• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
15cyf0i.jpg
This frame grab from undated video provided by the Coleman family shows married couple Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle, who went missing in Afghanistan in late 2012. Their families received two videos last year in which the couple asked the U.S. government to help free them from their Taliban captors.
The family of a pregnant American woman who went missing in Afghanistan in late 2012 with her Canadian husband received two videos last year in which the couple asked the U.S. government to help free them from Taliban captors
[....]
The videos offer the first and only clues about what happened to Caitlan Coleman and Joshua Boyle after they lost touch with their families 20 months ago while traveling in a mountainous region near the capital, Kabul.
[...]
officials investigating the couple's disappearance consider the videos authentic but say they hold limited investigative value since it's not clear when or where they were made.
[...]
were emailed to Coleman's father in July and September by an Afghan man who identified himself as having ties to the Taliban but who has been out of contact for several months. In one, a subdued Coleman — dressed in a conservative black garment that covers all but her face— appeals to "my president, Barack Obama" for help.

"I would ask that my family and my government do everything that they can to bring my husband, child and I to safety and freedom," the 28-year-old says in the other recording, talking into a wobbly camera while seated beside her husband, whose beard is long and untrimmed.

The families decided to make the videos public now, in light of the publicity surrounding the weekend rescue of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was freed from Taliban custody in exchange for the release of five high-level Taliban suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The families say they are disappointed that their children and grandchild were not freed as part of the same deal but are still holding out hope for the U.S. and Canadian governments to secure their release on humanitarian grounds.
It would be no more appropriate to have our government turn their backs on their citizens than to turn their backs on those who serve," Patrick Boyle, a Canadian judge and the father of Joshua Boyle, said in a telephone interview.
[...]
Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., asked Obama in a letter this week why other Americans still in the custody of Afghan militants were not included in the negotiation. The families say their children, though without political or military ties to the government, are prisoners just as Bergdahl was and should be recognized as "innocent tourists" and not penalized further for venturing into dangerous territory.

"They really and truly believed that if people were loved and treated with respect that that would be given back to them in kind," said Linda Boyle, Boyle's mother. "So as odd it as it may seem to us that they were there, they truly believed with all their heart that if they treated people properly, they would be treated properly."

Relatives describe the couple
[...]
after meeting online, as well-intentioned but naive adventure seekers.
They once spent months traveling through Latin America, where they lived among indigenous Guatemalans and where Boyle grew a long beard that led some children to call him "Santa Claus." The couple set off again in the summer of 2012 for a journey that took them to Russia; central Asian countries Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan; and finally to Afghanistan. With plans to return home in December ahead of Coleman's due date, they checked in regularly via email during their travels — expressing in their writings an awareness of the perils they faced — and toured the region,
[...]
The communication abruptly ended Oct. 8, 2012, after Boyle emailed from an Internet cafe in what he called an "unsafe" part of Afghanistan. The last withdrawals from the couple's bank account were made Oct. 8 and 9 in Kabul. Two months later, an Afghan official told the AP that the two had been abducted in Wardak Providence,
[...]
New hope emerged last year when an Afghan man who said he had Taliban connections contacted James Coleman, offering first audio recordings and, later,
[....]
Though the man said the recordings had been provided by the Taliban, he did not reveal what, if anything, the captors wanted and has not been in touch with the Colemans for months.

Meanwhile, the Boyles and Colemans regularly send letters in an effort to reach their children through a nongovernmental organization, but haven't received a response.

The families have not received any ransom demands and there are no clear signs of motive for their being held, but officials say the mere fact they were Westerners in hostile territory may have been reason enough.
Joshua Boyle was previously married to the sister of Omar Khadr, a Canadian man who spent 10 years at Guantanamo Bay after being captured
[....]
in a firefight at an al-Qaida compound in Afghanistan, but U.S. officials discount any link between that previous family tie and his capture. One called it a "horrible coincidence."

Two U.S. law enforcement officials described the investigation, speaking only on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly by name about the probe that is still underway.
[...]
each under two minutes long and featuring the couple seated in spare settings before cloth-draped backgrounds, contain no apparent clues — such as distinctive ethnic music — that might help investigators identify captors or locale. The videos do contain time stamps — one says May 20, 2013, and the other Aug. 20, 2013 — but officials say those notations can easily be manipulated.
[....]
the videos, in their low quality and lack of detail, bear some similarities to those the Taliban released about Bergdahl. They caution that while the videos establish beyond doubt that the couple were captured, they do not qualify as proof of life since there's no mention of current events that could help establish the time.

In addition to calling for government help, the couple in the videos recite names of their family members and certain contact information.
Just seeing her and seeing her face and hearing her, while it was very difficult, it was also something that relieved a lot of ambiguous anxieties and the fears," said Coleman's mother, Lyn.
Caitlan Coleman refers to her child in the videos, but no child is shown — a fact one U.S. official said was concerning. The grandparents say they don't know the name or gender of the child, who would be about 18 months old.

Even as he holds out hope, James Coleman frets about his daughter's health and a grandchild born into captivity in a foreign country.

"It's an event that just stands out. I think it cries to out to the world, 'This can't be. These people must be let go immediately,"
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...kidnap-videos-article-1.1816904#ixzz33hONHiaS
15yais5.jpg
Relatives describe the couple, who wed in 2011 after meeting online, as well-intentioned but naive adventure seekers.
29pvw9i.jpg

Caitlan Coleman, a U.S. citizen, and her Candian husband, Joshua Boyle, in summer 2012 began a journey that took them through Russia, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Afghanistan. They lost contact with their families in October that year.​

This is awful...a small child being brought up in captivity. This is going to effect this child terribly if the baby is not rescued or released with its parents. I'm sure the parents are suffering as well. I hope she received some type of medical care when she gave birth. Our government needs to step up to the plate and ensure this child is rescued. I'm ashamed that our government hasn't done more to help this couple and their child.

well-intentioned but naive adventure seekers

I have no words. You don't backpack through Afghanistan, morons!
It was 2012, there is no excuse for them not knowing the risks. If there wasn't innocent baby involved I'd say let them rot. Hope they get saved soon for the sake of the child.

What the fuck are American tourists doing in Afghanistan -- and a pregnant woman to boot?! :banghead:

@biteme isn't this ridiculous? ? What the fuck? They traded 5 idiots for 1 knowing that there are more in captivity! :banghead:

Emphasis on the word 'idiots.' :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Seriously, we should get the kid back and leave the parents to rot.

I was saying lastnight to my husband this is crazy they trade 5 high risk killers for a traitor
and these people are raising their baby as hostages by fanatical head chopping assholes

I am ashamed of our government for trading five psychopaths that are hell bent on killing American's...and will be even more so after being held by the US government for so many years and rescuing a man who was a traitor by by choice...walking away from his post in our own military...despite the fact he was inherently aware of the dangers and set up his own capture by Taliban forces....yet they leave a totally innocent infant and her parents who were not AS aware of the dangers and were naïve tourists to languish through the child's birth and 18 months of captivity without doing a damn thing to effect their rescue. I don't believe they don't know where they are being held. With all the money we put out to operate the CIA and military forces...I'm sure they are much easier to find than Bin Laden was!! Step up to the plate Mr. President and Congress!! This story has me beyond ticked off.

I am ashamed of our government for trading five psychopaths that are hell bent on killing American's...and will be even more so after being held by the US government for so many years and rescuing a man who was a traitor by by choice...walking away from his post in our own military...despite the fact he was inherently aware of the dangers and set up his own capture by Taliban forces....yet they leave a totally innocent infant and her parents who were not AS aware of the dangers and were naïve tourists to languish through the child's birth and 18 months of captivity without doing a damn thing to effect their rescue. I don't believe they don't know where they are being held. With all the money we put out to operate the CIA and military forces...I'm sure they are much easier to find than Bin Laden was!! Step up to the plate Mr. President and Congress!! This story has me beyond ticked off.
Oblunder hates America, he has been arming enemies releasing killers of Americans since he got in office
Just ask Eric gun smuggler to cartels Holder
Oblunder didn't send rescue troops to Benghazi, because they would've found out he gave those enemies the weapons they used to kill the Americans

I dont wanna sound like a bitch but Im not letting this couple off either
First traveling all over like that pregnant, anything could've happened
( my youngest decided to come meet us 3 months early)
and traveling through that area
that said I really hope they are released with that baby and realize how fucking stupid they were to even travel there

a letter this week why other Americans still in the custody of Afghan militants were not included in the negotiation.

There was no negotiation. Seriously... my preschooler could've gotten more in exchange for those five assholes, and he's not exactly what you'd call a master negotiator (give him a few years).

I'm convinced that the terrorists took a card from the Reagan playbook and refused to negotiate with Americans. They wanted their Fab Five back and offered Bergdahl, never dreaming we'd actually take them up on it. Meanwhile, Obama sees this as a golden opportunity to "bring the terrorists to the table" and let them see that America has changed over the past five years (under his guidance) and that as we withdraw from the Middle East we are also taking a step back from world leadership to become just another neighborhood in the ever-expanding "global community."

There was no negotiation. Seriously... my preschooler could've gotten more in exchange for those five assholes, and he's not exactly what you'd call a master negotiator (give him a few years).

I'm convinced that the terrorists took a card from the Reagan playbook and refused to negotiate with Americans. They wanted their Fab Five back and offered Bergdahl, never dreaming we'd actually take them up on it. Meanwhile, Obama sees this as a golden opportunity to "bring the terrorists to the table" and let them see that America has changed over the past five years (under his guidance) and that as we withdraw from the Middle East we are also taking a step back from world leadership to become just another neighborhood in the ever-expanding "global community."
My kids could train yours and in 48 hour's time they could have negotiated $, weapons, land and all of the Americans in captivity in exchange for those idiots.

What kind of idiot North Americans think that going to Afghanistan was a good idea?! You're not just risking yourself, you're risking your baby, you're risking any soldiers they might send to save your stupid ass and you risk your country's security by giving the enemy another pawn against them, for NO fucking reason.

Fucking hell are they morons.

This couple was only 20 yrs old...that's pretty young to me to know and fully understand the dangers involved with travel to some areas. Young people feel they are much more invincible and believe bad things only happen to other people. I was pretty naïve at that age too.

This couple was only 20 yrs old...that's pretty young to me to know and fully understand the dangers involved with travel to some areas.

I would agree if they were trekking through some Afrikan countries, or hell, even a country like Iran.
But not when it comes to Afghanistan, a county their own country had a very troubled relationship with for most of their lives! They should damn well know.

This couple was only 20 yrs old...that's pretty young to me to know and fully understand the dangers involved with travel to some areas. Young people feel they are much more invincible and believe bad things only happen to other people. I was pretty naïve at that age too.

I can't agree with that, 20 is perfectly old enough to know they were going to a region that is openly hostile to Americans and with which we have had ongoing conflicts for many years. That could be gleaned from internet headlines without ever watching a single news report.

To me this is somewhat akin to the idiots who go hiking in the middle of winter in parts of America which are extremely cold, snowy and icy then they get into trouble and we have to send search parties out looking for them. People complain then about tax payer money being wasted on people's follies when they should have known better than to put themselves in danger in the first place. I'm not saying we shouldn't try and bring them home if there is a way to do so which will not endanger any more Americans but I put the blame for their plight 100% on themselves for undertaking such a foolish journey in the first place.

What kind of idiot North Americans think that going to Afghanistan was a good idea?!

You make a good point there... I doubt radical Islamists would make much distinction between an American and a Canadian... or anyone of Western European origin, for that matter.

WESTERN TOURIST: "Hey wait, you're making a mistake... we're from Toronto!"

TERRORIST: "Whoops! Sorry about that. Off you go, then. Derka derka Mohammed jihad."

It was always painfully clear this piece of shit and his entire family are a bunch of nutter, America hating muslim terrorists. And here we have even more proof. Apparently he kidnapped and raped and threatened to kill somebody soon after making it back to civilization.

Curious if the victim was his wife. Did she try to leave him after finding the opportunity upon returning to the West?

No surprise he continued his rapey ways even after being separated from ISIS. You don't live that life and immerse yourself in that culture and then give it all up cold turkey when you find yourself in a society and culture that is actually opposed to such things.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...assault-death-threats/?utm_term=.458abc0916a5
[doublepost=1514952252,1514952216][/doublepost]DIdn't even attempt to make sure this wasn't a dupe btw. I didnt give a single shit!

I'm not a bit surprised. He seemed squirrelly, controlling and dangerous to me from the start. Way to go, Joshua Boyle.

While he did endure 5 years of captivity, he put himself and his pregnant wife in a very dangerous situation which, no big surprise, turned out badly. He seemed to be off even before they were captured.

Last edited:
From the link:
All of the offenses are alleged to have taken place in Ottawa between Oct. 14, shortly after the family’s arrival back in Canada, and Dec. 30.

Sure sounds like he's taking it out on his wife.

Also here...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ge-Boyle-charged-sex-assault-confinement.html

In a statement to the Toronto Star, Boyle's wife wrote: 'I can't speak about the specific charges, but I can say that ultimately it is the strain and trauma he was forced to endure for so many years and the effects that that had on his mental state that is most culpable for this.'

'Obviously, he is responsible for his own actions,' she added, 'but it is with compassion and forgiveness that I say I hope help and healing can be found for him. As to the rest of us, myself and the children, we are healthy and holding up as well as we can.'

Last edited:
Look at any new convert to a rigid belief system (especially Islam) and you'll see these strange eyes looking right at you to some degree.

imrs.php

OTTAWA — Joshua Boyle, the Canadian man who was freed after five years in Taliban captivity in October, has been arrested and charged with 15 criminal offenses, including sexual assault, uttering death threats and misleading police — all of which allegedly occurred after he returned to Canada with his family.

According to multiple Canadian media outlets, the 34-year-old Boyle first appeared in court on New Year’s Day in Ottawa and will remain in custody at least until a hearing Wednesday. All of the offenses are alleged to have taken place in Ottawa between Oct. 14, shortly after the family’s arrival back in Canada, and Dec. 30. A court order prevents publication of any information that would identify any victims or witnesses. Among the charges is causing an unidentified person to ingest “a noxious thing, namely Trazodone,” an antidepressant drug.

[...]

It has always been unclear what Boyle and his wife were doing in Afghanistan. In one interview, Boyle said that he and Coleman had decided to travel there “to fix things.” Although he once described himself to a friend as “a hippie, Mennonite love child,” Boyle had long been fascinated by radical Islam and was married for a time to Zaynab Khadr, an elder sister of Omar Khadr, the Pakistani-Canadian who as a 15-year-old was arrested and charged with killing an American soldier in Afghanistan.

[...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...assault-death-threats/?utm_term=.a583bd7504b8
Why is it that many coverts frin one extreme belief system to the polar opposite? I have a friend who for most of her life was self, proclaimed "Feminist, Anarchist, Atheist, Communist" who converted to Islam, you know, the most misogynistic, rule-following religion invented by a capitalist.

Last edited:
I have a friend who for most of her life was self, proclaimed "Feminist, Anarchist, Atheist, Communist" who converted to Islam, you know, the most misogynistic, rule-following religion invented by a capitalist.

Has she expressed why she thinks this is a good idea? Of course, no matter which monotheistic religion you go with it's going to be "woman" who fucked things up for everyone from back there in the beginning. Why would a feminist want anything to do with any of them?

Oh great so now he is here spreading his horseshit and breaking the law.
Send him back to his captors in a box with a remote detonator and 50 pounds of C-4
in his hollowed out body.

March 20 2018

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/03/20/pco...s-under-investigation-before-trudeau-meeting/

[...]
The Privy Council Office says it was not aware former Taliban captive Joshua Boyle was under police investigation before he and his family met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The information from PCO was obtained via an order paper question submitted to the House of Commons by Conservative MP Jamie Schmale.

“The Privy Council Office was made aware on January 1st, 2018, that Joshua Boyle had been arrested and charged by the Ottawa Police Service for several Criminal Code offences,” it reads.

Trudeau met with Boyle, his American wife Caitlan Coleman, and their three children in his Parliament Hill office on Dec. 18.

On Dec. 30, Ottawa police laid 15 criminal charges against Boyle, including eight counts of assault, two counts of sexual assault, two counts of unlawful confinement and one count each of misleading police, uttering a death threat and administering a noxious substance.

The charges are related to incidents alleged to have occurred between Oct. 14 — one day after the Boyle family arrived back in Canada after five years of captivity in Afghanistan — and Dec. 30.
[...]
Trudeau loves to insert himself into these kind of situations, often with embarrassing results. And usually including complaints about how much money he spends for frivolous photo ops....
As opposed to working in his office on issues of national importance.
Canadian Taxpayers forked out around $67,000 on security for the single day he met with former hostage Joshua Boyle on December 18, 2016.

A report from La Presse says Justin Trudeau’s security detail costs around $2 million per month, which translates to just under $67,000 per day.

But apparently Trudeau’s security detail didn’t know that Joshua Boyle was under investigation during their meeting.

OOPS!

The charges are related to incidents alleged to have occurred between Oct. 14 — one day after the Boyle family arrived back in Canada after five years of captivity in Afghanistan — and Dec. 30.
[...]

He started all this ONE day after returning from his 5 years of captivity? Damn he must have been very eager to get his very own harem started.

He started all this ONE day after returning from his 5 years of captivity? Damn he must have been very eager to get his very own harem started.

I think the crimes were committed on his wife. She was in a free country where she could say no to him and he wasn't having any of that.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...ostage-joshua-boyle-to-take-2-more-weeks.html
Mar 26, 2018
Another two weeks are needed to complete a psychiatric assessment of former Afghanistan hostage Joshua Boyle, who faces several assault charges.

Boyle dialled in via telephone to a brief court hearing today, and his next appearance is slated for April 9 via video conference.

Lawrence Greenspon, a lawyer for Boyle, told the court in late January that an initial evaluation found his client fit to stand trial, but added that he would benefit from a fuller assessment at a mental health centre in Brockville, Ont.

[...]
The charges against the 34-year-old relate to two alleged victims, but a court order prohibits the publication of any details that might identify them or any witnesses.
[...]

Back