those two hambeasts are terrifying. I wouldn't expect an iota of compassion from either of those faces.

ETA: I will also bet the facility is too understaffed to give reasonable care, conditions are a psychological pressure cooker, and there's virtually no training in caring for dementia patients.

Last edited:
Tying the patient up = WRONG
I used to work in the Psych Ward of a hospital when I was in college and restraints were relatively common for violent, or self-harming, patients. To restraint a patient it was known by the most common maker of medical restraints, "Posey". To "Posey" a patient a psych doctor and nurse must authorize their use. We never used rope, clothing or fucking duct-tape to restrain them.

images

Here's an example of a proper, authorized restraint from "Posey". As you see, no fucking duct-tape.

Third Nursing Home Staffer Arrested in Alleged Duct Taping of Dementia Patient to Chair

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...aping-of-dementia-patient-to-chair/ar-BBLmUN0

A third nursing home staffer was arrested over a 67-year-old dementia patient allegedly tied to a chair with duct tape. Sherlie Tesyeux, 27, was booked on one count of elder neglect. Broward County Sheriff’s Office arrested her at the Fort Lauderdale Hollywood Int’l Airport after she returned from a trip to Haiti, said Boynton Beach Police on Wednesday.

Stories like this make me thankful that my Madea never had to spend time in a nursing home. I'd beat them so bad they would need care from someone.

Back