• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/03/son_killed_while_trying_to_sto.html
[....]
The shooting happened Thursday night in Hayden and is one of two deadly domestic-related slayings in Blount County in just 24 hours. On Wednesday, a 28-year-old man was shot to death after authorities say he attacked his grandmother while she was helping him set up to camp out.

Blount County Sheriff's Office Operations Commander Tim Kent said the Thursday night shooting happened off Elvester Road. The father was trying to commit suicide and a struggle over the gun ensued between him and one of his sons. The sons are ages 21 and 23.

The gun discharged, Kent said, and struck one of the sons in the hand. The bullet then passed through his hand and struck his brother in the chest.

Both brothers were taken to UAB Hospital in Birmingham where one of them died early Friday. The fatality victim's name is not yet being released.

The father was detained for questioning. The investigation is ongoing and, once concluded, will be presented to the Blount County District Attorney's Office for review of possible charges.

In Wednesday's incident, Kent said a 66-year-old woman was helping her grandson while he was camping on Adams Road in Blountsville. It's unclear what happened, but the grandson attacked his grandmother and she shot and killed him.
[....]

daddy dearest should have just capped himself at that point in time, how tragic, only once did I try to disarm a suicidal friend he had a knife and had already drawn blood, I am lucky I didn't get stabbed & would probably never get that actively involved in someone else's self harm

Why was he openly attempting suicide ? If I were to commit suicide, I would not want anyone there.
I would want to be alone with my thoughts.

In Wednesday's incident, Kent said a 66-year-old woman was helping her grandson while he was camping on Adams Road in Blountsville. It's unclear what happened, but the grandson attacked his grandmother and she shot and killed him.
[....]

Was she helping him camp out 'cause she was moving him out of her house? And if so, was she expecting trouble? I go camping a LOT and don't typically set up camp with a gun in one hand.

Go Granny!

Helping out the little prick and he attacks you?

I wonder if “camp out” really means he was a mooch and she was giving him the boot. What do you really need to do before you go camping besides load the car?

Shoulda let him off himself.
It's better than ending up dead yourself for trying to be a hero.

What a loser just like the others— fails at killing self, succeeds at killing another. The son was probably worth 10x more than his dad.

I go camping a LOT and don't typically set up camp with a gun in one hand.
I don't either. It's too hard to drive in the tent pegs that way. Since I came back from overseas the last time, though, I have that revolver on my hip once I get to where I'm camping.

--Al

@Alf to be clear, I'm laughing at your peg driving quip, not the somber need to have a revolver. To be clear, if I camped out in the wilderness instead of open fields surrounded by other hippies at music festivals, I'd want something more substantial than my stake driver.

I'd really like to know some background on granny killing grandson. It seems like such a pitifully enabling nightmare. Or there is a weirdly sympathetic story that explains the lot.
It's all so ripe for speculation

What to ruin your family Pops.
Got a plan in place for the next suicide try?
Maybe wrestle your other son over a chainsaw.

As for Granny,
she has gumption.
I love that she offed the little peckerhead.

Back