• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
An Oklahoma woman who tied the knot with her mom pleaded guilty to committing incest.

Misty Spann, 26, was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years in prison — the maximum penalty — for the marriage to her biological mother, Tulsa World reported.

The defendant, who is from Duncan, was set to stand trial but instead entered a guilty plea Tuesday for last year’s nuptials to mom Patricia Ann Spann.

Misty was raised by her grandmother after her 44-year-old mother lost custody of her three kids.

Her mom told authorities that the pair reconnected in 2014 and “hit it off.”

In March 2016, the mother-daughter duo took their taboo relationship to the next level and got hitched, according to a marriage license application.

Patricia Spann said that she didn’t think the nuptials broke any laws because she was no longer listed as a parent on her daughter’s birth certificate.

Their incestuous marriage was discovered by authorities during a child welfare investigation, the Associated Press reported.

This was not the first marriage for Patricia.

She also was married to her biological son in 2008 in Comanche County, according to Tulsa World. The marriage was annulled 15 months later after the son said it was incestuous.

Patricia also was charged with incest in the case and is scheduled to appear in court in January.

http://nypost.com/2017/11/09/woman-accused-of-marrying-mom-pleads-guilty/

That genetic attraction or whatever it is aside, some folks just have absolutely no moral compass. If they do, it always seems to point in the wrong direction!

I wonder where dear old dad is in all this.
Lets face it, if not for incest none of these ugly mutts is gettin' any.
I say lets take it to the limit.
Force breed them in captivity until we create a really horrific offspring with 9 arms, 3 legs, two heads an a prehensile tail.

As much as this is gross (both because they're family and not that pleasant on they eyes), I don't understand why this is still illegal. I understand the dangers of inbreeding, but two adult chicks "oscillating the unmentionables" don't have that problem. With marriage equality and no chance of producing retarded spawn, what's the issue here?

Married the son. Then, married the daughter. :/. I understand trying to keep the family together, but couldn't they just go out for a cheeseburger and mini golf?

As much as this is gross (both because they're family and not that pleasant on they eyes), I don't understand why this is still illegal. I understand the dangers of inbreeding, but two adult chicks "oscillating the unmentionables" don't have that problem. With marriage equality and no chance of producing retarded spawn, what's the issue here?
Even as an adult, a parent and child aren't equals. Incest is extremely and inherently dysfunctional, therefore it's very damaging to the participants. This increases many societal problems like domestic violence and drug addiction. That's why it's illegal.

Even as an adult, a parent and child aren't equals. Incest is extremely and inherently dysfunctional, therefore it's very damaging to the participants. This increases many societal problems like domestic violence and drug addiction. That's why it's illegal.
Hell, if we outlawed all activities that increased societal problems we wouldn't be able to do a damn thing. Besides the reproduction problems (which is not at issue here), the real reason this is illegal is its icky and its prohibited in the bible, both are which are bad reasons for a secular and free society to make laws against something.

If delved into deep enough, no matter how secular we want our society to be, morals and ethics have their roots in religious beliefs of some kind...not necessarily meaning Christian. I am not religious by any means, but was raised christian and I study Confucius and other teachers. I have never taken my sons to church but I used such teachings when raising my boys, and they've turned out to be mature, thriving, well-mannered, gentlemanly members of society. So, at what point do we discard or disregard the "religious" heritage of morals and ethics in order to keep our "secular society" secular? And who gets to decide what is and isn't ok because it's "too religious"?

Just throwing that out there for discussion.

If her parental rights were terminated, would a law still have been broken.

Sick, gross and dysfunctional.
But two consenting adults that pose no real threat to society.
All of that is true. But laws are factual and aren't written based on what might happen.

I agree in a way, but I also think there are other laws based on what might happen. That's why it's illegal to drive drunk, even though it's statistically proven they don't kill innocent people most of the time. But we know that the potential damage is so great, that it's not worth the risk.

at what point do we discard or disregard the "religious" heritage of morals and ethics in order to keep our "secular society" secular? And who gets to decide what is and isn't ok because it's "too religious"?
Religion is the moral-ethics' heritage. Even more, Religion was created to give order to society and to give the reason to be to a ruler class. Early myths are just the stories of the first fights among clans and the early rulers that were considered once, gods -givers of rules and order. Incest and inbreeding will produce a weak offspring and mental illnes -once considered divine punishment- and it became tabu.

An Oklahoma woman who married two of her children is heading to prison after pleading guilty to one count of incest on Tuesday.

Patricia Ann Spann, 45, will spend two years behind bars followed by eight years of probation for the offense, in addition to paying a $1,500 fine for her guilty plea and $300 to the state's victims compensation fund.

She will also be forced to register as a sex offender.

Her ex-wife and daughter Misty, 26, is now set to be sentenced next week, and said in an affidavit that was filed in the case that she and her mother 'hit it off' at some point in 2014, and soon after began having an incestuous relationship.

Mother and daughter were married on March 25, 2016 after Misty claims her mother informed her that they were not violating any laws since Patricia had lost custody of all her children and it was their grandmother Barbara who raised the three.

That marriage, Patricia's fourth, took place six years after her third husband, who is also her son, had their union annulled in court.

Jody Spann Jr. listed his reason for seeking an annulment as 'incest,' revealing in court papers that he was 'married to his birth mother' Patricia.

Misty was initially sentenced to 10 years probation and ordered to get counselling after she entered a guilty plea last year.

She was able to withdraw that plea however when information about her mother's marriage to son Jody came to light.

Misty will enter her new plea next Tuesday.

It was Misty who applied to have the marriage annulled in September of last year, accusing her mother of 'illegality and fraud' for saying she had made sure the union was legal by conferring with three attorneys.

Misty also demanded that Patricia pay for all costs related to the paperwork and legal fees involved in filing those papers.

The young woman appears to be in a new relationship, and while she has not commented on the court proceedings, she did share a comment on Facebook last week, posting: 'It is what it is and it was what it was. F*** the past. Life is in front of you. F***ing own it.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arried-daughter-divorcing-son-going-jail.html

Patricia Ann Spann, 45, will spend two years behind bars followed by eight years of probation for the offense ..
She will also be forced to register as a sex offender.
Why the fuck? Who was fucking hurt? Where is the fucking victim here? Sure, its gross (which I said earlier), but whose damn business is it what two fucking adults do together? If anything, its a civil matter when the daughter discovered her mothers past with her son and she didn't like it and wanted an annulment.

Last edited:
I think it's silly to lock these weirdos up in prison. No one was hurt.
Prisons are over crowded the space should be for real criminals.

Misty Velvet Dawn? Shit that kid never had a chance. Mom gave her a stripper name; and it's all downhill from there. I'd name my kid Rover or Fluffy before I'd do that.

We always put "Doctor", "Senator" and/or "Professor" before his/her name. If it sounded ridiculous, we didn't use it! Think about it...Doctor Misty Velvet Dawn, Attorney Misty Velvet Dawn, Professor Misty Velvet Dawn. I'd change my name as quickly as possible...and hold a grudge against my parents FOREVAH!

I always asked myself if this name would look good in a Supreme Court justice.

You wouldn't think her mother would've even needed to do that to figure it out. Maybe she was named after an actual stripper. It just doesn't make sense.

How the fuck was she NOT on the birth certificate? She gave birth to her.... When you're adopted you get a blank birth certificate?

How the fuck was she NOT on the birth certificate? She gave birth to her.... When you're adopted you get a blank birth certificate?
The new adoptive parents names are there.

When I got my daughter's birth certificate, I was upset that they didn't even put the time of her birth on it.

Back