• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

SimplySpaztastic

The above average, average girl
Bold Member!
20q1do7.jpg

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. – Authorities have identified a registered sex offender as a person of interest in the suspected kidnapping of his 12-year-old stepdaughter in Grand Junction.

An Amber Alert was issued Wednesday after Raeanna Rosencrans , 12, went missing.

Police say Rosencrans was last seen willingly getting into a green “boxy” sedan in the area of D 1/2 Road and Larry’s Meadow Drive at around 3 p.m. after she was dropped off by a school bus. That vehicle was later located in Rifle.

On Thursday, police said their investigation led them to identify Rosencrans’s stepfather, Jody Haskin, 47, as a person of interest in the girl’s disappearance. Haskin does not have any parental rights, police said.

Haskin has an active warrant for his arrest on 12 counts of felony charges related to sexual assault of children stemming from 2006 incidents, according to court records. In addition to the 12 counts, the warrant also carries three sentence enhancers for habitual sex offenses.

The warrant was issued out of Mesa County in February, but court records indicate Haskin was never arrested. The counts include sex assault on a child – pattern of abuse, incest and sex assault on a child by one in a position of trust.

Haskin is described as a white man, about six feet tall and weighing 215 pounds, balding with brown eyes and glasses.

Rosencrans is 5-foot-1, weighs 135 pounds and has blue eyes and light brown/dark blonde hair.

She was last seen wearing black jeans and a black tank top with white highlights around the neck, black Adidas shoes, and a black and white backpack with a southwest design, according to police.

Authorities said it’s not clear how Haskin may be traveling but he’s not believed to be in the Grand Junction area any longer.

Anyone with information on this case should call 911.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...son-of-interest-in-12-year-olds-disappearance

So many WTFs
How could her mother allow a RSO to be around her baby? What the fuck?!

Why the hell wasn't he picked up at some point in the last 12 years?! Don’t blame Mom— blame the cops for not getting this scum off the street.

Why the hell wasn't he picked up at some point in the last 12 years?! Don’t blame Mom— blame the cops for not getting this scum off the street.
I blame the mom for bringing the wolf home.
He's been a rso for 12 years. He's been married to the mom for 12 years. He's only had a warrant since Feb. The whole thing that brings this all together is the mom.

She has been found alive, and appearing unharmed.
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Raeanna Rosencrans, 12, has been found at the Walmart in Rifle, Grand Junction police said in a tweet.

The 12-year-old was found just before 10 p.m. Thursday and is in custody of law enforcement, who said "she appears to be physically unharmed," adding that she was taken to a local hospital to be checked out.

The suspect, Jody Haskin, is still at large and police urge the public to be on the lookout and to call 911 immediately if you see him.

The Amber Alert for the girl has also been canceled.
Updated link:
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...son-of-interest-in-12-year-olds-disappearance

Maybe he spotted a 10 year old that struck his fancy and dumped this one.
Pig needs to be mowed down.
Mom needs her ass behind bars for 10 years for making crap choices.

Update from above link.

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office said Friday morning that Jody Haskin, 47, turned the gun on himself at about 7:30 a.m. as law enforcement closed in. Authorities wouldn't confirm that Haskin died but Rifle Police said they're investigating the death of a man believed to be Haskin. The county coroner will be responsible for identifying the man.

Mom knew full well what type of HABITUAL sex offender she had around her daughter. she is just as responsible.....

Mom knew full well what type of HABITUAL sex offender she had around her daughter. she is just as responsible.....
I totally understand everyone’s anger at Mom, but I’m just wondering how do you know someone is a RSO? If I didn’t have access to the internet how would I find out? Most of us take people at face value— what if he never disclosed and nobody else warned her? It’s shit like this that makes me grateful my kids are almost adults.

I totally understand everyone’s anger at Mom, but I’m just wondering how do you know someone is a RSO? If I didn’t have access to the internet how would I find out? Most of us take people at face value— what if he never disclosed and nobody else warned her? It’s shit like this that makes me grateful my kids are almost adults.

NO.
In this day and age, when everything is easily accessible online.... no fucking excuse. Even 12 yrs ago when they got together. No excuse. She is to blame too. He would never have been around, had mom not brought him around.

It is a parents responsibility to keep their child safe. Trust and believe, I ran my man's background BEFORE he was ever around my son. I have an obligation to my son, to not let anyone hurt him. So damn straight it is my responsibility to check out who I bring into our home. Period.

ETA: I live in CO. I ran the background check through Colorado Bureau Of Investigation.

Last edited:
After 12 years? That would be a HIDING mfka. I'm a mom and I check records on guys I'm interested in. It's not hard to do a google search. ignorance on mom's part (lets just say she DIDN'T know) doesn't excuse the oversight. If that was the case, being lazy caused her baby to be kidnapped.

But I'm willing bet she DID know. So fuck her too

Again, not defending her. After my divorce it was just easier to not allow any boyfriend to move in with me but I was also lucky enough to be able to afford my own place.

There is witness video of him shooting himself as cops surround him.
Rifle, CO - KREX 5 News has obtained video of the moment when kidnapping suspect Jody Haskin shot himself after being confronted by SWAT officers in Rifle on Friday morning.

The video does not show Haskin shooting himself, but you hear the gunshot ring out as police are approaching him and trying to arrest him for the kidnapping of 12-year-old Grand Junction girl Raeanna Rosencrans.

Haskin was found near the same Rifle Wal-Mart where police found Raeanna safe on Thursday night.

She has returned to Grand Junction.

Haskin was accused of taking Raeanna on Tuesday afternoon after she was dropped off from her school bus in a Clifton neighborhood. The vehicle she was seen driving off in was discovered empty in the Rifle Wal-Mart parking lot on Wednesday night. Grand Junction police has issued an arrest warrant on a charge of 2nd Degree Kidnapping.

(Video courtesy Kevin Kuersten)
http://www.westernslopenow.com/news...-kidnapping-suspect-shoots-himself/1146842540

Video at link. You can hear the shot.

Back