• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
I am sure this story is already up somewhere. Please report to have combined, if you can find it.

A man who seriously injured a woman and her cousin by throwing acid into their car has been jailed for 16 years.

Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar had been out celebrating Ms Khan's 21st birthday on 21 June when they were attacked in Beckton, east London.

John Tomlin, 25, of Colman Road, Canning Town, admitted intentionally causing the pair grievous bodily harm.

Ms Khan told Snaresbrook Crown Court her birthday "turned into a day where my face was taken away from me".

"I have been looking at myself in the mirror it upsets me, it brings back the incident on the day, it doesn't look like me," she added in her victim impact statement.

Sentencing Tomlin, Judge Sheelagh Canavan said the injuries were "dreadful and life changing".

Mr Mukhtar, 37, who had to be placed in an induced coma, has permanent scarring to his head, neck and body and has lost hearing in one of his ears.

In his victim statement he told the court he suffers from depression and has tried to take his own life.

"I get flashbacks and am really worried to leave my house, constantly looking over my right shoulder fearing attacks," he added.

"I am mentally and physically scarred for life. I can't even have a relationship. It's enough dealing with myself."

Tomlin was arrested after handing himself in to the police a month after the attack and said in a police interview that he was "hearing voices in my head".

The victims had "no previous dealings" with their attacker and Judge Canavan previously described the assault as "somewhat random".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43838476

Could be wrong but I think Jack's looking for post surgical pics, not pics of the injuries. Injury pics tend to be messy and post reconstruction pics make the affected areas more noticeable in some cases.

There are a few photos here. She looks like she has a little pink-eye in her left eye, nothing hideous, and the left side of her chin looks like she might have exfoliated a little too vigorously.

--Al

Wow that recovery is impressive. I can’t imagine what this has been like for her. Still so beautiful, so sad she may never be able to believe that.

Back