• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Help us (me and Keep) if this was too far or was it about time a big mouth got her comeuppance.

https://www.insideedition.com/judge...-down-woman-who-disrupted-his-courtroom-46856
[....]
Judge Michael Bachman was presiding over a trial on Sept. 4 when he heard a commotion in the hallway. A woman was allegedly screaming at the top of her lungs because she was told she was 30 minutes late to file court papers.

Bachman walked out of his courtroom to check out what was going on, and darted after the woman, running through hallways. When he caught up with her, he ordered her back into the courtroom.

Inside, the magistrate sat the woman down in the jury box and proceeded to sentence her to three days in jail for "disrespectful and disruptive behavior."

The woman was not having it and tried to escape. That's when deputies had to come in and haul her off to jail.

After the story surfaced, the judge was forced to resign for being out of order in his own courtroom.

The woman was let out of jail after two days on the orders of another judge.

Is that an actual law? Disrespectful behavior is a statute in that city???

Surprised they got rid of the judge. Good call, powertripping idiot. He was so concerned with a disruption to his courtroom that he decided to LEAVE his courtroom, put everything that was going on on hiatus, in order to lash out in his juvenile rage.

The woman is a dumb bitch though, uppity bimbo will think twice before acting a loudmouthed fool again i hoipe.

I think the right thing happened. A judge is held to a very high standard and this is unbecoming of a judge. Judges don't get suspended, for behavior, they get fired, or forced to resign. :shrug:
Not condoning the woman's behaviors but there's everywhere.

Neither were correct, but a judge has a greater responsibility for appropriate behavior. He should’ve sent a bailiff out to deal with her and 3 days in jail is excessive. I wouldn’t have fired him though unless this was part of a pattern of behavior.

I’m willing to bet this lady’s next move will be to file a big fat lawsuit for her ‘mental anguish’ or some other BS— and seeing how the court reacted to this situation so far, she’ll prob get it too! (provided she’s not too late to file the paperwork this time!;))

Judges are gods INSIDE their courtrooms. He overstepped the bounds of his jurisdiction. I'm not saying that it isn't pleasant to see someone addressed for her negative behavior, but the judge went outside his parameters.

So, this isn't going to be popular, but here goes anyway.

It was stated on that video she was upset because she was trying to get a protection order and was told she was too late. My sister just got one a few days ago against her soon to be ex-husband. I know it's incredibly stressful to feel you are at the point of needing one in the first place. I can almost understand her anger, as she very well could've felt like she was in danger.

I think if the judge had just come out and asked what was going on instead of merely just running after her, the outcome would've been different.

I understand acting respectful in a court house. However, I can understand why she was upset in the first place. I don't think he should've ran after her, there are people in that building whose job it is to take take of things of that nature. He stepped out of bounds. Should he have lost his job over it.... Well, in other jobs if you lose your cool like that you would probably get fired as well. In the end being a judge is a job, and there are ways to conduct yourself in every job.

Just my take on it.

The incident occurred on Sept. 4 when Jackson was trying to file for a protection order but, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, staffers told her that she’d missed the 8 a.m. deadline. Jackson became visibly angry and began arguing with them before storming out of the courtroom.
In the video, Bachman rushes from the bench to go after her and eventually catches up with her near the elevators. As the two are walking back to the courtroom together, Jackson tries running down a side hall.
That’s when Bachman grabs her neck and then her shoulder, leading her back to the courtroom before sitting her down in the jury box. Bachman insists that he was simply trying to calm the woman down.
She was obviously trying to leave when he decided to bust out the courtroom and run her down. And to then give her jail time on top of that, smh.

The incident occurred on Sept. 4 when Jackson was trying to file for a protection order but, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, staffers told her that she’d missed the 8 a.m. deadline. Jackson became visibly angry and began arguing with them before storming out of the courtroom.
In the video, Bachman rushes from the bench to go after her and eventually catches up with her near the elevators. As the two are walking back to the courtroom together, Jackson tries running down a side hall.
That’s when Bachman grabs her neck and then her shoulder, leading her back to the courtroom before sitting her down in the jury box. Bachman insists that he was simply trying to calm the woman down.
She was obviously trying to leave when he decided to bust out the courtroom and run her down. And to then give her jail time on top of that, smh.
So if she would have showed up on time all this would have been avoided. Instead, she throws a temper tantrum because no one will bend the rules for her.

Michael Bachman, the former Hamilton County magistrate who chased a woman down and sentenced her to 10 days in jail for “causing a ruckus” outside his courtroom in 2018, was Friday suspended from practicing law for six months.
The Ohio Supreme Court found he had “demonstrated a clear lack of patience, dignity, and courtesy” and “exhibited a total disregard” for the well-being of the woman, who was pinned, handcuffed, threatened with a Taser and jailed for a single scream of frustration in the hallway. Bachman resigned from his position as magistrate shortly after the incident but retained a license to practice law.

Back