• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Oberle

Trusted Member
Waffle House again, go figure. Searched under multiple terms but didn't find the story here. Apologies if it's a dupe.

A search is underway for a man wanted for fatally shooting four people and wounding two others at a Waffle House restaurant outside of Nashville, Tennessee, early Sunday, authorities said.

Travis Reinking, 29, of Morton, Illinois, has been identified as a person of interest in the shooting in Antioch. The vehicle the gunman arrived in is registered to him, police said.

Authorities said Reinking, for whom they are seeking murder arrest warrants, arrived at the restaurant just before 3:30 a.m. wearing only a green jacket. After opening fire with what was described as an AR-15 style assault rifle, he fled the scene on foot. He shed the jacket nearby and was reported to be naked as he escaped.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/deadly-waffle-house-shooting_us_5adc7adce4b009869bfa268e

I wonder if they served his hash browns on a dirty plate? :penguin:
seriously? probably because a waitress blew him off or didn't the way he wanted, you really look at most these cases and it is some idiot that has gone rabid because someone doesn't want him. There was another good article about gamergate and the insanity that was started by a jilted squeeze that was put out today, even though it was old news it led into alot of things that we are collectively having to deal with as well as women have had to deal within the past. The major difference was Zoey had the ability and the support and knowledge off the right loops to fight back and win

Last edited:
Why the hell did his Dad give him his goddamn guns back?
Can they charge dad with something for being so quick to give this nut back his guns after the stunt he pulled that got them taken away in the first place.
Unbelievable.

Why the hell did his Dad give him his goddamn guns back?
Can they charge dad with something for being so quick to give this nut back his guns after the stunt he pulled that got them taken away in the first place.
Unbelievable.
I'm sure the imbecile, dad, will be charged too ..
I guess stupid is hereditary .. :shrug:

Waffle Houses sound like such exciting places.
I think it is the chicken and waffles colliding together that make the place nutty.
Sure you may know the menu, but you never know whats coming through the door for the floor show.

Waffle House: An Adventure with Every Meal.

I think it is awful though that you go out for a shitty bite to eat and get to deal not just with a homicidal fucker, but a nude one at that.
Now about daddy giving the guy back his bang bang.
Charge him as an accessory before the fact.

Sad the guy who saved the day didnt kill him. Not sure how they fucked that up.

I want to know why the guns were given to his dad. And i want to know if/when the dad is going to get charged.

Good control laws fail once again. Pathetic.

I love Waffle House.
I go whenever I'm back in the south cos its just what you do in the middle of the afternoon or late at night.
Fuck this naked bastard for destroying what little happiness folks can find in this useless cesspool we call life.
I don't give a good goddamn if this motherfucker is crazier than a shit house mouse he did this and those around him facilitated him in doing so.
This should not have happened. Period.
Gun reform don't mean shit if supposedly competent individuals are letting known threats have access to firearms.
His dad needs to be held accountable for this massacre. It never would have happened had he not given him access to those guns.
My goodness am I mad.

I love Waffle House.
I go whenever I'm back in the south cos its just what you do in the middle of the afternoon or late at night.
Fuck this naked bastard for destroying what little happiness folks can find in this useless cesspool we call life.
I don't give a good goddamn if this motherfucker is crazier than a shit house mouse he did this and those around him facilitated him in doing so.
This should not have happened. Period.
Gun reform don't mean shit if supposedly competent individuals are letting known threats have access to firearms.
His dad needs to be held accountable for this massacre. It never would have happened had he not given him access to those guns.
My goodness am I mad.

What is gun reform?

Sad the guy who saved the day didnt kill him. Not sure how they fucked that up.

I want to know why the guns were given to his dad. And i want to know if/when the dad is going to get charged.

Good control laws fail once again. Pathetic.
I believe the dad owned the guns and insisted he get them back. Because he was the owner, authorities had to give them back but they warned him to help them away from his son. Then dad was thinking of moving out of state so he just gave them back to his son. That part doesn’t make sense to me because he has an established successful business where he lives and I don’t think he did move in the end. I’m trying to find the link.

It’s in here, it was a “constitutional” issue: https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/jeff-reinking-travis-father-dad-jeffrey/

Last edited:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5648601/Waffle-House-killer-CAPTURED.html
[doublepost=1524623330,1524535449][/doublepost]article & hero that probably saved alot of live from but ugly & nekked asswipr and then article on douche
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-hailed-Tennessee-House-Representatives.html
4B83531700000578-5653521-image-m-5_1524610336206.jpg

4B6F811E00000578-5653521-Mr_Shaw_was_grazed_by_a_bullet_and_got_second_degree_burns_on_hi-a-13_1524610507637.jpg

4B7F693F00000578-5653521-_I_m_just_a_regular_guy_I_never_thought_I_d_be_up_here_at_the_pu-a-10_1524610479035.jpg

Waffle House hero James Shaw has told Tennessee lawmakers he faced 'the true test of a man' when he wrestled an AR-15 off a crazed and naked gunman during Sunday's mass shooting.

Speaking on the floor of the state's House of Representatives on Tuesday, James Shaw Jr, 29, insisted he acted to save his own life when he rushed gunman Travis Reinking, before grabbing his weapon and pushing him out of the door.

'I never thought I'd be in a room with all the eyes on me, but you know, I'm very grateful to be here,' Shaw told House members, who passed a resolution praising him for saving numerous lives.

Waffle House hero James Shaw Jr honored by Tennessee lawmakers
Brennan McMurray, who was dining with Shaw, his best friend, at the restaurant, also spoke on the floor of the House.

He told representatives that Shaw 'sometimes doesn't listen to me', before turning to his friend and adding, 'and this, by far, is the best time you haven't listened to me'.

The resolution passed by the house read: 'No matter his motivations, Mr. Shaw is indeed a hero; his actions on that fateful morning are unfathomable to most, indescribable by even the chief of police, and very poignant to the citizens of Nashville, who are deeply grateful for his brave actions in the face of extreme adversity that saved many lives.'
Shaw, the father of a four-year-old girl, initially hid in the toilet but Reinking shot through the door, grazing his forearm, and the father-of-one decided it was time to fight back.

'I acted in a blink of a second. When he reloaded his clip, which felt like 30 minutes. I looked at him, and he wasn't looking at me. He just had the barrel down. It was like, 'Do it now. Go now.' I just took off,' he told the New York Times.

'I hit him with the door and the gun was kind of jammed up. I grabbed it from him and I threw it over the counter top.'
Shaw then chased the killer out of the diner while the fleeing man hurled abuse at him for intervening. 'I just wanted to live, and he was, like, astonished, that I wanted to live,' he recalled.

Shaw said he has since gone to see some of the shooting victims in the hospital and they all remembered him from the day. He apologized to the people whose loved ones died in the attack.

On Monday, Shaw attended a memorial service at Mount Zion Church, three miles from the Waffle House in Nashville where the shooting took place.

Shaw was grazed by a bullet and got second degree burns on his hand from where he grabbed the gun barrel and wrestled the rifle from the gunman

He joined more than a hundred mourners for four minutes of silence to remember the four victims: Joe Perez, 20; Akilah Dasilva, 23; Taurean C. Sanderlin, 29; and Deebony Groves, 21.

At a press conference that same day, Shaw insisted he was 'just a regular guy', adding: 'It feels selfish. I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it.

'I'd rather you regard me as James, you know, just a regular person. Because I feel like everybody can do pretty much what I did.'

The Tennessee State Senate also honored Shaw on Tuesday.

Davidson County Sheriff Daron Hall said Tuesday that Reinking has been 'compliant' and 'cooperative' since he was transferred to the jail late Monday after he was captured near the apartment where he lived.

Reinking is wearing a vest known informally as a 'suicide smock' and will remain under close observation at a maximum-security facility in Nashville.

Also on Tuesday, General Sessions Judge Michael Mondelli revoked the suspect's $2 million bond after an outcry from the local community.

Technically, Reinking could have walked out of jail if his family had posted 10 percent or $200,000 with a bonding company - although this would have almost certainly led to the bond immediately being increased to prevent this.
'I'm not a hero' says man who wrestled gun from Waffle House shooter...
Reinking is charged with four counts of criminal homicide. Police say he opened fire outside the restaurant with an AR-15 rifle and then stormed the restaurant, wearing only a green jacket. Four other people were wounded in the shooting.

Reinking escaped on foot from the restaurant and shed his only item of clothing.

By the time he was captured in the woods nearby, police had searched his apartment, and found the key fob to a stolen BMW they had recovered in the parking lot days earlier. The BMW theft had not initially been tied to Reinking.

Nashville Police Department Lt. Carlos Lara told reporters Reinking was arrested Monday after detectives were tipped to the suspect's presence by some construction workers.

He carried a black backpack with a silver semi-automatic weapon and .45-caliber ammunition.

The arrest ended a 24-hour manhunt involving more than 160 law enforcement officers, but it left troubling unanswered questions about official responses to months of bizarre behavior before the restaurant attack, including encounters with police in Illinois and Colorado and an arrest at the White House that raised red flags."
videos and more at link
4B70AD1E00000578-5645015-Deebony_Groves-a-2_1524462550479.jpg

4B70332100000578-5645177-image-m-19_1524438263942.jpg

Deebony Groves, 21, and Akilah Dasilva, 23, were also killed when the gunman stormed in and opened fire with an assault rifle
4B70B11800000578-5648601-Taurean_C_Sanderlin-a-44_1524509250100.jpg

4B70DCAD00000578-5645177-image-a-13_1524438194751.jpg

Restaurant worker Taurean C. Sanderlin, 29, and 20-year-old customer Joe R. Perez were among the four shot dead by a gunman at a Nashville Waffle House on Sunday

notice he's smiling
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-bond-Nashville-shooting-suspect-outcry.html
4B7939B300000578-5648601-image-a-4_1524526409540.jpg

A judge has revoked bond for the Waffle House gunman who shot dead four at a Tennessee branch.

Travis Reinking, 29, was arrested in Nashville on Monday following a 36-hour manhunt after he allegedly opened fire at a Waffle House in a late night shooting.

He was charged with four counts of criminal homicide and his bond was set for $2 million - a cost he was very unlikely to meet. But many were furious he was even granted bond after the mass shooting

Typically, all suspects in Tennessee are entitled to a bond unless they are facing the death penalty.

But on Tuesday, a judge revoked a $2 million bond."......

more at link

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...le-shooting-suspect-outcry.html#ixzz5DeG9rViH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Last edited:
At a press conference that same day, Shaw insisted he was 'just a regular guy', adding: 'It feels selfish. I was just trying to get myself out. I saw the opportunity and pretty much took it.

'I'd rather you regard me as James, you know, just a regular person. Because I feel like everybody can do pretty much what I did.'

You did something while others did nothing. Way too modest.

Technically, Reinking could have walked out of jail if his family had posted 10 percent or $200,000 with a bonding company - although this would have almost certainly led to the bond immediately being increased to prevent this.

Jail is the best place for this asshole, somebody would have killed him if they'd set him loose.

I'm sure daddy is going to lose his business and everything he owns over this. He'll be sued for providing the gun, and rightly so.

He may think him not wanting to die is selfish but honestly what better motivation do you need?
I didn't come to a waffle house to die of anything but congestive heart failure and high blood pressure.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...fle-house-shooting-travis-reinking/986217002/
Travis Reinking, the man suspected of killing four people in a mass shooting at a Nashville Waffle House, will be committed to a mental hospital for treatment until he is fit to stand trial, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Reinking appeared in court to face his charges for the first time, wearing a bright yellow jumpsuit. He sat quietly while a forensic psychologist said he had schizophrenia that was so severe he would be unable to go to trial without medication and therapy.
[....]
Fishburn said it appeared Reinking was not taking any medicine for his schizophrenia.

"Obviously that's the first step in getting him to become competent," Fishburn said. "The court does commit Mr, Reinking to Middle Tennessee Mental Health Institute to take whatever measures are reasonably necessary to see that he becomes and retains competency so that the trial in this case can proceed."

The court will check on Reinking's status every six months, but Fishburn said he wanted to be "immediately notified" when Reinking was ready for a trial.

"Authorities in Illinois have charged the father of the suspect in the deadly Nashville Waffle House shooting, accusing him of illegally giving his son the gun used to kill four people at the restaurant.

Jeffrey Reinking was charged Thursday with unlawful delivery of a firearm. Prosecutors said he gave his son Travis Reinking a gun — despite the fact that his son had recently been hospitalized for mental health issues."

Waffle House shooting trial: Travis Reinking guilty on all counts​

A jury on Friday found Travis Reinking guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of four people at a Waffle House in 2018, thwarting an attempted insanity defense and marking a dramatic conclusion to one of the city's most high-profile criminal trials.

He was found guilty on all 16 counts against him. Reinking did not visibly react to the verdict. As he was led away from the defense table, he barely glanced at his parents in the front row.

The jury deliberated for nearly five hours.

Reinking, 33, faced multiple murder charges in the April 22, 2018, early morning shooting at the Waffle House in Antioch that killed four and maimed several others.

I will never understand how a person is so mentally ill and out of their gourds when they commit the crime and are unable to help in their defense can be brought to competency but still held as responsible .. just commit them to a mental health facility for their natural lives and everyone wins .. they’re never on the street again and a danger to others and they benefit from medication and treatment ..

[....]
A judge convicted Jeffrey Reinking last week of illegal delivery of a firearm to a person who had been treated for mental illness within the past five years, the ( Peoria) Journal Star reported. He remains free on bond pending his sentencing, which is set for June 17.

During Reinking's May 13 bench trial, Tazewell County prosecutors argued that the rural Morton, Illinois, man knew his son, Travis Reinking, had undergone mental health treatment in 2016.
[....]
Reports the Journal Star obtained in 2018 showed Travis Reinking was brought to a Peoria hospital for an evaluation after that incident and had agreed to go to the hospital.

But Jeffrey Reinking’s attorney, Kevin Sullivan, argued at trial that his client didn’t know his son had been treated for mental health issues at the hospital. Sullivan said he knew his son was brought to the hospital but didn’t know why, and was not guilty of the charge.

Because the younger Reinking had his firearm owner’s identification card revoked by Illinois State Police, he could not legally have guns within the state. Travis Reinking surrendered his guns to his father, who later returned them to him at some point before the fatal shooting at a Waffle House in Nashville, prosecutors said.
[....]
Travis Reinking was sentenced in February to life in prison without the possibility of parole after being convicted of four counts of first-degree murder and other charges. He opened fire inside the restaurant on April 22, 2018, killing Taurean Sanderlin, 29; Joey Perez, 20; Akilah Dasilva, 23; and DeEbony Groves, 21.

Evidence at Travis Reinking's trial showed he had schizophrenia and suffered delusions for years, believing unknown people were tormenting him. He contacted law enforcement several times to report that he was being threatened, stalked and harassed.
[....]

The man convicted of shooting and killing four people at an Antioch Waffle House in 2018 was sentenced Friday for charges related to those injured in the rampage.

A jury found Travis Reinking guilty in the mass shooting that claimed the lives of four people at an Antioch Waffle House in April 2018.

He was found guilty on all 16 charges:
  • 1st-degree premeditated murder: 4 counts
  • Attempted 1st-degree premeditated murder: 4 counts
  • Unlawful employment of firearm during commission of a felony: 4 counts
  • 1st-degree felony murder: 4 counts

DeEbony Groves, 21, Akilah Dasilva, 23, Taurean Sanderlin, 29, and Joe Perez, 20 were killed in the early morning hours of April 22, 2018. Four others were injured.

Reinking was previously sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. On Friday, Judge Mark Fishburn recommended his life sentences to be served consecutively plus 114 years.

Reinking was treated for schizophrenia before the trial could proceed. His treatment, paired with complications caused by the pandemic, delayed the trial several months.

Back