• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Detectives with the Charleston Police Department have arrested a woman who they allege was involved in the abuse and neglect of her elderly mother.

According to a release, Peggy Quesenberry, 41, was arrested and charged with abuse or neglect of an incapacitated adult.

Police say the victim is Quesenberry’s 75-year-old mother, who is now in stable but critical condition at a local hospital.

The incident occurred at the shared home of the suspect and victim, near the 600 block of Chelyan Drive in Charleston.

According to the criminal complaint, on March 6, Peggy called 911, saying her mother was having “shortness of breath and loss of appetite”. Upon arrival of first responders, they saw “unlivable conditions” that consisted of bugs, trash, and feces everywhere.

Peggy’s mother, Judy, was lying in her bed covered in feces and urine. Peggy, who claimed she was her mother’s primary caregiver, told first responders that her mother’s condition had deteriorated since Friday, the complaint states.

First responders attempted to move Judy. She was “bonded to the blanket on the bed and her head was stuck to her arm. Insects came flying out of the blankets when they rolled her to her side, and they observed severe bedsores on her right side.”

The complaint states that the mattress was indented from her lying on it.

According to medical personnel, Judy had numerous conditions that included but were not limited to severe sepsis, dehydration, multiple areas of skin breakdown, respiratory failure and pneumonia.

During questioning, Peggy told detectives that she had known about her mother’s condition for months and did not alert medical professionals. She stated she was her mother’s only caregiver.

She also told detectives that her mother had not seen a doctor or other medical professional for approximately eight years.

The complaint states that CAMC General Hospital personnel informed detectives that Judy’s last hospital visit was in 2003.
http://wavy.com/2018/03/09/daughter...ther-details-something-out-of-a-horror-movie/
wv.jpg

"Hospital personnel informed detectives that Judy’s last hospital visit was in 2003."
That's a ridiculously long time.

Just cannot understand how an adult human could allow their mother to suffer like this, I didn't particularly like my mother but I wouldn't have allowed her to suffer like that.

Last edited:
Why? I haven't had a hospital visit since 1990. Should my wife go to jail?
Sorry I guess I interpreted it as that being the last medical intervention of any kind. Yes if it was the last ER or inpatient treatment she could have just been ridiculously healthy. If she wasn't being seen by any doctor that's questionable.

Aug 30, 2018

Peggy Nanette Quesenberry, 41, admitted Thursday that she didn’t give her incapacitated mother proper care, ultimately leading to her mother’s death.

Quesenberry pleaded guilty to one count of neglect causing death in Kanawha Circuit Court as part of a plea deal.

Charleston police arrested Quesenberry on March 8, two days after emergency medical personnel found 75-year-old Judy Quesenberry in her home along Crestlyn Drive bonded to the blanket in her bed, with her head stuck to her arm. The bed was covered in feces and urine and among waist-high piles of trash, according to the criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.

Once emergency responders took Judy Quesenberry to Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital, doctors diagnosed her with severe sepsis, dehydration, respiratory failure, pneumonia and multiple areas of severe skin breakdown, police said.

Quesenberry told Circuit Judge Tod Kaufman she waited too long to call for help for her mother and neglected to provide her the care she needed.

“I realize now, looking back, that I should’ve gotten help sooner than I did,” Quesenberry said.

In exchange for pleading guilty, Kanawha Assistant Prosecuting Attorney J.C. MacCallum agreed to drop a charge of abuse or neglect of an incapacitated adult causing bodily injury.

MacCallum recommended a sentence of 8 years in prison for Quesenberry, who will be sentenced on Nov. 1.
https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/...cle_a631f74c-b5a1-5a25-9edc-f161a5e6b37a.html

Hopefully, she won't ever again be "caring" for incapacitated adults and ends up neglected when he time comes.

Nov 1, 2018
Judy Quesenberry died earlier this year as a result of neglect by her daughter, and Quesenberry’s sister told a judge Thursday that she must cope every day with the “horrendous” nature of her sister’s death.

Calling it a “sad and sorrowful case,” Kanawha Circuit Judge Tod Kaufman sentenced Peggy Nanette Quesenberry to 10 years in prison for fatally neglecting her mother.
Judy Quesenberry died in March, days after her daughter called 911 to get her medical treatment. Peggy Quesenberry, 42, pleaded guilty in August to one count of felony neglect causing death.

Jean Hawks, Judy Quesenberry’s sister, said she twice notified Adult Protective Services of her concerns for her sister’s well being, but service workers twice said Judy Quesenberry was able to satisfactorily answer their questions.
When authorities notified Hawks of her sister’s hospitalization in March, Hawks said the investigating officer in her sister’s case recommended she not go to the hospital to see her because “no family member should see another family member in that condition.”

“I have to carry that the rest of my life, the horrible death my sister suffered, and how long did she suffer before Peggy finally called someone?” Hawks said during Thursday’s hearing.

Peggy Quesenberry was arrested two days after emergency medical personnel found her 75-year-old mother in their home along Crestlyn Drive bonded to the blanket in her bed, with her head stuck to her arm. The bed was covered in feces and urine and among waist-high piles of trash, according to the criminal complaint filed in Kanawha County Magistrate Court.

Doctors at Charleston Area Medical Center General Hospital diagnosed Judy Quesenberry with severe sepsis, dehydration, respiratory failure, pneumonia and multiple areas of severe skin breakdown.
Peggy Quesenberry told Kaufman she regretted what happened to her mother.

“If I could go back, I would do more different,” she said. “I would get help earlier.”

Back