• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ds-From-Victim-of-Lottery-Scam-465752623.html
[....]
police are looking for a man they say scammed a woman for thousands of dollars by gaining her trust over social media and then claiming he could predict winning lottery numbers.

The man, who goes by the fake name Angel Cruz Oliviero on Facebook, uses social media to find his victims, police say. He poses as a legitimate psychic to build trust with potential targets for the scam.

The man promised one woman that he could predict the winning numbers for the lottery. Police caught the man on surveillance video as he brought the woman to a 7-11 store Oct. 25 to buy a Powerball ticket.

The suspect later told the victim that the purchased ticket was a winner -- and said she owed him money to claim it.

The woman wired the man thousands of dollars, police say.

The suspect has a stocky build, stands about 6 feet tall and has a tattoo on the back of his neck, police say.

If you think you have seen the suspect, you can contact Manassas Park police at 703-361-1136.

The moment somebody asks for money, I'm outa there, I wonder, too, why supposedly intelligent folks fall for stupid shit like that. I know I've never met them, cause ain't nobody giving me money.

I sincerely don't understand why law enforcement resources are being wasted on this. What crime did he commit?

Also, could we alter the title so it says something more accurate instead of something really fucking stupid and false. It should say, "Idiots GIVE "psychic" thousands of dollars".

@JackBurton you are a true libertarian. There is no government solution to gullibility. In fact the government feeds on gullibility in its own self interest, so no one should expect reasonable or equitable results.

Back