• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...severely-mauled-two-bears-hiking-friends.html
A 48-year-old Minnesota man was mauled by a bear on Sunday afternoon while he was out hiking with friends near the Wyoming-Montana border.
500B81E200000578-6156865-image-a-3_1536700816541.jpg

Bradley David Johnson, who KARE11 reports is a respected ear nose and throat surgeon, suffered 'severe injuries' to his arm, shoulder and back after crossing paths with what were described as two grizzly bears in the Beartooth Mountains.

Johnson was with three friends at the time of the attack. While two of them raced off to find help, one stayed behind to take care of the surgeon.
[....]
Pocahontas County Search And Rescue (PCSAR) and Guardian Flight were both able to quickly find Johnson, though medics were forced to hike a mile in from their chopper to reach him.

The team were able to stabilize Johnson's injuries, and carry him to the helicopter, where he was raced to hospital in Billings, Montana.

Unfortunately, the man who stayed behind with Johnson could not fit on the chopper, and instead waited in the woods for hours for someone to come and get him, as the sun would soon set and he did not want to hike alone in the dark.
[....]
A spokesperson for St Vincent's Hospital told the Tribune Johnson was in a fair condition on Tuesday.

The team were able to stabilize Johnson's injuries, and carry him to the helicopter, where he was raced to hospital in Billings, Montana.

Unfortunately, the man who stayed behind with Johnson could not fit on the chopper, and instead waited in the woods for hours for someone to come and get him, as the sun would soon set and he did not want to hike alone in the dark.
How scary that must have been.

Gotta suck that moment you are the one who is left behind.
Do you think...
I am brave and heroic for doing this?
or
Hmmm guess I should stop eating other folks sandwiches at work.

Back