• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-16-year-allegedly-beats-friend-death-baseball/story?id=53870910

A 16-year-old Florida boy is suspected of beating his friend to death with a baseball bat, authorities said, alleging that the teen was jealous of his friend's relationship with a girl.

Police say the suspect persuaded friend Giovanni Diaz, 15, to go into a wooded area Monday afternoon, where the teen "viciously beat and killed Giovanni with a baseball bat," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference Monday. He hit Giovanni at least nine times, Judd added.

As the suspect emerged from the woods, authorities say he told a witness, "I hit my friend with a baseball bat," according to Sheriff Judd.

The witness told the teen to go home and call 911, Judd said. The suspect did so, allegedly confessing to hitting his friend with the bat, Judd said. After he dialed 911, police say the teen agave an "elaborate" defense about protecting himself, which Sheriff Judd called a lie.

The teen allegedly told a responding officer that he had "wailed" on his friend with a bat, Judd said, and the suspect was taken into custody.

At a news conference today, Judd called the beating premeditated; he said Giovanni had "relations" with a girl the suspect liked and "that made him mad."

Police say the suspect told someone several days ago, "I wonder what it's like to murder someone," Judd said today.

The sheriff has released the suspect’s name but ABC News is not naming him because he is a minor.

The suspect is home-schooled while Giovanni, an eighth-grader, attended a middle school, but both lived in the same community, Judd said. The "suspect referred to them as friends," Judd said, adding that they had known each other for a long time.

The alleged victim "has absolutely no previous run-ins with the law," Judd said, but the suspect was charged two years ago with two counts of battery for allegedly battering two people, including Giovanni.

The suspect also was charged with domestic battery last year for allegedly battering his father, Judd said.

The suspect has been charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of possession of marijuana. Police are requesting that he be tried as an adult; the State Attorney’s Office will make that decision at a later time, Judd said.

There is something SO wrong with so many members of the younger generation. They are very defective.

This is what a Nanny State gets you.
Kids with no coping mechanisms for dealing with loss or denial.
When you give kids everything they feel entitled to everything.
The parents did nothing to actually raise the maniac.

Inability to reason over disagreement.
Instead the default setting is hurt it until I win and get my way.
Fuckstain should have been in lock up for going after dad with the bat a year ago.
How much you wanna bet the parents could not bear to think of their muffin in stir with actual criminals...GASP!
Now someone is dead, over a girl that likely wanted nothing to do with Louisville Sluggo.

Raise your kids.
If they are fucked in the head, get them help.
Most of all if they present a danger to themselves or others,
get them off the streets.

I agree with Sejanus, and the parents should bear some of the blame, but I also think our schools are partly to blame as well. When everyone gets a trophy, kids never learn to face disappointment, or defeat, things kids used to be forced to learn just by living in the world and going to school. If kids are never taught (by school or parents), that not only can they lose, but they can survive it just fine, and it can even help build character, then the kids have no experience with or preparation for the disappointments and bumps in the road that are part of real life. So when those disappointments happen, their reaction is disproportionate and way over the top.

I feel bad for the little girl, poor thing had a crush on a boy and he got beat to death because of it, hope she gets to talk to someone cause no doubt she's gonna need it

@cubby

Dillen Murray, 16, lured his friend, 15-year-old Giovanni Diaz, to a wooded area in Lake Wales on Monday afternoon, according to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.

Judd said that the boys had gone in the woods presumably to play.

Text messages obtained by Polk County Sheriff's deputies indicate that Murray asked Diaz to go to the woods with him to smoke marijuana, according to WFLA-TV.

Diaz agreed and the two set a time for Monday afternoon to hang out in the wooded area.

While in the woods, Diaz is said to have brought up the topic of a girl he had been involved with romantically.

According to Judd, Murray was enraged when he learned that a few years ago Diaz had 'relations' with another girl that Murray had liked.

'It so angered Dillen because he was "in love" with this young lady who didn't like him at all,' Judd said.

While in the woods, Murray grew so enraged when the topic came up that he allegedly began to hit Diaz with an aluminum tee-ball bat.

The force of the blows were so severe that the bat was dented and covered with blood, Sheriff Judd said.

the sheriff said Murray told investigators that he 'wanted to make sure the victim was not going to talk bad about the girl he loves anymore.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5521459/Sheriff-Teen-fatally-beats-friend-bat-calls-911.html

4A62501B00000578-5521459-a_jealous_rage_after_he_learned_his_victim_had_relations_with_a_-a-7_1521590842575.jpg

Giovanni Diaz, 15
4A62501700000578-5521459-image-a-5_1521590451220.jpg
Dillen Murray, 16

@Brillig I agree with all of your sentiments. His behavior, though, I think is far beyond the norm for coddled, sneuflake teens. (If this is the new norm, then heaven help us all.) In Dillen's case, the policies-in-place have proven inadequate (YET again) to handle disturbed individuals who are too violent for the public school system yet not violent enough for psychiatric or criminal incarceration. It's like the mental health system is set to underestimate violent psychiatric youth patients until they harm others, and even if they did, toss them back into society and care of their parents until they end up killing someone or shoot up a school.

I believe that Dillen would have been best served living in-patient in a psychiatric setting under the care of mental health professionals. But that isn't the way we do things. Instead, we hand aggressive-leaning-violent children with a whole head of disorders back to incompetent parents with a bottle of pills and tell them to deal with it.

Here's my 14 year old with the present he got from his friends last Christmas. This bat would hurt. Yes, those are 12 inch Galvanized steel spike nails through it. It would do quite a bit of damage.

IMG_20171221_163301893.jpg

I agree with Sejanus, and the parents should bear some of the blame, but I also think our schools are partly to blame as well. When everyone gets a trophy, kids never learn to face disappointment, or defeat, things kids used to be forced to learn just by living in the world and going to school. If kids are never taught (by school or parents), that not only can they lose, but they can survive it just fine, and it can even help build character, then the kids have no experience with or preparation for the disappointments and bumps in the road that are part of real life. So when those disappointments happen, their reaction is disproportionate and way over the top.
I agree with most of this, but it’s the parents who demand everyone gets a trophy. That started in sporting activities, and it’s ridiculous.

Except this particular defective was home-schooled .....

There is something SO wrong with so many members of the younger generation. They are very defective.

Yeah ... They're Motherless, or home schooled.
[doublepost=1521717284,1521716938][/doublepost]
I'm pretty fucking sure that boys this age of this generation do NOT go into the woods to PLAY.

Wait a second ... Sometimes I'll get a text on my way out the door to go running
(in the woods, easily my favourite place) and I'll respond back ... I'm going out to play ... and I'm 46. Everyone should play !!!

Yeah because people were never violent and no one ever did anything horrible until we started handing out trophies. Since the dawn of man every one was tough and self reliant and kind and tolerant until video games and people stopped back handing their kids for every misstep. Man, wish someone would take us back to the good old days.

Christ, I can't with you fuckers today.
Yep. It's the gun's fault.

Either his parents beat him too much or not enough. If only there was a way to know the magic number of beatings a child can take that makes them be a super tough, fiscally conservative, morally upstanding, patriotic, straight, gun loving, red blooded American and not a psychotic murdering creep. Maybe the government should make some camps, do some tests, see exactly how much beating a child needs to be normal and not a terrorist. Because fuck letting a child grow up being free thinking and compassionate with a closet full of trophies. Gross.
If I could remember how many beating I got growing up, I'd telling you that magic number.

Not sure with this boy, but I don’t agree with homeschooling your kids— unless maybe your family is castaway on a deserted island. Kids need to interact with a lot of people to understand they are not the center of the universe and things often won’t go your way. The more people you interact with, the better you get at it.

Dec 3, 2021
The man who prosecutors said brutally beat his friend to death with a baseball bat when they were both teenagers in Polk County was sentenced to 60 years behind bars on Friday, more than three years after he was charged with murder.

Dillen Murray was 16 years old when he was arrested for murdering his friend, 15-year-old Giovanni Diaz. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at the the time that the killing was premeditated and motivated by jealousy over a girl Murray said he loved.
The court announced its decision Friday, sentencing Murray – who is now 20 – to 60 years in Florida State Prison followed by 20 years of probation. According to the order, an individualized judicial review of the sentence will be allowed after 25 years.

Back