• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...-6-arrested-citywide-paintball-war/553124002/
[....]
Four of the arrests were made in the 5th precinct and two more were made in the 6th precinct, said Officer Dan Donakowski, a Detroit police spokesman.

"People were going around firing at each other," Donakowski said, adding there was social media chatter about the incident.

One Twitter user posted a 2:20 video, from the inside of a vehicle, that shows a passenger in the vehicle unloading a paintball gun on a black vehicle it was following. By the end, the vehicle was riddled with white and orange splats of paint.

Another Twitter user, apparently caught in the middle of a game he didn't know he was participating in, wrote: "I Was A Victim Of A Paintball War In Detroit Today."
[....]
Donakowski said that Captain Darrell Patterson of the 7th precinct was out in plainclothes when paintball shots were fired at this vehicle. He made one of the four arrests in the 5th precincts.

One Twitter user didn't see the humor in the 'war,' writing: "It is unacceptable AND dangerous to ride around pulling guns—whether they’re real OR paintball— on folk. This is how folk end up dead — joking around. A child just pulled their paintball rifle on my Father. The very worst could have happened."

Kinda sounds fun lol. It's Detroit, they should sell tickets and get the street lights turned back on. Biggest issue in my opinion is the people who were caught unaware.

@Satanica
A man accused of taking part in a paintball battle across Detroit was stunned Friday when a judge set his bond at $30,000.

Davon Williams, 22, was arraigned on Friday for taking part in the battles across Detroit that included an unmarked police car being hit by a paintball.

Williams faced a judge in Wayne County and couldn't believe the trouble he was facing after being charged with multiple crimes including assault and battery and throwing objects at trains or cars. Each charge carries 93 days in jail and $500 fine.

He was in shock and in disbelief when the charges were read and told the judge that he could not afford the $30,000 bond or 3%. The judge told him the bond would not change.

Williams was arrested Wednesday when nearly a dozen paintballs struck Capt. Darrell Patterson's vehicle. The paintballs rained on the unmarked car after Patterson turned on its emergency lights when he saw about 50 people with paintball guns shooting at each other.

Chief James Craig says they're taking the paintball shootings very seriously and have taken police out of service to investigate the shootings.

"I'm calling them replica firearms, because when you look at some of these paint guns they look just like an actual firearm," he said. "With armed citizens, police officers when confronted with someone with a replica weapon - or in this case a paint gun - they may make the mistake of thinking it's a real firearm and feel threatened."
http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/detroit-man-charged-in-paintball-battles-stunned-by-bond
Davon Williams before his bond
4af4ed7f-e75e-4335-a10c-e494ce3362b4_750x422.jpg

Davon Williams after learning his bond is $30,000
stunned%20by%20bond_1524864912150.jpg_5427940_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a face or neck tattoo, cover it before going anywhere near a judge, maybe you could put a lawyer on retainer with a jar of Maybelline. Or if you actually give a shit about your life, don't get them in the first place. Screw this guy and his broke "I can't come up with $900" ass...

This is like Lord of the Flies. Maybe they should be put on an uninhabited island and let them take out their childish violence on each other.

Back