• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A South Florida judge resigned on Friday after being recorded on camera berating a woman in a wheelchair who was having trouble breathing due to multiple medical conditions, and died just three days later.

Broward County Circuit Court Judge Merrilee Ehrlich gave defendant Sandra Faye Twiggs, 59, who was in her court facing misdemeanor charges following a family dispute, the verbal beat-down in a video dated April 15.

Ehrlich's tongue-lasing of Twiggs was so extreme that her public defender, Howard Finkelstein, demanded the judge be banned from presiding over criminal proceedings.

'It is not appropriate for anyone to endure that kind of treatment,' Finkelstein's chief assistant, Gordon Weekes, told the Miami Herald.

Twiggs appeared before Ehrlich in a video feed from the North Broward Bureau during the hearing in bond court.

In the video, she can be heard attempting to broach the issue of her medical condition with Judge Ehrlich, who shouts her down, saying, 'I'm not here to talk about your breathing treatments.'

A family friend of Twiggs said that Twiggs, who suffered from both asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), had difficulty getting her medications while in custody after being arrested for a domestic violence issue.

Upon returning home after the hearing, Carolyn Porter described Twiggs as starving, dizzy and borderline breathless.

'She came home so devastated she couldn't catch her breath,' Porter said.

Ehrlich's entire encounter with Twiggs was marked with agressive shouting as Twiggs tried to answer questions.

Ehrlich also turned her ire on the attorneys in the room, imploring them to chastise Twiggs for what she perceived as bad courtroom manners from the defendant.

'Will you say something in the microphone so that she can hear you and you can give her instructions about propriety in the court?' the judge said.

'I'm not going to spend all day with her interrupting me.'

At other points in the video, Ehrlich shouted at Twiggs, 'You've already said too much!' and admonished her for saying more than 'yes' or 'no.

Twiggs wasn't the only one verbally attacked by Ehrlich that day, either.

'She raised her voice to many defendants, berated the attorneys and was impatient and exasperated during the proceedings,' FInkelstein wrote in a letter to Chief Judge Jack Tuter, dated April 20.

'Judge Ehrlich's bullying continued into the next hearing, another misdemeanor allegation. The Judge was informed that Nefreteri Tamalo had no income and was a stay-at-home mother to her nine month old child,' he wrote.

'In making a bond determination, Judge Ehrlich stated that the father of Ms. Tamalo's infant was at home to care for the child. When a panicked and crying Ms. Tamalo tried to correct this mistake, the Judge angrily silenced her. As with the previous hearing, Judge Ehrlich would not listen to the defendant. Concerned about her child, Ms. Tamalo again tried to speak and the Judge yelled, "Ma'am, be quiet or be removed. Be quiet."'

He described Ehrlich's behavior as 'aggressive and tyrannical.'

Referring back to Ehrlich's treatment of Twiggs, who died following her encounter with the judge, Finkelstein's chief assistant noted the woman 'never had the opportunity to have her dignity restored.'

'All that was required was a bit of patience, and a bit of respect to allow this lady to speak, to gather herself and to breathe,' Weekes said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-wheelchair-court-DIES-three-days-later.html

Video in link

Meh, there really is no reason for these criminals to speak. That is why they are given attorneys.

I hate the judge cuz she sounds like a disgusting wench. I hate elderly white southerners just in general, but this one sounds especially bitch. Appears to be a ginger too. Gross.

Anyways, the judge does ask if shes okay, tries to get her water, she is mean as hell but she is looking out for her.

If the woman wasnt medically fit to attend this hearing, that's an issue for the jail staff. Why did they not conclude her breathing issues were this bad?

The judge grants the attorneys wishes not to put a monetary bond on her, give her pretrial release.

I honestly dont see what's so bad about this. The judge has zero patience, and is mean as shit, but she isnt treating anyone unfairly and actually does in fact go out of her way to ensure this woman knows what is going on and even ensures she is physically okay, even gets her water. Not sure what overly sensitive pussy shitheads are whining about this or crying foul, but they clearly are in the WRONG.

I disagree. If the defendants had been white & middle class, I highly doubt this judge would have been so demeaning. Judges are supposed to be fair & impartial and maintain decorum in the courtroom.

The Court of Judge Menopause is now in session.
She is having a seriously late hard run with the Change of Life.
Swinging and bitching at everyone.
Her mind is fogged on facts.
Asks a question but yells over the response.
An awful judge by all accounts.
Racist bitch cracker too "will you tell THESE PEOPLE"
WTF !

Get her some estrogen, mint julip and some solitude away from people.
Stick her with a fork.
Bitch is done and done.

Twiggs clan likely hoping for some kind of payout...not gonna happen.
Move on.

Last edited:
The Court of Judge Menopause is now in session.
She is having a seriously late hard run with the Change of Life.
Swinging and bitching at everyone.
Her mind is fogged on facts.
Asks a question but yells over the response.
An awful judge by all accounts.
Racist bitch cracker too "will you tell THESE PEOPLE"
WTF !

Get her some estrogen, mint julip and some solitude away from people.
Stick her with a fork.
Bitch is done and done.

Twiggs clan likely hoping for some kind of payout...not gonna happen.
Move on.

Omg that's the first thing I thought....menopause is hitting her hard!

What's with the menopause talk? Article says the woman is in her 60s. She dried up a long time ago, surely. Women dont tend to stay ripe that long.

I disagree. If the defendants had been white & middle class, I highly doubt this judge would have been so demeaning. Judges are supposed to be fair & impartial and maintain decorum in the courtroom.

And you base this on what?

The attorney here was a young white male, and she is mean as shit to him, couldnt have less patience. She snaps at him several times and i personally couldnt identify a good reason for it.

What's with the menopause talk? Article says the woman is in her 60s. She dried up a long time ago, surely. Women dont tend to stay ripe that long.

And you base this on what?

The attorney here was a young white male, and she is mean as shit to him, couldnt have less patience. She snaps at him several times and i personally couldnt identify a good reason for it.

I base it on medical facts.
Women are experiencing menopause far later as well as far more early in life now.
Changes in lifestyle, hormonal changes, environmental and dietary impacts all contribute.
Some women are hitting it in their 60's now.
A couple of great studies from both Harvard Medical School and the New England Journal of Medicine both lay it out pretty clearly.

Also you remark on the young attorney getting slapped around and that you don't know why.
Menopause.

"Professionalism and civility. Anything less will not be tolerated." Wonder what happened in the last 10 years, or does that not apply to her.

--Al

Huh? I was very clearly talking about the baseless racism accusation another user had made when i asked, "based on what". Learn to fucking read and follow a discussion.

Why don't you learn how to have a conversation and not just insult people.
The reason no one can follow your discussions are because they never are.
Instead, you just spout off unintelligent nonsense that you think sounds good, but really just punctuates your utter stupidity.
Also take your ill-mannered profanity and cram it
I do however like how you try to turn the narrative because your initial statement (as so often is the case with you) was proven wrong, exposing just how foolish a loudmouth and unthinking individual you are.

Oh and do learn English.
Your comprehension is subpar.
There was zero linguistic issue with the framing of my response Jack-off.
It was a response to your initial question "why the menopause talk".
I was telling you why, but of course you are too boorish to grasp that.

Back