• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspec...le-shot-dead-in-sleeping-bags-on-calif-beach/
A man arrested last year in the cold case of a couple found shot dead in sleeping bags on a northern California beach has been charged with their murders, reports the Napa Valley Register. Shaun Gallon, 39, was charged Friday with killing Lindsay Cutshall, 22, and Jason Allen, 26, in August of 2004, the paper reports.
shaun-gallon.jpg

Sonoma County District Attorney's Office also reportedly charged the Forestville man with the shooting death of his brother Shamus Michael Gallon in March 2017 and attempted murder in a package bombing in Guerneville in June 2004.

The complaint states an assault rifle was used in all three slayings, according to the paper.
[....]
The bodies of Lindsay Cutshall and her fiance Jason Allen were found next to each other on a driftwood-strewn beach near Jenner, California, on Aug. 18, 2004. They were scheduled to be married a month later.

The two Christian youth-camp workers were still zipped into their sleeping bags, and authorities believe they were shot in the head as they slept.
Cutshall, a native of Fresno, Ohio, and Allen, from Zeeland, Michigan, had been on a weekend trip. They worked at a Christian youth camp in California's Sierra Nevada foothills.
Authorities have said neither victim was robbed or sexually assaulted.

It wasn't until 2017 that Shaun Gallon became a suspect in the double slaying. In March of that year, Gallon was arrested for the shooting death of his brother in the family's home in Forestville, a rural community 66 miles north of San Francisco. Then-Sonoma County Sheriff Steve Freitas said at the time that Gallon was "well-known to authorities" and that he was a person of interest in the 2004 case
[....]
Questioned about the 2004 killings while in custody in his brother's case, Gallon had relayed "information about the killings that no other person could have known," Freitas said in May of last year, as he announced investigators believed him to be the. (Yes, they really just left it like that.)

"We feel confident we have Jason and Lindsay's killer," he said. Authorities have since found further corroborating evidence, he said.

No motive in the 2004 case has ever been made public. Freitas said authorities believed the killing of the young couple was random, and that there was no previous connection between the two and the suspect. Authorities previously said they also were still trying to find a motive in the shooting death of Gallon's brother, Shamus, saying there was no known conflict between the two before the shooting.

Gamus was also charged with attempted murder in a 2004 incident in which a bomb inside a package was left on top of a couple's car in Guerneville, the paper reports. The device exploded, leaving a man with hand, arm and facial injuries.

The Sonoma County District Attorney's office told the paper they intend to try all three murder charges and the attempted murder charges together.
Gallon reportedly appeared in court on Monday but didn't enter a plea. He is scheduled for another court date June 19.

There's a photo of the victims at the link. It wouldn't let me copy the link or save the photo so I could upload it to a sharing site.

This is always what bothers me about camping, because who knows what sort of human animals are lurking about. It's a shame one has to have that in the back of their mind. I used to think the middle of nowhere was safe but I've since changed my mind after reading about, say, the Appalachian Trail murders.
Thanks a lot. I'm going camping tonight with my sons. Not what I needed to think about.

Back