• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A bedridden obese woman has been found alive but decomposing in her own home as maggots and cockroaches ate the dying, blackened flesh on her legs.

The woman, who has not been named, was discovered by fire department officials in her home in Sugar Hill, Georgia on March 15.

Authorities were responding to reports that the woman had fallen out of consciousness when they found her close to death and lying in her own feces.

Her husband Terry Sorrell, 54, and 18-year-old son Christian Sorrell have since both been charged with neglect of a disabled or elderly person.

Gwinnett County Fire & Emergency Services crews had taken the woman home from a local hospital about a month ago.

They had to use a stretcher known as a MegaMover, which includes a tarp-like plastic white sheet, because of her weight.

When the emergency crews arrived at the home last week, they noticed the woman was still lying on the same white sheet but it had turned black and brown due to filth and her feces.

Authorities said the woman's legs showed signs of decomposition and dead tissue given parts of her flesh had turned black.

An incident report stated that cockroaches and maggots were eating her flesh.

The woman's son told authorities that she had been bedridden for two years and had progressively gotten worse.

Her son and husband are her primary caretakers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...obese-woman-rotten-legs-infested-maggots.html
[doublepost=1521581535,1521581502][/doublepost]
4A618A4800000578-5524413-image-a-29_1521577647610.jpg
4A618A4300000578-5524413-image-m-28_1521577642131.jpg

The second example of elder neglect seen here on DD this week. Were these women conscious? Were they communicating their needs? What the hell were the neglectful caretakers saying?

How do you ignore bugs eating your Mother's flesh? What does it take to reach out to Social Services, or even just 911?

Oh my god :eek:! How could they let her just lay there and be eaten by bugs. That's right out of a horror movie.

They were torturers
neglecters.
Sure as snot they were anything but caregivers.
Pulverize their knees with sledgehammers.

The second example of elder neglect seen here on DD this week.
I thought this might be a dupe. Then I saw the same poster put them both up, and would know if she was duplicating posts.

Two. In one week.

What. The. Fuck.

--Al

People are weird ...remember that lady who stayed in the bathroom so long the toilet seat was embedded in her skin ... I bet this was kind of like that. She had a boy friend, and he was her care giver too, but she wanted to stay in there. I would have a hard time being a caregiver to someone who didn't want my care.
People are strange ...

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2008/03/...o-years-refusing-to-help-medical-authorities/

In the link they're questioning if a crime was ever committed and I have to say ... I'm not sure.
She wanted to stay in the bathroom ... he didn't make her.

Last edited:
People are weird ...remember that lady who stayed in the bathroom so long the toilet seat was embedded in her skin ... I bet this was kind of like that. She had a boy friend, and he was her care giver too, but she wanted to stay in there. I would have a hard time being a caregiver to someone who didn't want my care.
People are strange ...

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2008/03/...o-years-refusing-to-help-medical-authorities/

In the link they're questioning if a crime was ever committed and I have to say ... I'n not sure.
She wanted to stay in the bathroom ... he didn't make her.
But the very least he could have done is contact her doctor and let him know what was going on

Why was she discharged from hospital in the state she was in?

She apparently wasn't released in that condition since the ambulance crew recognized the sheet as being the same one they used when bringing her home a month ago. Her condition deteriorated rapidly at home without any care at all

My neighbor has Guillan-Barre and has been taken to the hospital numerous times just to stabilize him from various infections including bed sores. The hospital gets these things under control primarily. My neighbor has home health people coming around all the time, so he has a lot more support than the poor woman in the article. I'm not sure why she also didn't have that if she was disabled and sick. Maybe the family has to ask for it.

But the very least he could have done is contact her doctor and let him know what was going on

I'm not sure who you're talking about ... the lady that was feeding the maggots and cockroaches from the filth that was her body or the toilet seat lady ... but either of their Doctors could have also reached out with a concern about a patient that they haven't seen for a while. Sent the police out for a welfare check. The kids from Dominoes Pizza did when their very regular customer stopped showing up.
https://globalnews.ca/news/2692397/...customers-life-after-he-misses-regular-order/

I'm not sure who you're talking about ... the lady that was feeding the maggots and cockroaches from the filth that was her body or the toilet seat lady ... but either of their Doctors could have also reached out with a concern about a patient that they haven't seen for a while. Sent the police out for a welfare check. The kids from Dominoes Pizza did when their very regular customer stopped showing up.
https://globalnews.ca/news/2692397/...customers-life-after-he-misses-regular-order/

That's pretty cool about Domino's checking on the guy. He probably shouldn't eat so many pizza's though really.

In their defense, theres not exactly a lot that can be done for someone like this. Also, it could have been hard to notice exactly how rotted out she was gettin

True

I stand by my remarks though ... people are fucked.
I bet some people are really hard to care for. There was one lady (a story here) that fell down and I think one of her kids or maybe it was her husband tried to initially help her ... but she didn't want it ... who ever was trying to help eventually gave up ... left her there, just like she wanted because people are bent like that. Not the helpers ...but the people that need it sometimes.

On at least two occasions someone called for help for the obese lady, so I can't blame the people that tried from here. Oh well ... in a house of misery, at least the maggots and roaches were happy!

Back