• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...t-may-belong-to-woman-missing-since-1966.html

Police investigating a 52-year-old missing person cold case have found skeletal remains beneath a home in Long Island’s wine country.

The remains are believed to be those of Louise Pietrewicz, who was 38 in 1966 when she disappeared, leaving behind an 11-year-old daughter, The Suffolk Times reported.

Suffolk County homicide detectives on Monday dug up a burlap bag wrapped around the remains in the basement of a North Fork home that once belonged to Pietrewicz’s married boyfriend, the weekly paper reported. William Boken, a former Town of Southold cop, died in 1982.

“I was in shock,” Pietrewicz’s daughter Sandy Blampied told the paper after being told about the discovery. “It’s hard to believe. It hit home after 51 years.”

Boken’s ex-wife, Judith Terry, directed police to the basement of the home, where she said a body wrapped in burlap was buried soon after Pietrewicz’s family reported her missing, the paper reported.

“I said from the beginning Judy Boken Terry was the key,” Blampied said. "I said, ‘She knows.’ And she did.”

The Suffolk Times published a lengthy special section on the Cutchogue woman’s disappearance last October that prompted police to reopen the missing person case.

The basement had been searched and parts of it dug up in 2013 with no results, Suffolk police said Monday in a news release.

Detectives conducted the new search using ground penetrating sonar to guide them on where to dig.

“The remains were taken to the Office of the Suffolk County Medical Examiner to determine the identity and cause of death,” the news release said.

A Suffolk police spokeswoman said detectives would release more information on the case at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/...tigating-1966-cold-case-find-skeletal-remains

Sandra was 11 years old when she last saw her mother.

"I had some thoughts that something bad had happened to her but didn't really know what had happened," she said.

Sandra said Boken was was "very abusive."

"He was psychotic and he was crazy. Funny how he got to be a cop, right?" Sandra said. When asked if she was upset that he could never be prosecuted she replied, "No, I think he's being prosecuted right now where he is."

Although DNA testing must still be completed, Sandra believes the remains belong to her mother and now she can rest in peace.

"Thank God they found her and now she can be with me for the rest of my life," she said.

Now this post is in the thread it belongs in.

Holy moley.
Can you imagine living in that house?
Talk about some great conversation starters!

Maybe his wife was waiting until he died. I have no idea why she would protect the cheating, murderous asshole. For all we know, though, she may have masterminded the killing in a "make that bitch disappear or I'll get a divorce and take everything you've got" sort of way.

William Boken, a former Town of Southold cop, died in 1982.

What do you think made her wait 36 more years after he died? I can guess it's because she is scared that she'll be named as an accomplice. As she should, because he couldn't possibly be controlling her 36 years after he died.

Boken’s ex-wife, Judith Terry, directed police to the basement of the home, where she said a body wrapped in burlap was buried soon after Pietrewicz’s family reported her missing, the paper reported.

Oh wow ... so she was there all long and the police didn't look very hard the first time and her daughter is making statements like this.

"Thank God they found her and now she can be with me for the rest of my life," she said.

Which is so sweet, but the years in-between ... So sad.

Maybe his wife was waiting until he died. I have no idea why she would protect the cheating, murderous asshole. For all we know, though, she may have masterminded the killing in a "make that bitch disappear or I'll get a divorce and take everything you've got" sort of way.
this was what I was thinking and how convenient to place it all on him when it fact she could have killed her & he helped dispose of corpse

Why has she not been charged yet?

Back