• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Thankyou. It would just go on and on anyway....lol. as you can see....i'm not loved around these parts. I have some disabilites and come off the wrong way a lot due to the fact i can't word myself for shit. . It pisses me off because i find myself writing backwards a lot.

I'm not pointing out anything to you. It's REALLY not that hard to see how most of you gang up on some of the peoples family members here and speculate, gossip, call them names, etc.... WITHOUT knowing FACTS. Wow, go figure. God forgive me for doing it.
Don't fucking lie about us ganging up on victim’s family members, I have yet to see a victim’s family member get bashed.

At the risk of continuing to beat a dead horse, if you're having trouble with other members then maybe you should stop trying to bait them. Seriously, we're a strange mixed bag of personalities and on any given day someone(s) is having a bad day for whatever reason and feeling can get hurt. It's really best to back of those people for a bit until tempers cool. Listen @China and I got into it on one thread, I was on edge for something unrelated to DD and was going to take anything that anyone said to me personally but we are both on here today. Do we still disagree on things? Yep, all part of being humans and adults. Fuck, I've even exchanged words with @Whisper, lasted a messgae or 3 then we moved on.

I think we can all agree that we love it here and understand that people have bad days and say things that are worded wrong or even simply taken wrong but ffs stop baiting the people YOU know you're having trouble with just to start MORE shit.

I'm confused. Why is anyone defending this Lurch dude? He has a history of sexual assault. Why is it so difficult to understand who is wrong in this scenario no matter the circumstances of HOW she met him?

Anyway, moving on.

At the risk of continuing to beat a dead horse, if you're having trouble with other members then maybe you should stop trying to bait them. Seriously, we're a strange mixed bag of personalities and on any given day someone(s) is having a bad day for whatever reason and feeling can get hurt. It's really best to back of those people for a bit until tempers cool. Listen @China and I got into it on one thread, I was on edge for something unrelated to DD and was going to take anything that anyone said to me personally but we are both on here today. Do we still disagree on things? Yep, all part of being humans and adults. Fuck, I've even exchanged words with @Whisper, lasted a messgae or 3 then we moved on.

I think we can all agree that we love it here and understand that people have bad days and say things that are worded wrong or even simply taken wrong but ffs stop baiting the people YOU know you're having trouble with just to start MORE shit.
You're awesome

Thankyou. It would just go on and on anyway....lol. as you can see....i'm not loved around these parts. I have some disabilites and come off the wrong way a lot due to the fact i can't word myself for shit. . It pisses me off because i find myself writing backwards a lot.

I just find it adorable that you're victimizing yourself in a thread because people disagree with you for saying this girl isn't a victim.

Earlier today, Kibby’s neighbors in Gorham, N.H., described him as a loner who loves guns and as someone with a strong dislike of government.
[...]
...relatives warned them that Kibby had a reputation for being odd.
“He doesn’t like the government,” she said. “He liked guns.”
She said she was not close with Kibby but knew that he often talked about weapons and his disdain for the government.

This sounds like half the members on here. :rolleyes: I am so glad they went into a bit more detail about his creepiness (including attacks on girls decades ago), or I might have doubted he was such a terrible person.

Seriously, we're a strange mixed bag of personalities and on any given day someone(s) is having a bad day for whatever reason and feeling can get hurt.
I think this is a really good point. I've caught myself being extra bitchy and sensitive, especially lately, because of depression and worsening chronic pain. Not just here, everywhere. I just hurt and so I lash out. But while I might get into it with someone over stupid shit, I am still making a conscious effort not to drag it into every single thread where I see them.

This sounds like half the members on here. :rolleyes: I am so glad they went into a bit more detail about his creepiness (including attacks on girls decades ago), or I might have doubted he was such a terrible person.
Right? If the pro-gun, the-government-is-out-to-get-me thing was reason enough, my dad would have been arrested years ago. :p

I think this is a really good point. I've caught myself being extra bitchy and sensitive, especially lately, because of depression and worsening chronic pain. Not just here, everywhere. I just hurt and so I lash out. But while I might get into it with someone over stupid shit, I am still making a conscious effort not to drag it into every single thread where I see them.
I also think that we are a site full of folks with very strong personalities and opinions, and while I can only speak for myself here, I tend to think that regardless I'm right, if I said it then it must be right and I'm probably not alone on that thought, so sometimes my first reaction is to get my poor, little sensitive feeling hurt when someone wants to point out a different opinion. But in the same breath, that's one of the things I love here is seeing all the different opinions, it makes me think of things in ways I hadn't before.

It doesn't matter if she ripped all her clothes off and shrieked "PLEASE, FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER, HAVE SEX WITH ME." If he took her up on it, he is still a rapist, because she was fourteen fucking years old.
Underage is underage, and according to the law, even if it is consensual, if you're overage and have sex with someone underage, it's illegal. Doesn't fucking matter if she was promiscuous, or asked for it, or the person who did it had just turned 18... Hell, if the person who did it was seventeen, they would still be charged with rape because THE GIRL IS FUCKING FOURTEEN, and in almost every state, that's a FELONY. If what was stated earlier about Abigail being locked in a cage for nine months is indeed true, she was for sure victimized and this guy should not only have rape charges, but multiple other felonies because he's a sick fuck.

Underage is underage, and according to the law, even if it is consensual, if you're overage and have sex with someone underage, it's illegal. Doesn't fucking matter if she was promiscuous, or asked for it, or the person who did it had just turned 18... Hell, if the person who did it was seventeen, they would still be charged with rape because THE GIRL IS FUCKING FOURTEEN, and in almost every state, that's a FELONY. If what was stated earlier about Abigail being locked in a cage for nine months is indeed true, she was for sure victimized and this guy should not only have rape charges, but multiple other felonies because he's a sick fuck.

When I was 14 I acted like a little hot shit who knew everything. I thank my lucky fucking stars nothing horrible happened to me, because I got myself in some pretty scary situations in hindsight.

So, even if she was "consensual" or aware that she was going away with this guy, she very likely didn't understand what she was getting herself into.

Mrs Hernandez also described the moment her daughter returned home last week, wearing the same clothes as the day she went missing in October 2013.

'We just stood and looked at each other and then we hugged and I just said, "Thank god you're home, thank god you're home."'
Read more:

The interview with Abby's mom just tugged at my heart!

As the mother of a 14 yo, I worry everytime she goes out the door, will she be ok?!
She is such a great kid, smart & trustworthy. I want her to have some independence- but not too much.
I can look at her some days and see a mature young woman, other days I wonder how she managed to tie her shoes!
At 14 years old she is too naive to realize that she is naive!

So whether Abby went with this 34 yo man on her own or by force isn't really an issue for me.
Either way, she was only 14, he was 34. This was a crime, she is a victim, he is a predator.
Thank God she's home!

When I was 14 I acted like a little hot shit who knew everything. I thank my lucky fucking stars nothing horrible happened to me, because I got myself in some pretty scary situations in hindsight.

So, even if she was "consensual" or aware that she was going away with this guy, she very likely didn't understand what she was getting herself into.
Since the brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, and the area of the brain that affects judgment is extremely immature until the late teens, she definitely did not understand what she was getting into from a developmental standpoint.

When I was fourteen, I had an older boyfriend, and I thought I was really badass for being with someone older. I also thought when you had a boyfriend you had to be completely submissive... I did not fully understand the concept of consent, and it ended up getting me sexually abused and battered so badly that years of therapy did little to fix it.

I don't really think Abby knew what was going to happen, and the societal norms of certain situations (ex. running away with someone much older) were probably incomprehensible in her fourteen year old brain. I would not doubt that Abby had some of the same issues as I did when it came to comprehending her situation.

Since the brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, and the area of the brain that affects judgment is extremely immature until the late teens, she definitely did not understand what she was getting into from a developmental standpoint.

When I was fourteen, I had an older boyfriend, and I thought I was really badass for being with someone older. I also thought when you had a boyfriend you had to be completely submissive... I did not fully understand the concept of consent, and it ended up getting me sexually abused and battered so badly that years of therapy did little to fix it.

I don't really think Abby knew what was going to happen, and the societal norms of certain situations (ex. running away with someone much older) were probably incomprehensible in her fourteen year old brain. I would not doubt that Abby had some of the same issues as I did when it came to comprehending her situation.

Thanks for sharing. :hugs:

So what I'm hearing is that I still have an excuse to be an idiot for a few more months.

Yep, looks like you lucked out :) Enjoy it... haha

Off topic question to you guys...

I usually lurk and not post, so that is why I am asking this... When people "like" or "thank" on a post someone else makes they sometimes leave things like "awesome response" or "funny" and I can't figure out how to do that. Anyone mind explaining it to me?

When people "like" or "thank" on a post someone else makes they sometimes leave things like "awesome response" or "funny" and I can't figure out how to do that. Anyone mind explaining it to me?

People who donate to the site get to be Bold (see names under avatars) and with that comes the privilege of a couple of extra options for reacting to posts and also a special Bold users only-page.

I usually lurk and not post, so that is why I am asking this... When people "like" or "thank" on a post someone else makes they sometimes leave things like "awesome response" or "funny" and I can't figure out how to do that. Anyone mind explaining it to me?

You need to be a bold member to have the fancy responses. Something I've been meaning to do for ages!!

I didn't even know that was possible.... And I AM bold...

NVM - I'm a fucking idiot, she meant the buttons, not actual typed remarks... got it.

Nah... you are not an idiot. I didn't do a very good job of explaining myself.

Thanks to everyone who replied, sorry to take the discussion off-topic.

Edited to add: I should have been able to put that together on my own. Haha, I didn't think about the bold members thing.

Last edited:
“He doesn’t like the government,” she said. “He liked guns.”
She said she was not close with Kibby but knew that he often talked about weapons and his disdain for the government.

This is in my state and we have a *big* contingency of Libertarian offshoots that call their "project" (taking over NH) "The Free State Project".

It doesn't surprise me at all that's he spouting their BS, a lot of the male members "take issue" with the idea of statutory rape, or even having a legal age of consent (yes, I know, wtf?!?!).

Back