• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Florida high school student who held a 'racist' sign asking a girl to prom has been ridiculed on social media.

Noah Crowley from Riverview High School in Sarasota wrote on a large white placard: 'If I was black I'd be picking cotton, but I'm white so I'm picking u 4 prom?'

The 18-year-old's so called 'prom-proposal' was posted to Snapchat by his date along with two heart emojis. The picture sparked outrage and quickly went viral.

'The fact no one told him this was wrong during the entire process of making it, INCLUDING the girl who said yes is a big issue and this makes me sick.'

Since the boy's post went viral, an apology believed to be written by him has also emerged.

'I want to sincerely apologise if I have offended anyone with the picture going around. That was not my intention,' it read.

'Anyone who knows me... knows that that's not how we truly feel. It was a completely joke and it went too far.

'After reading the texts and Snapchat's, I truly see how I have offended people and I'm sorry.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Snapchat-Florida-student-sparks-outrage.html
4B8197E600000578-5652121-Noah_Crowley_18_from_Riverview_High_School_in_Sarasota_Florida_h-m-132_1524586354610.jpg

Oh they may wanna skip prom and get right to the screwing.
Chances are good if they show up it will get ugly.

Sadly he is a dope and so is she for being clueless that this was a dumb idea and insensitive.

He isn't going to prom now. I'll come back with the link when I find it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/no-prom-noah-crowley_us_5adfb25ae4b07560f396664e
[....]
Crowley’s parents released a statement to HuffPost on Tuesday afternoon saying their son will not be attending any school activities for the rest of the year:

“While our son has apologized himself, on behalf of our family, we wish to also express our most sincere apologies for the terrible words used in his ‘promposal.’

“We love our son dearly and know that he is a far better person than reflected in this reckless behavior. That said, as loving parents, we also feel compelled to share our own deep regret and serious concern about his actions.

“After numerous familial conversations and lengthy discussions with Riverview High School administrators, we have jointly agreed that our son will not be attending any further school activities or functions, including the Prom or graduation ceremony.

“As a family, we truly recognize this incident is a very difficult but important life lesson and pledge to do all we can to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again. Certainly, we hope that all of the people and communities who were hurt and offended will forgive our son and family.”
[....]
(Meanwhile, his own apology fell on deaf ears.)
Crowley’s apology didn’t get much support: One of his fellow students told him on Facebook, “Man save that apology ... you meant what you posted!” according to local CBS affiliate WTSP.

The sign garnered a negative reaction from many in the area, including fellow Riverview senior Anton Kernohan, who told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune he was “disgusted” by Crowley’s sign.

“It shows that racism is still alive and well in our society, and it shows that racism is still alive in my generation, and it is something that we as the youth will have to continue to fight against,” Kernohan said.

Another link for those who don't care for Huffpo.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk...arked-racial-backlash-will-not-attend-n868761

Last edited:
“It shows that racism is still alive and well in our society, and it shows that racism is still alive in my generation, and it is something that we as the youth will have to continue to fight against,”
Sigh, it sure does. The attention everyone gives to it is also part of the problem. What's next? Assholes saying this kind of shit just to go viral. :rolleyes:

Back