• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...on-limited-slate-original-programming-1094101
Scientology TV, a network dedicated to the religion, officially launched Monday evening at 5 p.m. PT with a message from Church leader David Miscavige, making a rare on-camera appearance.

"We're not here to preach to you, to convince you or to convert you," he said. "No, we simply want to show you, because after all, the first principle of Scientology is that it's only true if it is true to you. So, take a look and then decide for yourself."

Promising to answer questions about the religion, programming began with the Scientology Network Launch Special, an hourlong showing off the interior of Scientology churches interspersed with brief interviews with members. Immediately following the special, the half-hour program Meet a Scientologist profiled Deering Banjo Company founders, Greg and Janet Deering.

Other programming offered on the network's first night included Destination Scientology, a half-hour showcasing the construction of a church in Inglewood, California; Voices for Humanity, which followed a brother and sister duo who are attempting to end violence in Colombia; and L. Ron Hubbard: In His Own Voice, the first in a three-part series featuring personal audio from the Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

In response to the launch of the network, Investigation Discovery aired an episode of Vanity Fair Confidential focusing on the disappearance of Miscavige's wife, Shelly.

Rumblings about a Scientology network gained momentum in early 2017, with several rumors about the impending launch running on the website of longtime Scientology chronicler Tony Ortega. Scientology TV officially launched Monday on DirecTV (channel 320), Apple TV and Roku.
[....]
The church annually drops millions on a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl, something it ran for the sixth consecutive year last month. Like the latest ad, branding for the network comes with the same "Curious?" tagline.

Scientology TV comes at a time where the controversial church has seen a spate of high-profile projects attempting to discredit it with accusations of abuses from former members and their family members. Alex Gibney's documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief won a Peabody and three Emmys, and A&E has made headlines with its serial exposé on the church, Scientology and the Aftermath, from former member Leah Remini.

If you’re required to cut off family members who disagree with your religious beliefs, it’s not a religion, it’s a cult.

In response to the launch of the network, Investigators Discovery aired an episode of Vanity Fair Confidential focusing on the disappearance of Miscavige's wife, Shelly.

Sooooooo, wtf did happen to Shelley?

all you need to know of scientology you can watch the south park episodes for insight they are still around though i think banned by scientology, they are a dangerous cult imo

"We're not here to preach to you..." but we are here to take as much of your money as we can get our filthy hands on.

I figure Shelly is dead, but I would certainly like to know what happened to her. I believe a crime was committed and no one has investigated it officially.

it's only true if it is true to you.

There are many things that are true in the minds of people. Some of them sick, twisted things that should never see the light of day.

Saying that, it does rather explain Scientology, doesn't it? All the grubby, nasty little thoughts people hold inside.

Also, seriously. Breaking up families because they don't believe in Hubbard's thirty year old wet dream is the very definition of a cult.

I don't get it ..
How do seemingly intelligent people buy into this shit?
I am going to recommend you read A Piece Of Blue Sky, L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman?, and/or Bare-Faced Messiah for the answer to that question.

This isn't a random happenstance. The "rituals" of the "Church" are designed to drag the victim in over their head before they realize it is happening. These three books will give you a look at how they do it.

--Al

I don't get it ..
How do seemingly intelligent people buy into this shit?

One of their favorite tricks is to have prospective and new recruits take the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory). It is a lengthy test used by psychiatrists to diagnose mental disorders and other quirks. Once a recruit takes the test, the Scientologists know EVERY chink in their armor, every hang up, phobia, issue and hot button. They then use this info to manipulate and control the person by pushing all their buttons.

They are vile, evil, dangerous people.

I am going to recommend you read A Piece Of Blue Sky, L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman?, and/or Bare-Faced Messiah for the answer to that question.

This isn't a random happenstance. The "rituals" of the "Church" are designed to drag the victim in over their head before they realize it is happening. These three books will give you a look at how they do it.

--Al
Wow, thank you very much, Alf ..:hug:
I'm going to check out the local thrift stores for these books ..

I'm fascinated by this crazy cult/religion, they're so fucking weird ..

Blue Sky used to be on-line and still is at Scribd. The book's author is Jon Atack.

--Al

I dont think hardly any of em actually are very smart. It takes a very stupid person to get brainwashed/manipulated into believing this shit.

It's well documented that the religious belief aspect was created solely to gain tax exemption status. There's no room for argument on that either. How anyone can still buy into it is outrageous. I mean at least other cults have the ability to play up the faith angle, but with scientology, the origins of its belief system and for a fact artificiality of it all could not be more transparent or in your face.

It's clear that for a LOT of members, it serves as a career benefit. I think ALL the hollywood types are either complete nutter idiots(which big surprise if theyre hollywood types), or they are only there to take advantage of the many connections it provides with the other hollywood bigwigs.

Anyways, this is a brilliant marketing strategy for a cult, great way to make even doubters feel at ease. How many of the "yeah i think it's bogus, but my life sucks so why not give it a chance...just for fun".

I would highly recommend watching Leah Remini's Scientology: The Aftermath. It will show you first hand what they do to current and past members.

I remember one show where this family had left scientology and had two young kids. Their grandparents lived across the street and they wouldn't talk or respond to the grandkids. There is just so much fucked up stories.

Miss Cabbage's wife Shelly is in one of the Scamotology's compounds, in an area for those being eternally punished known as "the hole".
She's most probably still alive, but not necessarily well - the same can be said for most of their members.

I figure Shelly is dead, but I would certainly like to know what happened to her. I believe a crime was committed and no one has investigated it officially.

I think she made an appearance since then ...
[doublepost=1521490777,1521490356][/doublepost]
Miss Cabbage's wife Shelly is in one of the Scamotology's compounds,

Yeah, being disciplined someplace ... probably likes it, probably growing.

I want to work for them ... in crimonon or or narconon.

I'm debating asking him for $$$ for the books. I'm not sure what he'll say ...

He's support me working for them for sure though.

I haven't told him I got an invitation to a session yet. I did one of their tests,

its was cool ... I did better than I thought, I knew all of this crime,

and addiction would serve me eventually for sure ... like it already has, but

I want to expand.

ETA: The "holes" where COS punishes those perceived as having done wrong are office rooms, where the members are kept at work throughout an 18 hour day (minimum), and "allowed" to sleep at nights on the floors by their desks/work areas.
These members are permitted to eat the same meals served to the FSO, which is a meager serving of rice and beans, 3 times in each 24 hour period. They are permitted to shower and change clothes twice a week.
They are not paid for their work, nor are they permitted to leave, or have any contact with anyone, neither family nor friends that are members of the COS - the only people they see are the other members being held in the hole area and the armed guards at the compound.
Shelly Miscavige has been kept in a "hole", presumably believed to be the one at COS' "The Church of Spiritual Technology" near the town of Running Springs in San Bernardino CA, since 2007.

The LAPD confirmed in August of 2013 that they "made contact" with Shelly following a missing persons report filed by actress Leah Remini, but would not confirm if they met with her in person.

Tom Cruise & other celebrities are treated like royalty; ordinary schlubs, like slaves. They make members of SeaOrg sign a billion year contract but I can’t tell if these nuts believe in the eternal soul or just reincarnation. Either way, you’re fucked.

Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod; reading about $cientology is fascinating. It is so much more fucked up than the wonderful tidbits we've seen on South Park. And those were clearly some fucked up tidbits.

Lawrence Wright's Going Clear is an illuminating and engaging read; 100 pages of footnotes document sources, as Wright expected to be sued, as have many journalists who have written about $cientology. The HBO movie was based on this book. Amazon product ASIN 0307745309
Which brings up Tony Ortega's work, blog and recent book detailing $cientology's war on journalist Paulette Cooper in the 70s. Having a cult member move into her apartment building to first befriend, then gas-light her was bad enough. Their framing of her for the crime of sending bomb threats to "the church" was even more sinister (especially how they got her actual fingerprints on the letter), but fortunately, that was brought to light.

As @Turd Fergusen noted, Leah Remini's show is worth the watch, and you could watch all about the weirdness with Paulette Cooper on the 1st season, 4th episode. Or read about that episode here: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/5-things-we-learned-from-scientology-the-aftermath-ep-4-w457153

Thank you, thank you sir, for pointing me to two works about $cientology that I haven't read! It'll be good to catch up on those.

But wait, there's more! Leah Remini's book was also a crazy good read! Good grief, she was pulled out of school and put to work for 15 hour days at the Florida Center when she was 12. 12! And don't get me started on those billion year contracts...:penguin:

I've also logged a lot of time learning about $cientology from a not-so-famous former member of the Sea Org:

Back