• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sjalawine

Chicago, IL On Saturday 5/12/2018 Richard Eames, 24 was charged with felony aggravated animal cruelty. The charges are the result of an investigation of videos that Eames posted to social media of his Pitbull /Jack Russell terrier mix, "Shorty" attacking and killing other animals in his backyard. The videos date back to early 2017 but it wasn't until August that the police were notified. That was when a woman in California who was looking for cat videos came across a link to "Pitbull /Jack Russell terrier mix VS cat. She clicked on it expecting to see the two animals playing and was horrified to see the dog ripping the cat apart. She started an online petition urging police to investigate a YouTube channel that Eames had created for his graphic and disturbing videos. On 7/5 Eames posted a video of Shorty attacking a cat that fortunately got away. Just 5 days later he posted another video to YouTube of Shorty mauling a cat and he is heard
saying "Get that bitch!!!" and "Good Boy!!!" In April he posted a video of Shorty killing and eating an opossum on Instagram.
The petition says in part, "This individual has a YouTube channel devoted to manTVy brutal deaths that innocent pets had to suffer." "He is very proud of these deaths and in one video he even writes that his dog kills anything that moves."

The police were able to determine that the videos originated in Chicago and from there they were able to tie them to Eames's West Garfield Park home where he was arrested. He admitted that Shorty killed a cat and an opossum.
Eames has been a convicted felon since 2013 when he pled guilty to robbing a person over 60yo or disabled. He could be sentenced from 1 to 3 years for his current charge.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...is-Dog-Attacking-Other-Animals-482238231.html

Model citizen. Actually sounds like a total coward. Robbing old disabled people? Training a dog to kill? Yeah, real tough guy. Poor Shorty will be euthanized through no fault of his own. Just doing what his scaredy cat owner taught him. I hope he gets the max sentence and other inmates show him what it's like to be terrorized.

I have a bit of problem with outdoor/feral cats, they are a plague on the native bird population, though I'll make exceptions for "working" cats on farms for rodent control. Unless the man was capturing animals and bringing them onto his property for "blood sport" I don't think the "three misdemeanor counts of depiction of animal cruelty" will stand, because if that was true then all hunting and fishing shows would be illegal. The one count that he diffidently is in trouble for is the "misdemeanor count of possession of certain dogs by a felon". As much as people love to believe the stupid fallacy that pitbulls are just like any other dog, felons and murder-dogs are definetly not a good mix (contrary to what the idiotic show "Pitbulls and Parolees" is trying to sale).

I have a bit of problem with outdoor/feral cats, they are a plague on the native bird population, though I'll make exceptions for "working" cats on farms for rodent control. Unless the man was capturing animals and bringing them onto his property for "blood sport" I don't think the "three misdemeanor counts of depiction of animal cruelty" will stand, because if that was true then all hunting and fishing shows would be illegal. The one count that he diffidently is in trouble for is the "misdemeanor count of possession of certain dogs by a felon". As much as people love to believe the stupid fallacy that pitbulls are just like any other dog, felons and murder-dogs are definetly not a good mix (contrary to what the idiotic show "Pitbulls and Parolees" is trying to sale).
In this case the prosecutor dismissed the misdemeanor charges in favor of pursuing the felony charge. I would have to disagree with a comparison of killing cats to hunting or fishing. Cats are domestic animals. Being unsocialized and rejecting human contact "being feral" doesn't make them undomesticated does it? More needs to be done like neutering to keep the population in check. OMHO I think the Pitbull breed has to just die out and that's coming from an owner. My dog was rescued as a puppy. I wouldn't breed him because so many people don't acknowledge that their dangerous. My dog has never acted aggressive but I still keep him on a chain when he's outside. And when he's inside I make sure he is laying down away from the door where I can see him before I open it. I don't take a chance of him getting loose. I love him, but statistics don't lie

I have a bit of problem with outdoor/feral cats, they are a plague on the native bird population, though I'll make exceptions for "working" cats on farms for rodent control. Unless the man was capturing animals and bringing them onto his property for "blood sport" .
quick note: have ferals turned into barn cats and done feral spay/neuter rescue for decades, they are the elastttt of the worry of wild birds that are actually being decimated here first by pesticides then by yobs that kill them. A feral unlike a housecat is going to go and use their energy for what is going to bring in the most food with the least effort usually rodents bet they mice, rats, gophers or up the hierarchy to rabbits and such. I would put money on every bird aaan outdoor cat of mine kills the neighbors have killed 15 birds for no reason and numerous have disappeared due to spraying and such

Except for the cat, I don't have a problem with this ... One of Nick's favourite things stick his nose in a tall clump of grass and hunt for mice!
Once he carried one all the way home in his mouth ... I didn't know he even had it until I saw a little leg shoot out from between his lips ... I thought it was a twig at first but it was shaking really really fast. and then he bit down and licked his lips and it was gone again ... I just smiled at him and said ... that's yours now.

If a ground hog walks across the lawn and he kills it, we don't care. We don't let him keep it ... but its not a big deal.
They chase rabbits ... and they never win. And they chase deer ... and they never win. They chase geese and can out run them ... but they
can fly. And they never win.

One of the first times i really seen him go for it, with a squirrel ... "I said go ahead ... you'll never catch him" ... "not get that bitch." He surprised me and caught it. But then he turned around to show me, all happy and smiling and the squirrel shot out of his mouth while he was asking me " Did you see that " ... just blind running for his life. He ended up running up the tree and then back down ... and then ran around the circumference of the tree three time ... the shot off into the bushes like a rocket. He lived I think. I didn't video tape anything because its (shrug) ... nature of the beast !!! NOt that exciting unless you're a dog.

Last edited:
Back