• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
This is an awful story. I saw a notification flash across my phone yesterday afternoon, but there was not an article at that time and no details. Poor mom!

http://www.fox4news.com/news/multiple-people-found-dead-inside-denton-county-home
[....]
Officials said a man shot dead his three children, his ex-wife's current boyfriend and also shot his ex-wife before turning the gun on himself. The ex-wife was the only person who survived the murder-suicide.

The Ponder Volunteer Fire Department said it got a call around 8:30 a.m. about a self-inflicted gunshot victim at a home in the 600 block of Lonestar Park Lane in Ponder. When firefighters got to the home they found six victims. Five were deceased. The sixth person, the ex-wife, was taken to Medical City Denton by ground ambulance, the fire department said.

The Denton County Sheriff's Department is helping the Ponder Police Department investigate the case. Officials said the suspected shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound and said there is no threat to the community.

Identities of the victims as well as the father have not been released. Ponder ISD said it had no students or staff listed at the home's address nor any absences that would raise alarms.
[....]

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/05/17/murder-suicide-texas-exhusband-mom-children-cremate/
UPDATE: The Medical Examiner said Thursday afternoon the cause of death for the children was multiple gunshot wounds. Each child was shot more than once.
[....]
Just hours after the murders Simpson, who was shot in the shoulder, recorded a Facebook Live video from her hospital bed at Medical City Denton. This morning a visibly groggy Simpson again took to social media. She explained that she is “on a ton of medication” and just seconds before doctors came into her room said, “They don’t know how long I’m gonna be in here still.”
serveimage

Simpson did another Facebook Live post minutes later saying, “The surgeon just came in here and asked me how my shoulder’s doing. It looks like tomorrow he’s gonna take me into the OR and try to get the bullet out of this shoulder, because it’s in between my shoulder blade and my rib cage.”

Painter was apparently distraught that his ex-wife was about to move in with her new boyfriend. On the video today Simpson talked about Richardson for the first time. “Word has gotten out Seth was there,” she said.”We were gonna start a life… and I mean, I’ll tell everybody that story just I can’t do it now. Justin couldn’t accept that I made a decision to make myself happy. But, okay enough of that.”

During the video Simpson again showed a framed picture of her three children and said, “I’ll let you guys know that I will be cremating them together and taking them with me everywhere I go, so I always have them by my side.”

Thursday morning the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office officially identified those children as 8-year-old Odin, 6-year-old Caydence and 4-year-old Drake. Odin and Caydence were students at Parkview Elementary in the Keller Independent School District.
serveimage

[....]
During her video post on the day of the shooting she lashed out at the legal system. “I made it very clear to the judge that he was mentally unstable. And they didn’t listen,” she said. “So now, I don’t have my babies.”

Today Simpson said she didn’t want to talk about the murders because she keeps “reliving it every time I close my eyes.” The 29-year-old says after she’s released from the hospital she will be moving to Virginia to be with her family.

Yeah, she saw them murdered.

In the video, Simpson also expressed anger toward the judge who handled her divorce case. She said Painter had previously tried to commit suicide and that he was mentally unstable. She said the judge ignored her warnings.

This just about finished me. I had emails from my ex threatening me but because the threats were veiled (eg he didn't actually say in so many words "I will kill you") the judge in our case wouldn't even grant me a restraining order. Victims of domestic abuse (and I've no doubt it will come out that was the case here) need to be taken much, much more seriously in the courts.

This could just be another grim and disgusting sign of the times. Society today is so obsessed with social media and all that nonsense that they will put shit out there like this, even in situations like this.

It also could have an even more troubling reason. Many people use social media primarily to connect/stay connected with family/close friends, not to interact with strangers and put their whole lives out there for the world to see. Many of these people unfortunately are ignorant of the fact that unless you click on the varying privacy settings to put your shit on lock, you are in fact putting it out for the world to see whether you like it or not(and even with privacy settijngs, shit is never fully private). I sincerely hope this poor woman wasnt merely trying to get some news out to family/friends and the media looked her up and blasted it out there as soon as they got wind of the vics name, without her consent.

They got divorced 2 months ago, but the father got custody of the kids, not her.

WHy did she have them during the time of the shooting then? I havent read up on their divorce or custody arrangement. Did they a type of agreement where he had primary, just give her weekends, or was there perhaps just some temprary thing where he was given em until she could get some affairs in order and something longer term could be worked out moving forward. Divorce turns folks lives upside down and depending on how they agreed to split money/house/property/etc. up could impact whether a certain parent was in a state to even properly care for 3 kids at least iniitially.

Back