• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Coco was one of the best animated films I've seen in awhile.

By the way Jack, I'm a fecal freak. I love poo....

The Jerk......

Steve Martin, Bernadette Peters....

I was going to turn it off then Steve and Bernadette started a duet on the beach. Motherfucker!!!! That has to be the most beautiful, impromptu song in a movie..Ever!!!

Just finished Lethal Weapon 2. Damn that chick was hot with nice titties. Too bad she never acted again after that.

Watched The Babadook last night. Excellent horror without gore. Australian, with strong performances. It's on Netflix.

The Jerk......

Steve Martin, Bernadette Peters....

I was going to turn it off then Steve and Bernadette started a duet on the beach. Motherfucker!!!! That has to be the most beautiful, impromptu song in a movie..Ever!!!

Why the fuck would you at any point consider turning it off? One of the funniest movies of all time.

I have to agree with ya Jack..I glowed for an hour after it was over. Now I'm on A Steve Martin kick so tonight it's going to be The man with two brains.
[doublepost=1520710239,1520707250][/doublepost]

I just saw A Quiet Place last night. I loved it. Very intense. Very little explanation as to what happened. Just the situation as it is now and how the family adapts to it. Really great acting because there was so little dialog but you just knew what they were thinking. My daughter wanted more action but I enjoyed the build up. The only thing that spoiled it a little is the ending. I'm giving it two thumbs up!

Queit Place was tremendous.

I saw Ready Player One last night at the second run theater, which is vastly superior to the overpriced corporate shitstain theaters. It was highly dissapointing. I expected the plot to be pretty lame and cheesy, but the action? THat was one area where i thought it would offer up some amazing things. Outside of seeing the glorious Iron Giant in a movie again, it was incredibly lackluster.

The Cottage (2008)

This is another one where you don't want any spoilers, because it does have a wicked twist. I thought the characters were brilliantly acted even though the stupidity was almost painful. You know they're headed for disaster, but you can't really predict from which direction it's coming and neither can they. Hilariously horrific!

Over the last few days I watched The End of the Tour and The Death of Stalin.
End of the Tour was a very good and kind of sad movie.
Death of Stalin was really really good. Especially if you're well versed on that part of Russian history. The movie is a satire and was hilarious at times.

Only the Brave

Tremendous. So fucking rare for one of these true life/tragedy movies to not go headon into the unnecessary, over blown, over-sentimental nonsense. There wasn't a hint of hokiness or cheesiness like that here, honestly hard for me to think of a better movie out of this specific subgenre. Such a tremendous job developing these characters and so forth, and what a fucking crushing final act. Brutal watch there at the end.

Great stuff.

I dont know if ive ever been more impressed with Jeff Bridges. Small part, but he was incredible. It is so rare to see him play vulnerable. He has done a tremendous job playing comedic roles, playing sad, depressed, make you feel the same, he can do it all and does so brilliantly. But i dont think ive ever seen him come across as vulnerable. The sounds he makes and way he acts in that truck scene for example as theyre driving to the school(you know what im talking about if youve seen it), was so fucking phenomenal. It wasnt just him playing some sorrowful, past his prime loser(which hes done so much), wasnt merely just him being sad/broken during a tragedy, it was more than that. Amazing stuff.

I have yet to see Crazyheart though, so exclude that when reading the above comment.

I've been binging Netflix originals. Black Sails is a really well made, beautiful and exciting series about pirates. Alias Grace about a woman who may or may not be a murderess and the doctor trying to find out which. The remake of Lost in Space was really good and has the same lead actor as Black Sails, Toby Stephens. Just started Godless a western themed mini series with some great actors. Enjoy!

Operation Finale 7/10
Thank You For Your Service 6/10
Tag 8.5/10 Funny movie and based on true story
The Only Living Boy in New York 7.5/10

I watched Big Charity. I thought it was really good.

71btbicWzrL._SY445_.jpg

SYNOPSIS: Founded as a hospital for the poor, Charity Hospital began in 1736 as just a small cottage built on the goodwill of a dying French merchant. Ran by the nuns of the Daughters of Charity and serving the city of New Orleans for close to 300 years, it gradually transformed into an enormous public institution - into Big Charity - and a longstanding symbol of compassion, a seemingly eternal place of safety and a beacon of hope in the community. Today the towering art deco building, closed abruptly after Hurricane Katrina hit in August 2005, stands empty, and the community continues to suffer devastating consequences from its absence. This documentary film includes never-before-seen footage and exclusive interviews to tell the story of Charity Hospital, from its roots to its controversial closing in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. From the firsthand accounts of healthcare providers and hospital employees who withstood the storm inside the hospital, to interviews with key players involved in the closing of Charity, Big Charity shares the untold, true story around its demise and sheds new light on the sacrifices made for the sake of progress.

If you've never seen this version you're really missing out.

Imagine if George Miller was Ansel Adams...

The soundtrack is a real treat too.

madmaxblackchrome-1.jpg

So many random movies recently

The void - holy shit it was better than I expected
Trainspotting- that was pretty disturbing at times...
The Nun- My other half wanted to see it at the movies..and yeah I wasn't that impressed..
Landline- Edie Falco was great in this one!
The Meyerowitz Stories- Depressing at times but pretty good..The cast was amazing too
Blackcoats daughter- This was ok easy to figure out the plot though
Sweet Virginia- Really liked this one.

Watched a few this weekend...
BlackKKKlansman (sp) This wasn't what I expected...not bad at all.
American History X- Hard to watch at times..
Den of thieves - Pretty good..just long lol

Back