• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Some parents and students tell Fox 46 Charlotte that racism is an issue at Central Cabarrus High School.

Civil rights activist, John Barnett, shared an example with us on Facebook saying, “two black girls were suspended after a racial slur was made by a white female student [and] after the incident, the girls were punished for sharing it on social media.”

Carmani Harris-Jackson, 15, is one of the students who says she was suspended for sharing the video.
It’s 5 seconds long. The Snapchat video shows a white girl sitting in the backseat of a vehicle. She says, "They're putting laws on who can purchase guns. No N…"

Carmani says the girl who posted the Snapchat video was arguing with her over gun laws and the Parkland shooting.

“I go on Snapchat and watch the girl's story. Her friend repeats exactly what I said and says no n-word. She screams it," said Carmani.

She says the girl who said the n-word is one of her classmates at Central Cabarrus High School.

"I screen recorded it. I sent it to my best friend and she posted it on her Facebook and Twitter and I posted it on my Twitter.

People were outraged, people were sharing it, people were contacting the school saying they need to do something about this."

Carmani says the school told them to take it down. When they deleted the video, Carmani says she and her friend both got a 2-day in-school suspension.

"You punish me for speaking out against what was wrong?"

Carmani's mom, Lawanda Harris, says she is outraged.

"I'm in a state of shock. I'm blow away, I’m outdone, I’m upset. I'm very upset."

Lawanda says she called the school several times to meet the principal.

Lawanda says the school won't tell her what kind of punishment the girl who said the n-word received.

"Honestly I feel like she needs to be expelled. If there's a no tolerance policy, it's no tolerance. Straight like that."

We asked the Cabarrus County Schools to confirm what happened, explain why Carmani and her friend were suspended for sharing the video, and what kind of punishment the girl who said the n-word received.

A spokesperson says she's "unable to comment about specific students or disciplinary action given to specific students due to privacy laws and Cabarrus County Board of Education policies."

Carmani and her mom are working with John Barnett to seek an appointment with the principal of Central Cabarrus High School.
http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/...tion-to-video-of-classmate-saying-racial-slur

That is awful and how stupid is the girl who made the vid? After the Parkland and LV shootings, both done by white males, she really thinks that laws are going to be introduced to prevent black people from having guns?

Racism: It's what morons do.
So much hate filling up these otherwise empty vessels.
Sick of it.

I haven't read or heard what was said by any of these girls so this comment isn't about any of these girls...

I know personally that racism can cut both ways and until people stop judging and/or blaming people by what ethnic box they check, this will never stop. Ignorant shit people come in all colors, genders, sexual orientations and walks of life. Maybe if we ignore these asshats and say we're better then that, the hate spewers will lose their power and die off lonely and sad.

White girl stupid, black girls justifiably outraged & post to social media. They were punished for posting but I gotta say it’s BAD OPTICS.

Has to be more to the story.

Then again, schools are frequently run by idiots.

Def suspect that the school refuses to clarify anything, makes me think the story is as simple as these girls make it out to be.

Very bizarre. They shared a video of another girl saying the N word, and everything including the recording and sharing of said video occurred outside of school. Yet they were suspended? What rule was broken? Very, very ibzarre.

Back