• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Amandascott

“I didn’t do it, but I know who did.”

Imagine you are a 20-year-old, uneducated man-child who has spent his entire life in a small, crime-infested community. Your family defines dysfunctional, but you don’t think about that because you don’t know what a functional family looks like. Add to this the fact that you’re a minority in a city where prejudice runs rampant. One day you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time, and suddenly you find yourself arrested and charged with the brutal murder of a young woman. You tell everyone who will listen that you did not kill her. In fact, despite your fear, you provide police with the name of the real killer.

You have confidence in the justice system. They will see that you are not the killer. They will find the real killer and set you free. You believe this up until the moment the state puts you to death for a crime you did not commit.
http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2...nchild-executed-for-murder-he-did-not-commit/

Edited to add link to news site:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/15/carlos-de-luna-execution-_n_1507003.html

Last edited by a moderator:
He was innocent. He was murdered. No justice for the victim, Wanda, and no justice for the victim of our system, Carlos. Nothing they do now will fix this. Sad, just sad.

Dupe or not, this one is new to me. What a horrifying nightmare of errors that really pisses me off. I wonder if the detectives or the real Carlos ever felt remorse for this poor guy. Probably not but that would make them almost human and we can't have none of that. I hope Carlos is at peace now knowing no one else can hurt him. He had so many fails in life from so many people but deserved so much more. I know there have been and still are and will continue to be thousands of people just like him but he's one of the saddest cases.

what a sad story, maybe a stupid statement but i dont think i would ever want to live in texas, i have thought this before, i have heard of other innocent people being put to death, and you never know you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time and bam.

this is so sad. especially because this was Texas' attempt at their opinion of the death penalty before the supreme court reviewed the death penalty to make it illegal. This is why the death penalty should be illegal, precisely an innocent life can never live again. Our judicial system IS CORRUPT AND HAS FAULTS, but nobody has the balls to fix it nor admit their wrongs. Always looking for someone to blame, quick, fast, and in a hurry. Such a sad thing to read this morning. RIP Carlos :'(

Carlos a victim of his mother, father, school system and finally our very own justice system.

:pout:

Latest posts

Back