• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Hellsbells

Trusted Member
FBI join search for 2-year-old boy missing in Bellevue

photo27_t670kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.jpg

BELLEVUE, Wash. - FBI investigators are now lending their expertise in the case of a 2-year-old boy who disappeared supposedly after his mother left him in an unlocked car that had run out of gas.

Search teams went door-to-door and combed an area roughly 20 city blocks long on Sunday, Bellevue Police said. According to the boy's mother, Sky Metalwala disappeared from the 2400 block of 112th Ave N.E.

Police suspended the search in the wooded residential neighborhood around 6 p.m., but continued to follow up on other leads, including questioning the mother at headquarters.

"Search and rescue is confident that the child is nowhere in this area," said Carla Iafrate with Bellevue Police.

Investigators said the child's mother told them she ran out of gas and took her 4-year-old with her to go get help while leaving the 2-year-old in the car. About an hour later she returned to the vehicle and the baby was gone, she said.

The North Towne Chevron, a little less than a mile from the scene, said the woman called a friend from the gas station to come get her.

Iafrate said at least one of the car doors was unlocked, and that the vehicle started when they tested it, but cautioned that that was possible for a car that has been sitting there for some time.

Sky is half Asian Indian and half white, with brown eyes, dark buzzcut hair, wearing a dark green hooded sweatshirt and blue and gray striped Carter pants.

A spokesman for the boy's father said parents are going through a divorce and he hasn't had any contact with the children since January. Police say he is cooperating fully with the investigation.

According to court records, both parents were cited in December 2009 for leaving a child unattended. An attorney tells KING-5 back then the child was left in the car for a shorter period than Sunday's case, but a passerby in the parking lot spotted the child and called police.

Court records said among other stipulations, both parents were required to complete parenting courses.

"Right now we don't know, we can only go off what the mother told us," said Iafrate. "But we're going to search beyond that, and since we can't find the child right here in this area, we're going to be asking other questions."

http://www.king5.com/home/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

Last edited:
RAAAARRRRGGHHHH - you take ALL your kids with you if you are stranded!!!!! You go slower. But you LIVE.
Also, you take all your kids with you when you get out of the car yourself.... OH this makes me SO mad.
AND they were both citied for shitty parenting attendance..... Oh wow. I wonder if she has the heart-brain connection enough to feel BAD. I hope so. Ive lugged a four year old and one year old twins a fuck of a lot further than this bitch strolled... It was agony. I lost weight that day, it was an australian summer, and i carried all their things with me too. But gee, you know? I just couldn't leave them THERE?!?!?!?

As I said on the FP, my first question would be if Sky was ever in the car in the first place?

Makes zero sense to take one child and leave the other. At 2, he could easily get himself out of the car seat, open the car door and wander off. Which is why I wonder if he was ever there at all.

I also immediately doubted this story. Who takes one kid and leaves the other behind? That makes no sense. How lazy can you be? This may be another case of having to talk to the other child. A four year old should be capable of saying whether their brother was in the car to begin with. I'm not feeling good about this one. Also, I looked at a map of where this happened. There are tons of houses, a school...Why not take both kids to the closest place and ask someone to use their phone?

As I said on the FP, my first question would be if Sky was ever in the car in the first place?

Makes zero sense to take one child and leave the other. At 2, he could easily get himself out of the car seat, open the car door and wander off. Which is why I wonder if he was ever there at all.

This is my first thought too. Why would you leave one child and take the other? My thought is that baby boy is dead, and she thought up this plan to keep from getting into trouble for murder.
But, if some passer-by saw the baby, and realized that the shit head mom was just that and decided to take him for their own... hopefully if that's the case, they will contact authorities.

The picture is exactly what he was wearing when he went missing. That's pretty coincidental, I would say!

It's women like this that make Casey Anthony look like a good liar!

Last edited:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eaves-unlocked-car-breakdown-article-1.973634

Police were called to the scene, but did not find a gas can there — an observation that cast some doubt on Sky’s mother’s story, the paper reported.

Bellevue police said that the investigation was being treated as a missing-person case, not a kidnapping.

"We don't know much, other than that the child is still missing," police spokeswoman Carla Iafrate said. "I don't know if the child got out on his own."

Bellevue police would not comment on whether the parents' background was pertinent to this case, but said they are keeping all scenarios on the table.

"Right now we don't know, we can only go off what the mother told us," said Lafrate. "But we're going to search beyond that, and since we can't find the child right here in this area, we're going to be asking other questions."

Something smells off here.

I'm not sure why not finding a gas can is important. Maybe she was going to get one with the friend that showed up. Why call a friend to come get you if you have a gas can? Just go back to the car, put gas in, drive car to gas station and fill it up. Who needs a friend to pick them up for that unless you don't have a gas can or can't afford gas and are just going to leave the car?

I'm not sure why not finding a gas can is important.

IDK. Maybe she has told them at some point that she had gone for gas, and that's why they find it suspicious? And taken with all the other stuff (leaving one child behind, prior for leaving a child).... Something just doesn't seem right here. I just think it is really strange that someone would leave one child behind. A mile is not that far to walk, even with a two year old, so I don't understand what would possess this mother to leave the little guy behind in an unlocked car. And I also agree with [MENTION=1047]sintax[/MENTION] that it's a pretty big coincidence that the child is wearing the same outfit in the photo as he was wearing when he disappeared. (Is there no date on the pic?)

I would think that if he did get himself out of the car and wandered off, he would have been quite close by. So either someone has taken him, or the mother is hiding something.

I really hope I'm wrong and just being overly pessimistic, and that he did wander off and is found safe and sound and in one piece.

None of the articles I've read said she went to get gas. They say she left to call for help. She did. Friend came. Once Sky was discovered missing, I'm pretty sure whatever plan they had for getting gas went out the window.

I also don't find the photo odd. Maybe it was taken earlier the same day? I have pictures of my kids taken at different times where they have an outfit on that they wore before. They only had one or two jackets so naturally they have a lot of pics that end up looking similar. Kids wear clothes more than one time and have no phobia about being seen in public in the same outfit twice.

I think somethings fishy here about mom's story but none of it has to do with the gas cans or photos. Because of the previous charges, she was well aware of the law regarding leaving kids in the car and yet she says she did. Like most everyone, I can't imagine leaving a kid in the car (locked or unlocked) in this situation. Topped off with taking the other child, it does not make sense.

There's a teensy possibility that things are as she said and someone took Sky. I highly doubt it, though. If it is true, she still deserves to get raked over the coals for being beyond stupid.

No matter what happened, she obviously flunked those parenting classes.

"his mother says she left him in an unlocked car that had run out of gas."

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/244...-missing-parents-previous-record-reckless.htm

"police she ran out of gas, and left her son strapped into a car seat while she and her four-year-old daughter walked to a Chevron station a mile away. He was reportedly unattended for an hour."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bellevue-w...g-mom-leaves-car-unattended/story?id=14896605

"she had run out of gas on busy 112th Ave."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/07/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-2-year-old-washington-boy/

"The child's mother told police that she had run out of gas "

Yes, she did go for gas. Or at least, she says she did. Just to clarify, here. Absense of a gas can is reason enough to believe she was lying, I'd say that is definitely fishy.

The only pics I could see were pics of her daughter. Does that mean her other pics are private, or that she doesn't take many of her son?

"his mother says she left him in an unlocked car that had run out of gas."

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/244...-missing-parents-previous-record-reckless.htm

"police she ran out of gas, and left her son strapped into a car seat while she and her four-year-old daughter walked to a Chevron station a mile away. He was reportedly unattended for an hour."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bellevue-w...g-mom-leaves-car-unattended/story?id=14896605

"she had run out of gas on busy 112th Ave."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/07/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-2-year-old-washington-boy/

"The child's mother told police that she had run out of gas "

Yes, she did go for gas. Or at least, she says she did. Just to clarify, here. Absense of a gas can is reason enough to believe she was lying, I'd say that is definitely fishy.
Not one of those you linked says she went for gas. Just because the car ran out of gas does not mean she went for gas.

Bellevue Police are searching for a 2-year-old boy who went missing Sunday when his mother left the car to get help after the vehicle ran out of gas.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/07/1895790/bellevue-police-seek-missing-boy.html

Authorities in Washington state are searching for a 2-year-old boy who vanished after his mother says her car ran out of gas and she left him in the vehicle while she went for help.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eaves-unlocked-car-breakdown-article-1.973634

The North Towne Chevron, a little less than a mile from the scene, said the woman called a friend from the gas station to come get her.

The search began after Bellevue police responded at 9:50 a.m. to a call from a woman who said she had run out of gas and left the child, Sky Metalwala, buckled into a car seat while she and her 4-year-old walked about a mile to a Chevron gas station.

There, police said, the mother called a friend. The mother told police the friend picked her up as she was walking back to her 4-door silver Acura, but when they reached the car, the boy was no longer there.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016707302_missingchild07m.html

What help would one need to call a friend for getting gas? Carrying the can? Help putting the gas in a tank?

I know very few people that drive around with gas cans in their trunk. I would call someone to bring me one (or take me home to get one) before I would pay the price they want for those things in a convenience store. Many stations don't even loan them out anymore because folks steal them.

The only pics I could see were pics of her daughter. Does that mean her other pics are private, or that she doesn't take many of her son?
That is weird but all the pictures are almost 2 years old. She either stopped taking pictures of EITHER kid for the past couple years or those are old albums that don't have the privacy set on them.

Solved. Thanks HB. She just changed where she stores her pics.

Is it just me, or is it a little inappropriate to have your little girl in a public pool with only the bottoms of a bathing suit? And why is the little girl practically naked, and Sky is fully dressed?

On a side note, it seems as though the daughter is the center of mom's universe, and Sky is just a kid she had. I may be reading too much into these pictures, but that's what I see. And maybe that's why she took her daughter and not Sky when she left the car.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is it a little inappropriate to have your little girl in a public pool with only the bottoms of a bathing suit?
I probably wouldn't do it but I wouldn't be putting my kids in that white water hot tub either. (Eeeewww!) It looks to be a hotel pool with very few other people around. If my kid was putting up a stink about wearing the top (for whatever reason kids do that) or if it accidentally didn't get packed and the kid was adamant about going swimming, I MAY consider it for a 3-4 year old.

None of the articles I've read said she went to get gas. They say she left to call for help

DV, you are naughty. :wink2: I didn't say that she had gone for gas, I posted what I had read in a couple of articles (about no gas can) and then, in reply to your comment, I said:Maybe she has told them at some point that she had gone for gas, and that's why they find it suspicious?

Pure speculation, of course, but a possible reason for the gas can thing to be throwing suspicion on her story. On the other hand it could be a rumour, or press practising licentia poetica

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellevue/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

Police said this morning that there are many unanswered questions regarding the boy's disappearance.

Police say last night they obtained consent to search the mother's vehicle and her apartment in Redmond. The search continued this morning in the area surrounding her apartment.

Crime scene tape was seen on a door leading to a trash area next to her apartment.

Search for missing boy shifts to mother's Redmond home

Police say last night they obtained consent to search the mother's vehicle and her apartment in Redmond. The search continued this morning in the area surrounding her apartment.

Crime scene tape was seen on a door leading to a trash area next to her apartment.

A spokesman for the boy's father said the parents are going through a divorce and the father hasn't had any contact with the children since January. Police said he is cooperating fully with the investigation.

According to court records, both parents were cited in December 2009 for leaving a child unattended. An attorney said back then, the child was left in the car for a shorter period than Sunday's case, but a passerby in the parking lot spotted the child and called police.

Court records said among other stipulations, both parents were required to complete parenting courses.

Bellevue police would not comment on whether the parents' background was pertinent to this case, but said they are keeping all scenarios on the table.

"Right now we don't know, we can only go off what the mother told us," said Lafrate. "But we're going to search beyond that, and since we can't find the child right here in this area, we're going to be asking other questions."
http://www.king5.com/news/cities/bellevue/Two-year-old-boy-misisng-in-Bellevue-133327908.html

Is it just me, or is it a little inappropriate to have your little girl in a public pool with only the bottoms of a bathing suit? And why is the little girl practically naked, and Sky is fully dressed?

That doesn't raise any flags with me. I see this all the time at the beach or pools and it doesn't cause me any concern. There isn't any difference between a girls chest at that age and a boys.

Investigators said the child's mother told them she ran out of gas and took her 4-year-old with her to go get help while leaving the 2-year-old in the car. About an hour later she returned to the vehicle and the baby was gone, she said.

Who does that??

Well, I guess it is just me. I am too afraid of pedophiles...

But another thing that has me wondering about the pool thing is that Sky is fully dressed, does anyone else think he may have bruises and that's why he is covered?

I know I am being a bit judgmental, but something isn't right here.

Latest posts

Back