• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

FrayedKnot

Chupacabra
PERRIS, Calif. (KABC) --
Thirteen victims, ranging in age from 2 to 29 years old, were kept shackled to their beds amid foul surroundings in a Perris home by their parents, sheriff's officials said.

Early Sunday morning, a 17-year-old girl escaped from the residence, located in the 100 Block of Muir Woods Road and called 911 from a cellular device she managed to take from the home, investigators said.

That teen told the 911 operator that she and her 12 siblings were being held captive in their home by their parents.

When investigators from the Perris Police Department and the Riverside County Sheriff's Department met with the girl, they said she looked emaciated and only 10 years old, though she was 17.

After interviewing the girl, investigators contacted her parents, 57-year old David Allen Turpin and 49-year old Louise Anna Turpin at the home from which the teen escaped.

Further investigation revealed several children shackled to their beds with chains and padlocks in dark and foul-smelling surroundings. However, the parents were not able to immediately provide a reason why their children were restrained in that manner.

http://abc7.com/13-victims-ages-2-t...perris-home-by-parents-officials-say/2948420/
[doublepost=1516056328,1516056243][/doublepost]Adding this from the link:

Bail was set at $9 million each.

Shades of the Duggars!

If those are the children in the wedding pictures, then there are 10 girls and 3 boys. I can't imagine chaining kids to bed and keeping them in their filthy rooms 24-7. Just why would you do that?

And yeah that gazing adoringly into each others eyes, sickening. Especially when they already have 13 cildren they're not looking after.
[doublepost=1516059639,1516059470][/doublepost]
2948783_800x450.jpg

mom looks loony tunes to say the least.

Cripes they look like they stink.
For once I am at a total loss on how to properly deal with these two in a sufficient wayy to dispense justice.
Nothing seems remotely adequate.
Nothing...hmm

Maybe thats the answer.
Chain them to a wall in shackles and do nothing with them.
Do it in a deep dank hole so they can't touch.
Blare loud noises in and drive them mad.
Drop in the odd food scraps.
Otherwise give them,
nothing.

Jeez...it appears the kids were well taken care of before step mom came into the picture in pics of wedding dated 2016. Kids all look happy and appear healthy and well fed. She must have got tired of cleaning up after them. I have to wonder if the 2 yr old is a child or grandchild of theirs. They are twisted and evil and I'm glad their bond is 9 million. Feed them to the wolves.

Jeez...it appears the kids were well taken care of before step mom came into the picture in pics of wedding dated 2016. Kids all look happy and appear healthy and well fed. She must have got tired of cleaning up after them. I have to wonder if the 2 yr old is a child or grandchild of theirs. They are twisted and evil and I'm glad their bond is 9 million. Feed them to the wolves.

Thanks for fleshing this out. I had to go make dinner. I had no idea she was the stepmom. Figures.

13592845_1093464570723851_32771009285486848_n.jpg

Not a single one of those kids look to be over the age of about 15.

This has to be the most fuck-up family I've ever heard of.

Cripes they look like they stink.
For once I am at a total loss on how to properly deal with these two in a sufficient wayy to dispense justice.
Nothing seems remotely adequate.
Nothing...hmm

Maybe thats the answer.
Chain them to a wall in shackles and do nothing with them.
Do it in a deep dank hole so they can't touch.
Blare loud noises in and drive them mad.
Drop in the odd food scraps.
Otherwise give them,
nothing.
The French call that an oubliette: a hole that you drop people into & forget about them.

A post on that facebook page, dated Sep 13, 2013 shows the wedding party with all the kids.

A couple of comments:
Brenda Taylor I watched your wedding video. It was great. Your children are so well behaved. I am so proud of you Louise and David. You have a great family.
Hilda Harris congratulation on renewing your vows.

This may not be a step-mom.

2010 picture with mom-dad-12 kids. Message says "we'll have a new one in 9 months"

13592845_1093464570723851_32771009285486848_n.jpg

This has to be the most fuck-up family I've ever heard of.

Jesus Fucking Creebie.

How does this shit happen? That picture is a fucking omen of the fuckery within.

Stupid fundie asshats.

I read the 17 year old who escaped was thought to be 10 years old.
That's constant starvation.

I wonder which one ran away ... ?

Probably the one who isn't quite smiling.
[doublepost=1516065691,1516065485][/doublepost]
This may not be a step-mom.

I wonder what happened ... because they seem like a normal (but large) family in most of their photos ... like the way the the parents looks at each other in some of the photos is over the top, with the gazing but its their Elvis wedding day. I wonder what changed ?

JFC what did I just see.

The photo where the kids are all dressed as Dr. Seuss "Things", they all look so skinny and sallow.

elvis.jpg

David Allen Turpin and Louise Anna Turpin, a California engineer and his homemaker wife, are accused of shackling some of their 13 starving children to beds with chains and padlocks in “dark and foul-smelling surroundings,” an alleged house of horrors that was discovered when one of the teenagers escaped.

Authorities allege that the Perris, California couple, who ran a day school out of their home and were beset with financial problems in recent years, abused and tortured their children, who ranged in age from 2 to 29, according to a press release from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department. The bizarre and troubling allegations were detailed in the release on January 15, 2018 after the 17-year-old escaped and led authorities to the other children. The escaping teenager was so emaciated that authorities thought the teen was only 10-years-old at first, the press release says, describing a real-life tale almost reminiscent of Flowers in the Attic, in which children were kept from the outside world.

David and Louise Turpin are considered a good Christian family in their community,” David Turpins’ parents, who live in West Virginia, told ABC News. The network added that the grandparents can’t understand “any of this” and said the Turpin children were home-schooled.

David Turpin is 57, and his wife Louise Turpin is 49. Records show they run a school at their home, according to The Press-Enterprise. They were confronted by authorities at the home and taken into custody, according to the news release. In 2011, when the couple declared bankruptcy, David Turpin listed his occupation as an engineer for a global security company/defense contractor, and Louise Turpin was listed as a homemaker.

Here’s what you need to know:

1. Authorities Were ‘Shocked’ to Learn That Some of the Children Were Adults & Photos Show The Turpins on Disneyland Trips & With an Elvis Impersonator

The people inside the home were so emaciated that deputies assumed they were all children at first, even though it later turned out one was 29-years-old and others were also adults, the release says. Neighbors expressed shock, with one telling the Press-Enterprise newspaper that he didn’t even realize there were children inside the home.

“Deputies located what they believed to be 12 children inside the house, but were shocked to discover that 7 of them were actually adults, ranging in age from 18 to 29,” according to the release. The 13th child is the one who alerted authorities.

The couple shared a joint Facebook page. Most photos showed them with an infant or together, including renewing their vows with an Elvis impersonator. Several photos showed all of the children, sometimes wearing matching clothing. The children do not look emaciated in the pictures, although all of the photos are at least more than a year old. “Beautiful picture. 12 and one more. I think it is called, ‘The Dirty Dozen,'” a friend wrote under a family picture.

Friends made typical comments on photos as if the family was a loving one. “is okay you guys look like your having just as much fun as the kids,” wrote one friend on a photo of the couple at Disneyland. Another wrote, “I watched your wedding video. It was great. Your children are so well behaved. I am so proud of you Louise and David. You have a great family.”

The Turpins’ cover photo showed the children in matching purple dresses with the smallest child in front. It was posted in July 2016, and the children appear normal in it. There are no new public photos of the family since July 2016. The photos show that nine of the older children are girls.

There are 4 more things to know at the link, way too long to bring here.

Shades of the Duggars!

If those are the children in the wedding pictures, then there are 10 girls and 3 boys. I can't imagine chaining kids to bed and keeping them in their filthy rooms 24-7. Just why would you do that?

And yeah that gazing adoringly into each others eyes, sickening. Especially when they already have 13 cildren they're not looking after.
[doublepost=1516059639,1516059470][/doublepost]
2948783_800x450.jpg

mom looks loony tunes to say the least.
She’d have to be loony tunes to marry/remarry a guy with a Captain Kangaroo haircut.

Last edited:
Back