• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
WHAT sets these guys off to do this and it always seems that it is these creeps that never get caught and we're left wondering whatever happened, hope this case don't end up like that.

Killers get caught all the time every day ... so many threads everyday.

took crime classes (with police officers!) and a class in forensics

Kseniya, I respect your opinions and your right to hold such opinions, but classes mean nothing if you didn't learn any objectivity with your lessons, you cannot obsess over it, because then you'll not see any other evidence that doesn't fit your agenda.

The guy in the picture could be anywhere between 35 and 60, I see my son in his stocky appearance and the type of clothes he's wearing. (my son is 37 and lives in Georgia, so not a suspect.)

The thing is unless you were there and are involved as the perpetrator or as the police investigators, you can't know and neither can any of the rest of us, so CHILL OUT!

I think they should still be broadcasting this case on the news, even a flash of their pics the suspects and contact phone number in order to keep the story out there and people still seeing the suspects pic, the television is the best place to show it. So few people stay abreast of stories like this on the Internet or even on Twitter only has #delphigirls

wearing what an OLDER MAN would wear, wearing possibly thrift store clothing.

Why do you keep suggesting thrift store clothing ?
[doublepost=1489545775,1489545589][/doublepost]
and if your going by the clothing to determine age,

I'm not going by clothing to determine age ... clothing is one of many factors to consider.
[doublepost=1489546213][/doublepost]
So few people stay abreast of stories like this on the Internet or even on Twitter only has #delphigirls

Over $200,000 reward.
I'm not sure that this reward amount will make a difference to a tipster coming forward.
Does it sound crazy that I think someone will hold back on account that they might
think the assumption that loyalty can't be bought insulting.

I don't "keep suggesting" that was the ONLY mention I made of "thrift store clothing" was ONE TIME and one time only. Blue jeans are something all men wear of all ages, even old, so HOW does a pair of blue jeans reveal a person to be middle age? One way, besides the "style" and cut of jean would be if they came from a thrift store, but not necessarily.

to say WHO specifically is attacking me and who isn't,

No one is attacking you ... if you tell yourself this is a skinny guy I'm pretty sure that you'll hurt yourself.
[doublepost=1489546600,1489546531][/doublepost]
One way, besides the "style" and cut of jean would be if they came from a thrift store, but not necessarily.

What ... those jeans look so old man basic it isn't even funny.
[doublepost=1489546808][/doublepost]
I didn't notice this till you said it!

You would have to be will fully blind not to see this man is wearing the basic older man in the woods get up. Seriously all this time you never noticed? Like you never noticed the first day when the POLICE had their press Conference ????
[doublepost=1489547113][/doublepost]
-Oh nevermind, looks like it was probably a mistake in posting so it was construed wrong.

I never construed anything wrong, It looks like you're mad about something in the media. Like its personal for you and who knows maybe it is. But all that has been in the media is what the police released. A suspect photo and clip of his voice.
[doublepost=1489547591][/doublepost]So what if they came from a thrift store ... i still dont get your point about that? I don't think it matters where his jeans came from.

Kseniya, I respect your opinions and your right to hold such opinions, but classes mean nothing if you didn't learn any objectivity with your lessons, you cannot obsess over it, because then you'll not see any other evidence that doesn't fit your agenda.
The guy in the picture could be anywhere between 35 and 60, I see my son in his stocky appearance and the type of clothes he's wearing. (my son is 37 and lives in Georgia, so not a suspect.)
The thing is unless you were there and are involved as the perpetrator or as the police investigators, you can't know and neither can any of the rest of us, so CHILL OUT!
Oh for sure! But don't think for a minute that Observation AND "Critical Thinking" were left out of the this "well rounded" University program and thank you for respecting my opinion as I do yours because it is when we look at each other's with an open mind we open doors and not close them. I think you all are not realizing that I am at times "concentrating" (focusing) on a certain element of the case. What the suspect wore, or his age for example. We could move on next for that matter to the question of whether it looks like he has something "hidden in his hoodie," and what this or these things could possibly be. FBI agent said it does look like he has weapon(s) as there appears to be a bulge in the right side of the hoodie. I see ALL the evidence, that I am aware of, and I take it piece by piece and bit by bit. It appears this way of looking at evidence is confussing to some people. If you don't look at it piece by piece you might miss something. It's like a puzzle, you have to try and fit the pieces together. The suspect, his clothing, to his pants, his hoodie, and the details of these are the "picking" apart. Picking apart what type of clothing "old man clothing," anything significant about the hoodie? There's a bulge in the left side, etc. I have a son only a year older than him and he's stocky build, 5'11 but my dad was same stocky build as him but only 5'9" my first husband was short, 5'7" approx 165-`170 lbs. So I'm trying to fit this guy into these ranges as I see his pic. My husband is also age 50 and 5'11 and a BIG guy, (not fat) and really strong and this guy doesn't fit his build at all.
[doublepost=1489547765,1489547651][/doublepost]
No one is attacking you ... if you tell yourself this is a skinny guy I'm pretty sure that you'll hurt yourself.
???? If I tell myself this is a SKINNY guy this will hurt myself???? HOW? Cause no one agrees with this?

[doublepost=1489545775,1489545589][/doublepost]

I'm not going by clothing to determine age ... clothing is one of many factors to consider.
[doublepost=1489546213][/doublepost]

Over $200,000 reward.
I'm not sure that this reward amount will make a difference to a tipster coming forward.
Does it sound crazy that I think someone will hold back on account that they might
think the assumption that loyalty can't be bought insulting.
I have to admit I "didn't get" this at all; "that they might think the assumption that loyalty can't be bought insulting"
But as much money as that is, if I got the reward money I would not keep it, seriously! I would have to give it to the girls families because they lost sooo much! And $200,000 that's only $100,000 each family is nothing for the compensation of the lives of those two little girls they lost, nope, there'd be no way I could keep it and live with myself!

husband is also age 50 and 5'11 and a BIG guy, (not fat) and really strong and this guy doesn't fit his build at all.
[doublepost=1489548556,1489548295][/doublepost]
I have to admit I "didn't get" this at all; "that they might think the assumption that loyalty can't be bought insulting"

Why not ... I'm supposing that some people would be insulted about the assumption that their loyalty could be bought, they do exist!

Wow do you guys realize that today is March 14th and it has only been one month since the girls were discovered on Valentines Day? Feels like a lot longer than that! Hey anyone answer this for me I have been wondering this so many times, IF Liberty was able to take a pic of the suspect and record his voice, why was she unable to reach in her coat pocket and "secretly" dial 911??? Then too, I also feel that if she took the pic of him because she felt uncomfortable with him on the bridge, as he approached, why didn't she call 911 then?

[doublepost=1489546600,1489546531][/doublepost]

What ... those jeans look so old man basic it isn't even funny.
[doublepost=1489546808][/doublepost]

You would have to be will fully blind not to see this man is wearing the basic older man in the woods get up. Seriously all this time you never noticed? Like you never noticed the first day when the POLICE had their press Conference ????
[doublepost=1489547113][/doublepost]

I never construed anything wrong, It looks like you're mad about something in the media. Like its personal for you and who knows maybe it is. But all that has been in the media is what the police released. A suspect photo and clip of his voice.
[doublepost=1489547591][/doublepost]So what if they came from a thrift store ... I still dont get your point about that? I don't think it matters where his jeans came from.
Guess it's cause I'm not familiar with what Old Men In The Country wear LoL Or what men in the country wear in general, I'm a city girl - -Jeans, hoodie and baseball type cap. I did pick up on that one news video where the property owner dressed like this as well and he was a much older man

That is a good question? Why didn't she call 911?
but the bigger question is where is this guy that she needed to and perhaps should have called 911 on at all. Murder ... double murder is the far bigger crime.
I think its because she didn't have a chance though ... Who calls 911 over a guy passing them on the bridge. Would she even know she needed to call 911 until it was too late.
[doublepost=1489549145,1489549106][/doublepost]
Guess it's cause I'm not familiar with what Old Men In The Country wear LoL

Um okay !

Guess it's cause I'm not familiar with what Old Men In The Country wear LoL Or what men in the country wear in general, I'm a city girl - -Jeans, hoodie and baseball type cap. I did pick up on that one news video where the property owner dressed like this as well and he was a much older man
Poor people in the country wear whst ever clothes they can get.

Who calls 911 over a guy passing them on the bridge. Would she even know she needed to call 911 until it was too late.
That is exactly what I was wondering Lithiumgirl. You said "would she even know she needed to call 911"- -until it was too late. But something made her take not one but two pics of him, he must have made her uncomfortable and I'm wondering if her intution was sending sirens off Like going DANGER DANGER DANGER, you know, that "feeling" you get when something isn't right. I think that is WHY she took the pic of him. Sometimes we don't act on our intution (GUT INSTINCT) and I think her gut instict was telling her something but maybe like you said, call 911 and tell them "what?" a man's walking toward me on the bridge??? In all reality she could have though, but was just too young to know or just to young to think to say "there's a man on the bridge and I fear we are in danger" and they would have sent the cops.
Any ideas why she didn't try to use her cell phone as he walked them??? Couldn't she have hit the right buttons with it in her pocket without looking???

I know one thing for sure, the guy is as dumb as a door knob.If he had any smarts at all, he would have taken the phone and tossed it in the river.
So there is the best lead there is. LE needs to look for someone stupid.

Guess it's cause I'm not familiar with what Old Men In The Country wear LoL

Of course you are ... we're all are familiar with what an old man in the country get up is ...a four year old would know the difference between someone dressed for a hike and someone dressed for the beach. So the expectation from here is that you do too!
[doublepost=1489550004,1489549922][/doublepost]
Couldn't she have hit the right buttons with it in her pocket without looking???

Maybe he took it away from her.

Of course you are ... we're all are familiar with what an old man in the country get up is ...a four year old would know the difference between someone dressed for a hike and someone dressed for the beach. So the expectation from here is that you do too!
people where I live don't dress like the suspect, I don't know anybody does!
[doublepost=1489550284,1489550020][/doublepost]
people where I live don't dress like the , I don't know anybody does!
I never go for "hikes" or to the country or small towns, dressed for the beach is same as swimming pool attire. None of my neighbors dress like that. Maybe the lawn care people.

Maybe he took it away from her.
But the cops ended up with it, and that's another good question, all during the time he was doing "whatever" - -he didn't find it or even think they could possibly have a cell phone??? I just can't help thinking "what could they have done"

So you are aware of the differences then because you can make the distinction.
[doublepost=1489550731,1489550556][/doublepost]
I just can't help thinking "what could they have done"

Nothing ...a big strong man subdued them and then murdered them.

Its not their fault ... its the murderers.

That is what is so sick about this crime ... all the kids that go looking for trouble and find it and then these girls ... out hiking doing wholesome day off school (which they both loved) things. Taking pictures ... enjoying nature and then this poison.

[doublepost=1489550284,1489550020][/doublepost]
I never go for "hikes" or to the country or small towns, dressed for the beach is same as swimming pool attire. None of my neighbors dress like that. Maybe the lawn care people.
A four year old knows the difference between a hiker, and old man, a young man and someone dressed for the beach ... or skiing or a skate boarder, and you do too !
Hey thanks a heap for keeping me occupied here :) I have felt like caca doo doo all day long, either cold or allergies BAD! Urghhh! But you helped me "whether" it out and kill the time till now that it's time for me to take my medicine and go to bed, and hopefully I'll get some rest but thanks again, ever sooo much! Nite

Where I live, in Georgia, you'll find about 90% of the men over 35/40 dress like that. To me it's typical man fashion. From a distance this guy could be both of my sons, my stepfather, any guy going to the store, he just looks like everyman, no distinction to say he's anybody special.

@cubby I'm glad you said that! I'm in Tennessee, and that picture was exactly that: Everyman. It's the generic of pretty much the entire male population over 35. And apart from the clothes, there's not too much to go on.

I mean he doesn't seem to have any features that stood out (like a huge hawk-nose or a really long face.)

And a lot of the homeless around here tend to wear a lot of clothes at once (sometimes they wear all they've got.) And I don't think this guy's overdressed for a high 40's sunny day, again depending on where you are, maybe it's the norm.

Hoping LE has a lot more than they're letting on, because despite their best efforts (and the efforts of the girls) this is beginning to feel like a cold case in the making. The families must be going through hell as that becomes a possibility. Ugh.

Forgive me if I am repeating something. I do skip a bunch of posts in this thread because of the poor grammar makes some very difficult to read and work out the intention behind them.

To reply to comments about why the girls did not call 911, I think it's because they are like many people in ignoring their instincts when they start nagging at them. Instinct apparently surfaced if what I have read about the recordings and attention the girls gave this man is correct and not just amateur analysis. However, many people are conditioned that today's age is safe and secure, and that it's "rude" to outright follow instinct to the degree that we MAY potentially show rudeness to people who don't deserve it.

I bring this book up periodically but still highly recommend EVERYONE read it, especially women. The Gift of Fear explores the way that we are wired to sense some dangers and that we have reconditioned ourselves that it's just mean and rude if we attempt to ignore overtures that are deadly. Especially women, and the ways that we convince ourselves that we are equal to men in brute physical strength. It is not anti feminism to face the fact that on average, a woman will be weaker than a man. Yes, there are cases that are not this way, but as someone who has been hurt by others before, I now follow a personal safety rule of never allowing myself to get close enough to grappling or wrestling with any man, if possible. Just because a man looks smaller does not mean he's weaker. I'm a fairly large framed person, at 5' 8" and 150 pounds. I've been told often I'm "strong for a girl" though I'm sure that age is now making me weaker than I used to be. Still, I've been hurt by men who are tiny in comparison.

Just a comment about how the girls may have likely taken the photos and video out of real suspicion, but that does not mean that they'd have reported their fears. More likely, they were actively talking up the fears in a way to make it exciting and fun pretend, but would have made it into an intentional game. My daughter at this age once contrived a whole story with her friend that one of our neighbors was a murderer, AND was possessed by a ghost of one of his victims. They'd stalk out at a window to plot and fill in their story. lol It was all nonsense, but I can see a real niggling instinct catching these girls about this guy and therefore the photos and video, but no 911 calls.

***Edited to add that the window that Darling Daughter and friend "stalked out" was in our home and viewing the front of the neighbor's house. I would have never let them sneak into anyone's yard and peer through actual windows owned by others.... lol

Last edited:
And they could have taken his picture simply because he was there. Maybe one of them was an aspiring photog and wanted to take a picture of a man against a forest backdrop or lone man standing on the railway bridge, who knows. Or they could have been scared, it's hard to tell unless there is more to a recording or a video.

I used to think I was a fancy artsy fartsy photographer with my little instamatic camera, taking picture of trees and silhouettes and stuff. I am not a photographer, in the least.

Not to take away from Abigail/Libby here but CRAZY story out in my neck of the woods happened today early this a.m., began with a house fire and 6 children running to the nearby Walmart calling 911 reporting a person in the house, and a deceased woman's body pulled from a lake with a baby found alive in the passanger seat (is in stable condition) and expected to live but was found "floating" in the SUV! It is believed the two incidents are connected; abuse, divorce see link if interested:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_f87ce8cc-aebc-5026-8ded-4ecde9b0bb9e.html

Back