• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The 19-year-old man accused of opening fire at a Florida high school and injuring one has revealed chilling details of the crime in a jailhouse interview.

'I prepared to go and scare people,' Sky Bouche recalled of the attack on Friday morning at Forest High School in Ocala, Florida, in a televised interview from behind bars with KTVU.

'Put my shotgun in my guitar case, took two pills of Phenibut, put my tactical vest in my backpack and went to Forest,' Bouche said. Phenibut is an anti-anxiety medication which is banned in the US but obtainable online.

When asked why he did it, Bouche replied: 'It's just built up since I was a young child. Just not around good things, a lot of mental illness, some violence, mostly neglect.'

'I don't know, it just wasn't a good day,' he said.

Bouche said that when he entered the school a girl walked by him, but he hesitated in pulling out the gun. 'I just didn't want to shoot or kill people, because at that point the adrenaline and the excitement just kind of faded immediately.'

Instead, he said he fired through a door and dropped the gun, thinking he hadn't hit anyone. But a 17-year-old boy on the other side of the door was struck in the ankle.

'I could have pumped the shotgun. I didn't, I just dropped it,' Bouche said. Addressing the injured student he added, 'There's nothing I can say, I can say sorry all I want, but he can think what he wants.'

'This is what I wanted, was to be away from everyone else, so I'm not hurting anyone else,' he said, sitting stony faced in jailhouse stripes. 'That was my primary goal. Cause I knew if I didn't, you know, snap now, it would have been later and it would've been a hundred times worse.'

Bouche was denied bail at his first court appearance on Saturday.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Sky-Bouche-says-didnt-want-hurt-anyone.html
tdy_sun_radfrod_sky_180422_1920x1080.today-vid-canonical-featured-desktop.jpg

HOpefully for the sake of humanity, this nutter is kept in a cage for the rest of his life. He is too dangerous, by his own admission, to be around other human beings Lock him up.

People who are mentally ill and hurting will seek out protection and isolation by getting imprisoned.
They are driven by desperation and it is going to get more and more widespread.
There has never been a better time to bring back asylums.
The rest of the world manages pretty ok without asylums. Easy access to guns is the problem. Not mental health issues or the lack of asylums.
[doublepost=1524466549,1524463043][/doublepost]'It just wasn't a good day' sounds a bit like 'I don't like Mondays', but not quite as catchy. I am not sure that anyone will write a song about 'It just wasn't a good day', but you never know.

The rest of the world manages pretty ok without asylums. Easy access to guns is the problem. Not mental health issues or the lack of asylums.
Having mental health issues doesnt necessarily mean you are crazy or any other thing and it absolutely does play into these shootings. Whether it be for fame or because they cant take it anymore, mental health has played into everyone of them. Someone in a stable mental state does not set out to kill others.

Everyone thinks asylum when they think of mental health help. Most countries have never called their mental health institutions asylums. Mental health help is absolutely easier to obtain outside of the states.

Take here in Holland. If Im feeling down and think I might need some happy pills, I go to my doctor, who then refers me to a psychologist, who then decides if I just need someone to talk to if if its something that might need medicating, if the later, they refer you onto a psychiatrist. They dont just toss pills at you without making sure that there isn't something more going on.

Children take a priority when it comes to mental health. You cannot refuse mental health assessments on children if the health board asks for one. They will court order it. That same health board is involved with your child from birth on, right down to being involved in school. Making it harder for kids with issues to slip through unnoticed.

Every dutch city over 50k people that I know of has a mental health institution. Even if your town doesnt have one, there will be one within a 15 minute train trip from you.

I think what makes it work is that even though its no longer federally run, its run at a local government level. Meaning you aren't relying on private institutions that might not have funding or dealing with places that may or may not be following procedure. Things might vary between municipalities but everyone has the same access to help if it's needed. It's also a lot easier to have someone else committed for the times people can't see the crazy themselves.

ETA: I used Holland as an example, but most European countries are very similar when it comes to mental health

Having mental health issues doesnt necessarily mean you are crazy or any other thing and it absolutely does play into these shootings. Whether it be for fame or because they cant take it anymore, mental health has played into everyone of them. Someone in a stable mental state does not set out to kill others.

Everyone thinks asylum when they think of mental health help. Most countries have never called their mental health institutions asylums. Mental health help is absolutely easier to obtain outside of the states.

Take here in Holland. If Im feeling down and think I might need some happy pills, I go to my doctor, who then refers me to a psychologist, who then decides if I just need someone to talk to if if its something that might need medicating, if the later, they refer you onto a psychiatrist. They dont just toss pills at you without making sure that there isn't something more going on.

Children take a priority when it comes to mental health. You cannot refuse mental health assessments on children if the health board asks for one. They will court order it. That same health board is involved with your child from birth on, right down to being involved in school. Making it harder for kids with issues to slip through unnoticed.

Every dutch city over 50k people that I know of has a mental health institution. Even if your town doesnt have one, there will be one within a 15 minute train trip from you.

I think what makes it work is that even though its no longer federally run, its run at a local government level. Meaning you aren't relying on private institutions that might not have funding or dealing with places that may or may not be following procedure. Things might vary between municipalities but everyone has the same access to help if it's needed. It's also a lot easier to have someone else committed for the times people can't see the crazy themselves.

ETA: I used Holland as an example, but most European countries are very similar when it comes to mental health
I am with you. I am Australian. We have social progammes for mental health too, but we do not have guns for everyone as you don't.

I am with you. I am Australian. We have social progammes for mental health too, but we do not have guns for everyone as you don't.
We have guns. Both here in The Netherlands and Canada(Im Canadian :p). That saying of "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" isn't a falsehood. Taking away guns doesn't solve the problem, people just find new weapons of choice. Look at Britain. They banned guns and people turned to knives but now knife crimes are so high they are considering banning knives.

Bouche the Douche, I'm pretty sure he's been called that more than once.:cool:

Sky Bouche, who admitted firing a gunshot through a door and injuring a Forest High School student a little more than three years ago pleaded no contest to his charges and was sentenced to a 30-year prison term.

The prison term will be followed by 30 years of probation.

His charges included discharge of a firearm on school property, possession of a short barrel gun and burglary of a structure with firearm.

Bouche must serve a 25-year minimum mandatory period behind bars. He must pay restitution of more than $14,000. Bouche cannot have contact with the victim, cannot visit any public schools, cannot own any weapons, and must undergo a mental health evaluation. He also cannot seek early termination from his probation.

Bouche asked the judge if he could get a downward departure, meaning a lighter sentence, and the judge said no. She said he could plea open to the court, with no agreement in place. But she warned him if he did that, she could give a different sentence than the one his attorney had negotiated with the state.

Bouche told her he wanted to take the state's deal.
1623499554509.png

Back