• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
08/28/17

ALLOWAY, N.J. (AP) - Prosecutors say a New Jersey mom was high on drugs in her car and left her 2-year-old daughter unattended for hours in her car seat, where she fatally injured herself.

NJ.com reports Deanna Joseph called 911 on Saturday night to report her child was unresponsive.

Salem County Prosecutor John Lenahan says the child was found dead in a car parked in the driveway of Joseph's home with the engine running. Lenahan says it appears the child might have injured herself in the car seat.

The exact cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.

Joseph was charged with second-degree child endangerment...Court records show it is Joseph's third arrest in nine years on charges related to neglect of a child.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/20170828_ap_46746cfda4724ec3821ca37aff5f23e1.html?mobi=true

I can't imagine what that poor baby did to herself trying to get out of a car seat. A 2yo could probably undo the chest snap but not the one at the legs, may have strangled herself.

Poor baby in the car screaming in pain while mama did her thing where ever she was. Some people should never get a second chance or third chance.

I can't imagine what that poor baby did to herself trying to get out of a car seat. A 2yo could probably undo the chest snap but not the one at the legs, may have strangled herself.

Poor baby in the car screaming in pain while mama did her thing where ever she was. Some people should never get a second chance or third chance.

According to the article:
mom was high on drugs in her car

I hope she never sleeps again thinking about it.

23313100-mmmain.jpg

ALLOWAY TWP. -- A mother has been arrested after she got high on drugs and left her 2-year-old daughter unattended for hours in her car seat, where she somehow fatally injured herself, authorities said.

Deanna J. Joseph, 39, was charged with second-degree child endangerment after she called 911 around 9:45 p.m. from her home on Timberman Road to report that her child was unresponsive, State Police said.

"It appeared the child was confined in a car seat for an extended period of time while the mother was under the influence of drugs, and may have injured herself in the car seat," Salem County Prosecutor John T. Lenahan said Sunday.

Lenahan said the child had no obvious signs of blunt force trauma and the exact cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.

Joseph, who was in the vehicle with her daughter, had left the car parked but running, he said. It was a cool night, he said, but Joseph had the heater on.

This is Joseph's third arrest in nine years on charges related to neglect of a child, according to court records.

Most recently, Joseph was convicted in 2014 of cruelty and neglect of a child after authorities reportedly found her unconscious while her son, then an infant, bathed in several inches of water in a South Amboy apartment. She was sentenced to a year in jail and was released a year ago this month, records show.

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2017/08/mom_charged_in_childs_death_was_convicted_of_child.html

"It appeared the child was confined in a car seat for an extended period of time while the mother was under the influence of drugs,

found her unconscious while her son, then an infant, bathed in several inches of water

How would you even live with yourself after this ... Some of you have damned me for being separated from my kids while I was addicted and I feel like Fuck you ... I wasn't taking them with me for shit that could have turned out like this. NOPE!

Joseph was convicted in 2014 of cruelty and neglect of a child after authorities reportedly found her unconscious while her son, then an infant, bathed in several inches of water in a South Amboy apartment. She was sentenced to a year in jail and was released a year ago this month, records show.

So they had to wait until she killed a baby before taking her kids from her. I would think after serving a sentence for cruelty and neglect, they would take each child off her as soon as she produced them.

Salem County Prosecutor John Lenahan says the child was found dead in a car parked in the driveway of Joseph's home with the engine running. Lenahan says it appears the child might have injured herself in the car seat.
The exact cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner's office.
Joseph was charged with second-degree child endangerment...Court records show it is Joseph's third arrest in nine years on charges related to neglect of a child.

Third times a charm ain't it? She tried real hard and finally succeeded in killing one. How the fuck did she even have custody in the first place?!

It sickens me to think that poor little one tried like hell to get out of the car seat. Fought hard. Stronger than that piece of shit 'mother' could ever hope to be.

Some of you have damned me for being separated from my kids while I was addicted and I feel like Fuck you ... I wasn't taking them with me for shit that could have turned out like this. NOPE!

Maybe some who weren't thinking have damned you, but those of us who have brains THANK you! You thought of your children and their welfare, and made sure they were safe until you triumphed over the addiction. Proud of you :hug:

The woman who "recklessly" caused the death of her 2-year-old daughter by allegedly getting high and then driving around with the child strapped in a car seat, has been indicted for manslaughter in connection with the case, according to court records.

Deanna J. Joseph, 39, has remained jailed since being taken into custody after the death of her daughter, Kayley Freeman, on Aug. 26 in Alloway Township.

Joseph, appearing in Superior Court in Salem shortly after her arrest, said she wasn't clear how her daughter died.

"I don't know what happened to my daughter. I want to find out myself. And I need to find out for her, to know what really happened," Joseph told a judge.

In addition to second-degree manslaughter, Joseph was indicted by a Salem County grand jury on a second-degree charge of endangering the welfare of a child, fourth-degree possession of a weapon by a convicted person, second-degree unlawful possession of a weapon, two counts of third-degree possession of a controlled dangerous substance (heroin and cocaine) and a fourth-degree charge of defacing firearms, according to court records.

Joseph's next court appearance, a post-indictment conference, is scheduled in Superior Court in Salem on Nov. 27.
http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...eath_of_daughter_2_in.html#incart_river_index

What is she expecting to hear? Someone snuck into the car while it was driving and killed your little girl. It was the bathtub/couch/stairs. Not this time. Of course it could never be the mother of the year driving around higher than a kite. Who never even noticed her child had died in the back seat. JFC people suck!

"I don't know what happened to my daughter. I want to find out myself. And I need to find out for her, to know what really happened," Joseph told a judge.

Like that will do her daughter any good. She's just hoping that something will come out that will shift the blame off her. If you're so fucking high your kid actually DIES and you have no idea what happened you don't deserve any answers.

I know how you feel so sorry for the woman
Because she was a drug addict poor soul
She didn't know better
Bless her poor soul
I know how you feel about these poor victims to drugs more then you feel for their viles crimes against the poor child
Bleeding hearts make me puke

Thank SIMPLYSPASZTASTIC for this comment

She didn't know better
Bless her poor soul
I know how you feel about these poor victims to drugs more then you feel for their viles crimes against the poor child

What the hell are you going on about lol

Sooo, still no cause of death?
The Coroner says asphyxiation, I say junkie mom.
November 27, 2017
joseph_6.JPG

[....]

An autopsy determined that the child died of positional asphyxiation, meaning the way she was positioned didn't allow her to breathe properly.

Brennan said when Joseph was questioned by state police she gave different stories of what happened that day.

In one she said that she had gone out to buy cigarettes, "lost consciousness" pulled over to the side of the road for an unknown amount of time.

She ultimately admitted she ingested drugs that day and blood tests showed drugs in her system, Brennan said.

Phone records, Brennan said, helped authorities to find witnesses who helped them piece together what happened that day.

Brennan said one witness interviewed claimed she and Joseph "used cocaine together on several occasions."

That witness said Joseph allegedly told her she "needed more drugs," but rejected the idea of driving to Camden for them because she had Kayley with her.

Another witness, Brennan said, told police that he and Joseph had "shot up together on several occasions in the past several months."

The result was Joseph allegedly visited Salem late in the afternoon and then again on the night of Aug. 26 to buy drugs.

In her last alleged visit to Salem that day, one witness told investigators that they saw Kayley moving in her car seat.

"We have her twice on the day of the incident in Salem City purchasing drugs," Brennan said.

Brennan said when search warrants were executed for Joseph's car and house investigators found bags with trace amounts of cocaine, heroin and fentanyl.

They also found a defaced handgun and eight to nine rounds of ammunition in her Mercedes' trunk, Brennan said. It is the same gun she allegedly used to fire a bullet into a wall inside the house about a week before.

[...]

http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2017/11/mom_made_2_drug-buying_trips_day_daughter_died_in.html

Last edited:
How would you even live with yourself after this ... Some of you have damned me for being separated from my kids while I was addicted and I feel like Fuck you ... I wasn't taking them with me for shit that could have turned out like this. NOPE!
I have a huge amount of respect for people who identify they are not fit parents for “whatever” reason and choose to put their kid’s safety first. I imagine more people don’t do that due to public shame and fear that a willful custody exchange will be permanent. That must be terrifying to real parent with true parental love. recovery is hard with 100% focus so they have to half ass their recovery trying to “keep it together”

So, this career junkie was driving a mercedes? I bet the poor baby was fighting to get out of the seat after being strapped in it for hours on end while the bitch was passed out and got choked.
That’s what I figured too.

A Salem County woman who got high in the front seat of her car as her 2-year-old child died in the backseat last summer faces between 9.5 and 15 years in prison after pleading guilty Monday to second-degree manslaughter.

Deanna Joseph -- who already had an extensive criminal record that included child neglect and drug charges -- traveled to Salem twice on Aug. 26 to purchase drugs while daughter Kayley Freeman was strapped in her car seat, prosecutors previously noted.

That night, Kayley's father found Joseph passed out in the driver's seat of her Mercedes at the end of the driveway where the couple shared a home in Alloway Township. Kayley was dead in the car seat.

An autopsy determined that she died of positional asphyxia, which describes a condition in which a person's breathing is obstructed because of the way their body is positioned.

Joseph, 39, gave varied explanations for what happened when she was interviewed by police, at one point saying she had gone out to purchase cigarettes and lost consciousness for an unknown length of time.

She later admitted to using drugs that day. Searches of her car and home turned up bags with trace amounts of heroin, fentanyl and cocaine. A blood test revealed cocaine in her system.

In addition to reckless manslaughter, Joseph pleaded guilty Monday to a second-degree child endangerment charge, second-degree possession of a weapon without a permit and third-degree possession of a controlled dangerous substance (cocaine). Authorities found an unloaded, defaced handgun in the trunk of her car, along with ammunition.

Joseph tearfully acknowledged her guilt as she quietly answered Superior Court Judge Linda Lawhun's questions.

She permanently lost custody of her first four children in 2011 and the fathers had custody of the next two, including Kayley, according to state welfare officials.

Kayley's father, Thomas J. Freeman, attended Monday's hearing but declined to comment.
http://www.nj.com/salem/index.ssf/2...died_in_car_pleads_to.html#incart_river_index
[doublepost=1521258892,1516760057][/doublepost]@Echasez
A father who found his toddler daughter dead in the backseat of the car has called for the child's mother to be sentenced to hell instead of prison for passing out on drugs and leaving her to die.

Deanna J. Joseph, 40, was sentenced to the maximum term of 15 years in prison on Friday in Alloway Township, New Jersey for her role in the August 2017 death of two-year-old Kayley Freeman.

Joseph pleaded guilty in January to manslaughter, child endangerment and drug and weapons charges.

'The tears are made so you feel bad for her,' outraged father Thomas Freeman said in a letter to the court read prior to sentencing, NJ.com reported. 'Every tear is a lie.'

'Hell is not good enough for her,' Freeman said, noting that there was no reason for Joseph to take young Hayley on multiple drug-buying runs the day she died. 'Fifteen years is not enough time. Kayley's life was worth way more than that.'

The grieving father described the utter horror of finding Kayley slumped over in her car seat in a Mercedes at the end of the driveway where the couple shared a home.

'I found my daughter dead in a car seat. I didn't sleep for days... I have flashbacks,' he said.

An autopsy determined that Kayley died of positional asphyxia, a condition in which a person's breathing is obstructed because of the way their body is positioned.

Joseph was slumped over in the driver's seat while Kayley died feet away from her.

Searches of her car and home turned up bags with trace amounts of heroin, fentanyl and cocaine. A blood test revealed cocaine in her system.

Cops also found an unloaded, defaced handgun in the trunk of her car, along with ammunition.

A court later heard that Joseph traveled to Salem twice to purchase drugs - with Kayley strapped in the car seat the whole time - on the day the toddler died.

Joseph has a lengthy criminal record with 10 felony convictions. In two of those cases, she left a child alone while high on drugs.

Superior Court Judge Linda Lawhun handed down the 15-year sentence on Friday, including concurrent 10-year terms on the manslaughter and endangering charges, a concurrent 3-year term for the drug charge and a consecutive 5-year term for the weapons offense.

Joseph must serve at least 85 per cent of the manslaughter term and at least 1 year of the weapons sentence before she is eligible for parole.

Defense attorney Peter Alfinito said Kayley's death was a tragic accident, saying his client was gripped by drug addiction and would gladly have taken her daughter's place to save her.

'She is truly remorseful,' he said. 'She will do her sentence and hopefully when she does get out... she will be able to be a part of society.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-drugs-toddler-suffocated-gets-15-years.html

She didn't know better
Bless her poor soul

And put the @ sign like this @SimplySpaztastic otherwise, that member has no idea they are being called out.

Back