• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I couldn't get the video to play .. :(

In any case, it's interesting to know, they weren't that isolated if they had computer access ..
They knew about Youtube and Instagram..
Maybe these kids/adults know more than what we've been told ..
Totally agree with you Myra. You nailed it

They knew of YouTube and Instagram (must have been exposed on the Disney Trips) but had no idea what a policeman or medication was.

It's entirely possible that these kids didn't scream for help because they didn't know they needed help.

As isolated as they were, they may very well have thought the life they were living was normal. Because they had nothing to compare their life with.

They were not allowed to know anything that mom and dad didn't want them to know Which was just about everything.

Couldn't make a YouTube video that included help! Get me out of here! ?!

IDK if she was the same child who ran away once before and was just returned to the home, but as the escape was 2 years in planning, the one who made the YouTube videos may not have wanted to tip off any plans if her videos were somehow discovered by the parents.

Nice update on the older kids. One thing I picked up in the article is that the kids had never had any fresh food. All food that they ate (if they did eat) was frozen food:

Cooking Mexican food, watching Star Wars, and reuniting with their dogs: The 'House of Horrors' adult children get their first taste of freedom after leaving hospital for new rural home
  • Seven of the 13 siblings allegedly abused by David and Louise Turpin have been released from the Corona Regional Medical Center
  • Had been at the hospital since their rescue from the Perris, CA home in January
  • Lawyer said the adult children are enjoying picking their own bedding, having their own closet space, and eating fresh foods
  • Were allegedly abused, starved, imprisoned for years in their California home
  • David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty to charges of torture, abuse of a dependent adult, child abuse and false imprisonment from 2010 until present

Read Full Story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ve-hospital-new-rural-home.html#ixzz5ADoJWcCm

So nice to hear they are happy and loving their freedom and new experiences. Also nice to know they are now in their own home without the restrictions and fear and I can almost feel their excitement at picking out their own bedroom sets and decorations.

I do wonder if they know this thread exists?
Not likely. They are probably just learning how to internet.

That would make things very interesting. However I'm sure that even though they are all well past legal age they probably have a court appointed "minder" or custodian to make sure they are not taken advantage of or exploited in any way. I would imagine they are all still very naïve at this point.

http://www.oxygen.com/the-turpin-13...he-turpin-13-family-secrets-exposed-hosted-by
Oxygen Media, the destination for high quality crime programming, premieres a new two-hour special, “The Turpin 13: Family Secrets Exposed” on Saturday, April 28 at 6pm ET/PT. Hosted and executive produced by Emmy® and Peabody Award winning journalist Soledad O’Brien, the special will take viewers on a deep dive into the story surrounding the Turpin family and the parents, David and Louise, who have been charged with keeping their children shackled and starved within the four walls of their own Perris, California home. Retracing the family’s past and present, O’Brien will go beyond the shocking headlines to ask how far back the family’s secrets go and how the alleged abuse was kept hidden for so long.
[....]

I'm more interested in the court case ..
I don't think we'll learn that much from the tv special ..

Most information won't come out until the trial ..
We've already read all the information released to date ..

This show will feature her sisters and his family ..
No one knew anything was going on....they seemed so normal ....yeah right ..

I hope they televise this trial, if they do I'll be as glued to the TV for this as I was for Caylee. The facts are going to be SOOOOO interesting. The relatives are not going to know anything that we don't, they just want their 15 minutes of fame and the they pay it to do the news show.

I hope they televise this trial, if they do I'll be as glued to the TV for this as I was for Caylee. The facts are going to be SOOOOO interesting. The relatives are not going to know anything that we don't, they just want their 15 minutes of fame and the they pay it to do the news show.

<3 where we first met ..
We've been here ever since .. :hug:

After watching the trial, what was your immediate reaction to the Caylee verdict?

I wanted to throw something, preferrably something sharp at Cindy Anthony face, and then at Casey.

After watching the trial, what was your immediate reaction to the Caylee verdict?
My mouth fell open and I was shocked!
I was depressed for a couple of weeks too ..
[doublepost=1524014134,1524013970][/doublepost]
I wanted to throw something, preferrably something sharp at Cindy Anthony face, and then at Casey.
Then the jury of asshole, retards AND don't forget that fucking clown, Baez, he could have used a good smack down ..

The reason I wanted to stab Cindy was because she is grand manipulator and Casey is her very good student.

The apple doesn't fall far from it's poisonous tree.

I watched a few minutes of some interview Cindy and George did recently and she still is wearng the pants and calling the shots, I wouldn't be surprised if George killed her one day.

She is one person I think really and truly needs killing, she's #1 and Casey is #2.

I never watched the trial until last year ... but when I heard the verdict I thought wow she dodged a bullet ... years later when I watched the trial I thought the jury got it right ... Casey and Caylee loved each other ... it was obvious, And all of her friends said so during the trial ... Caylee was funny ... Caylee was smart ... she could read ... she could tell jokes. She had a harmonious relationship with her mom. I think every single person told the truth in that trial except George Anthony. I think George was a predator and Cindy enabled him and Casey and Caylee were the unfortunate victims of both of them.

Casey is her very good student.

Baez said that in the trial ... no one should be surprised that Casey lied to the police ... she had being keeping secrets all of her life.

I've heard people try to defend George Anthony and I have to give a big eye roll to that ... because at some point is was being considered that he just might have been Caylee's Dad too ...and we've hung out here long enough to know that it happens.
[doublepost=1524022346,1524022298][/doublepost]
Casey is #2.

Why Casey ... she was a victim too.
[doublepost=1524022589][/doublepost]
You are quite alone in what you think.

I think I have twelve people on my side ... She was facing the death penalty and not one person on that jury was prepared to kill her after all the testimony was presented in court. Not one!
[doublepost=1524022849][/doublepost]I'm looking forward to this trial ... I might watch the show ... I might not. It might be too tabloid for me ... and these kids are already abused.

looking forward to this trial ... I might watch the show ... I might not. It might be too tabloid for me ... and these kids are already abused.
I’d be interested in the trial but I’ll feel sleazy if the kids are being exploited.
[doublepost=1524080192,1524080082][/doublepost]
You are quite alone in what you think.
I was always under the impression that Baez had the family lie about George abusing Casey because the parents had always protected Casey from the consequences of her actions.

Back