• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Victoria

Intrepid Sojourner
Bold Member!
th

A young giraffe is said to be relaxing with her mother today at an Indiana zoo, after helping the staff get the new season off and running, literally, recently.

On Monday, Thabisa, a nearly 6-month-old female giraffe, got loose at the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo.

"We have radios that were able to notify all zoo staff immediately. ... That call went out over the radio with a little bit of a panicked tone, as you might imagine." said Joe Smith, a zoo spokesman.

It was a beautiful, sunny, spring day and she just wanted to kick up her heels a bit.

Glad her little adventure ended with no injury to Thabisa and she is back with her mama.
mini-graphics-hearts-136449.gif

USDA investigates, zoo staff looks for improvements after giraffe escape

http://www.wane.com/news/local-news/giraffe-escapes-from-exhibit-at-fort-wayne-zoo/1135457601

Last edited:
it wanted to be with it's momma and probably rightfully doesn't care for the icky two legged monsters

She was having a goooood time, gonna make them buttholes work for their money today.

I'm very glad she didn't out on the road, can't imagine how I would have reacted to seeing a giraffe running down the interstate.

Tho we did have a random elephant in town one day. Almost life sized, too, just standng on a trailer in down town Thomaston. I can't imagine what it was for or where it was going. I kept thinking maybe someone had it because they are fans of the Crimson Tide. But why park it on the street ? To freak people out? (like me)

Latest posts

Back