• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
An abandoned cat that was 'imprisoned' by his own matted fur underwent an incredible transformation after rescuers shaved the animal's coat.

One day in August, a gray cat was abandoned in a carrier at the front door of Douglas County Animal Care & Services shelter in Gardnerville, Nevada. The hair was so matted that the workers at the rescue center couldn't tell what type of animal was in the carrier.

'All we saw was a matted mess,' shelter supervisor Liz Begovich told The Dodo

When peaking inside the carrier, the group first thought it was a dog who was shoved in there.

'We couldn't turn him around because of the way he was shoved in the carrier,' she said. 'So we took the top off and thought, 'Oh my gosh, it's a cat!' I've never seen a cat in that sort of condition.'

Not only was the cat covered in a layer of matted fur, but he was also overweight and unable to move with his heavy coat.

The rescuers took the cat to a veterinarian where he was sedated before getting 4.5 pounds of fur shaved off.

Once the cat, who the rescuers hilariously named Bob Marley, was free of his matted fur, he strutted around with confidence while showing off his gray coat.

But Bob Marley still weighed 22.6 pounds, which is overweight for a cat his size.

Since Bob Marley's astounding transformation, he has been adopted into a home where the rescuers are confident he will get the attention and treatment he deserves.

'This boy has such a loving personality and he is enjoying his ability to move freely again,' the rescue center wrote online when announcing the adoption. 'He will make a wonderful addition to a new home.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...formation-rescuers-shave-4-5LBS-coat-off.html

I'm going to be nice say this kitty once belonged to an older shut in who fed him too much and never saw the need for him to be groomed. I'm thinking the guy who left him at the door was being a good samaritan, maybe Bob's owner died and man was doing what he thought was best. I'm glad Bob got cleaned up and adopted, may he live 10 more happy years.:cat::cat::cat:

I'm going to be nice say this kitty once belonged to an older shut in who fed him too much and never saw the need for him to be groomed. I'm thinking the guy who left him at the door was being a good samaritan, maybe Bob's owner died and man was doing what he thought was best. I'm glad Bob got cleaned up and adopted, may he live 10 more happy years.:cat::cat::cat:

Thought the same thing, The rescue I have adopted from has a lot of family members who do not want to keep the cats after the relative has died.

4F91C61D00000578-0-image-a-38_1535737198683.jpg

Awww!! Such a cute kitty. Whatever the circumstances, I’m glad Bob was left somewhere where there were people to help him. :D

From the link:
[...]
The authorities are currently using the CCTV footage of Bob Marley's dropoff to identify the male.

While he could be a Good Samaritan who found the abused cat, some believe he might be the old owner.

'Normally, when someone leaves an animal after hours, there's usually more to the story,' she said. 'It's typically not a Good Samaritan who found an animal on the side of the road.

'We would really like to know the backstory.'

[...]
Do they really need to ID the man who dropped off the cat? He could have dumped it anywhere or killed it. Instead, he tried to give the cat a chance, and now they try to track the man down for a fucking "back story"?
Here's the most important part of the story: he tried to help the cat.
Just drop it, or the next person won't be comfortable dropping of an animal in need for fear of exposure.
Goddamn shelter must be run by the kind of women who can't just leave well enough alone.

Last edited:
Do they really need to ID the man who dropped off the cat? He could have dumped it anywhere or killed it. Instead, he tried to give the cat a chance, and now they try to track the man down for a fucking "back story"?
Here's the most important part of the story: he tried to help the cat.
Just drop it, or the next person won't be comfortable dropping of an animal in need for fear of exposure.
Goddamn shelter must be run by the kind of women who can't just leave well enough alone.

My thoughts exactly.

Trying to figure out who he kinda defeats the whole purpose of 'anonymous drop off' don't you think?

Yes it's sad what happened to the cat and it doesn't matter if he owned it or not, turning the furball over in the end is the preferred result, No? They should just leave it the hell alone.

Good to see the furball taken everything in stride :)

Latest posts

Back